Bye Bye Eskimo Pie

And another iconic mascot & brand bites the dust. No more Eskimo for Eskimo pies. Isn't it odd how the minorities are being disappeared in the name of racial justice?

The owner of Eskimo Pie ice cream treats says it will change the name of its 99-year-old brand because the term is "derogatory," the company announced on Friday.

The move by Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream, which owns Eskimo Pies, comes as Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben’s announced changes to their brands following nationwide protests in the wake of the police killing of George Floyd on May 25.

“We are committed to being a part of the solution on racial equality, and recognize the term is derogatory,” Elizabell Marquez, the company’s head of marketing, said in a statement.

Whining about non-issues such as product rebranding is another conservative red herring.

How long before we add Che to Mt Rushmore ?
Rushmore.jpg

Ode To Eskimo Pie

A long long time ago
I can still remember how that ice cream
Used to make me smile
And I knew if I had my chance
That I could make those Inuit dance
And maybe they'd be happy for a while
But February made me shiver
With every scoop they'd deliver
Bad news on the doorstep
I couldn't take one more step
I can't remember if I cried when I
Read about our wounded pride
But something touched me deep inside
The day the ice cream
Died

So bye, bye tasty Eskimo Pies
Drove my dog sled to the ocean but the tide was high
Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey 'n' Rye
Singin' this'll be the day that I die
This'll be the day that I die
For just one more
Eskimo Pie

I've heard of Moon Pies, but I have never heard of Eskimo Pies.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Wow I've never met an American who has never heard of Eskimo Pie.

It's ice cream covered with chocolate. They have different versions of it with heath candy and others in it.

It's just a square of either vanilla or chocolate ice cream encased in hard chocolate.

It's simple but very good. If you like ice cream.

Cracker Barrel will be next. They will drop Cracker and simply call themselves Barrel. After all, people of color may be afraid to eat at Cracker Barrel because they may get cracked by the whip of a cracker.

Wouldn't "cracker" be offensive to white people?

I didn't know Eskimo is a derogatory term.

Yes, most Inuit, find the term degrading.

Kind of like most Native Americans don't like to be called "Indian", and Asian people don't like to be called "Oriental".

“Bye Bye Eskimo Pie”

Nonsense.

The product will still be available – same taste, different name.

Such is the idiocy of the right.

Oh no.
I still have a racist Eskimo gas can I still use for drain oil.
20200621_091430.jpg

My dog Muffin's breed is American Eskimo. :eek-52:

That's double trouble.

I feel a little funny when people ask what breed she is and I tell them, but I've gotten used to the name and hope they don't change it too, although I suppose that's unlikely.

It's kind of ironic how it went from one problematic name to another.

BTW the picture of the dog at the link looks a lot like my dog.

The American Eskimo is one of the Spitz families of Nordic breeds. It is closely related to the white German Spitz. German Spitzes were eventually brought to America, where the name changed to American Eskimo Dog due to the widespread anti-German feelings during World War I. Today they are known as a separate breed, but are closely related to the German Spitz.

Wow I've never met an American who has never heard of Eskimo Pie.

It's ice cream covered with chocolate. They have different versions of it with heath candy and others in it.

It's just a square of either vanilla or chocolate ice cream encased in hard chocolate.

It's simple but very good. If you like ice cream.

Thank you. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back