Bye Bye Eskimo Pie

So you went to the company and polled all of the officers political affiliation by party, correct?....No? So you have no idea what ideology the officials who made this decision stand for? Just another right wing lashing out.
I'll tell why they did. They sat down and did the math. Political Climate=>Public Awareness=>Brand Recognition=>Company Changes Brand Name......MONEY!!!

They would gain more respect if they simply told the tiny complaining minority to fuck off.

And another iconic mascot & brand bites the dust. No more Eskimo for Eskimo pies. Isn't it odd how the minorities are being disappeared in the name of racial justice?

The owner of Eskimo Pie ice cream treats says it will change the name of its 99-year-old brand because the term is "derogatory," the company announced on Friday.

The move by Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream, which owns Eskimo Pies, comes as Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben’s announced changes to their brands following nationwide protests in the wake of the police killing of George Floyd on May 25.

“We are committed to being a part of the solution on racial equality, and recognize the term is derogatory,” Elizabell Marquez, the company’s head of marketing, said in a statement.

So if they call it a polar pie will it taste any different?

What does it matter what the name or the picture on the package are?

That's a cool word. I'm gonna use that again. It's easy snowflake. Any brand associated with a company that is even perceived to be racist is probably going to get changed...or risk serious social and financial blowback. That's not pandering. That's survival.

If that's the case the democrat brand should have been the first to go.

Come out into the light, Dark. This isn't phony racism. Like it or not, it's what these brands were built on and marketed with. With the current groundswell in this country, of course companies are going to change brand names that they feel will ultimately affect their profits...or perhaps even their company's reputation. And I'm sorry, weren't a lot of these companies staunch supporters of the Republican Tax Policy gift a few years ago....and now they are liberals wanting to change their brand names?
No one other than a leftist would be so dumb as to end a branding campaign that has existed for over 100 years. There is no ground-swell, only manipulated idiots who believe everything they are told by the media.

And another iconic mascot & brand bites the dust. No more Eskimo for Eskimo pies. Isn't it odd how the minorities are being disappeared in the name of racial justice?

The owner of Eskimo Pie ice cream treats says it will change the name of its 99-year-old brand because the term is "derogatory," the company announced on Friday.

The move by Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream, which owns Eskimo Pies, comes as Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben’s announced changes to their brands following nationwide protests in the wake of the police killing of George Floyd on May 25.

“We are committed to being a part of the solution on racial equality, and recognize the term is derogatory,” Elizabell Marquez, the company’s head of marketing, said in a statement.

Really and truly insane and racist. If anything it's ass backwards. Uncle and aunt are terms of endearment. Are they saying if they're black they shouldn't be loved? If not, WTF are they saying?

Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry...

Aunt Jemiahma’s relatives are upset with this bullshit. They want her image left alone.

So you are equating a chocolate coated square of fat and sugar with a literary work?

No, I'm equating Orwell's Totalitarian State with the Democratic Party wanna-bes
I guess i just don't see the big deal about the picture on the package or the name of some junk food

All things are now political, thanks to the Democrats.

Talk to them.

Yeah because the republicans never politicize anything.

So you are equating a chocolate coated square of fat and sugar with a literary work?

No, I'm equating Orwell's Totalitarian State with the Democratic Party wanna-bes
I guess i just don't see the big deal about the picture on the package or the name of some junk food

Talk to them.

They do now.

Talk to them.

They do now.

Both parties do and always did.

Talk to them.

They do now.

Both parties do and always did.

No where near the current degree. The current obsession started with the Democrats at the university level in the 1960s, and grew from there. Republicans joined the fray for defense. Now it's common to attach everything in the known universe to your particular (or peculiar as is the case with Democrats) political ideology.

Forum List

Back