CA teacher who voiced Christians views on sexuality resigns after backlash, death threats

Doesn't matter. It was still an op ed in a PUBLIC SCHOOL NEWSPAPER. By the school allowing that to be published in their official school newspaper, it kinda looks like the school is supporting one religion over another. And that is a no no in a public school.
I agree that the teaching of any religion should be kept out of school, an op ed, by definition 778677an expression of a personal belief, is not teaching religion. Humiliating a child because she is not dressed according to the edicts of a religion at a school function is a whole different situation.
It's a true story only it wasn't a Muslim teacher it was a birthday party. The mom's chastized my sister in law and the little girls body shamed her daughter.

But it illustrates to Christians how they wouldn't like it if another religion was shoving their values in their face. Not fun when you're the minority. That's why people should keep their opinions to themselves.

And in a way it's true. Look at how Americans act. Remember Jon bonet Ramsey? Little girls wearing two piece bikinis? No modesty. And look at our unwed teen birth rates. Allah says...lol
Well there you go if it wasn't in school, who cares. The teacher in question wasn't proselytizing in school it was an op ed. For this he received death threats. I have no doubt that the school would have also allowed a muslim teacher to espouse his views on gays in an op ed. The difference is those on the left would have rallied around said teacher in the name of diversity.
I do see our hypocricy there.

On the other hand, I don't go to Facebook because I know anything bad I say there could be held against me with an employer. For that this teacher is an idiot.

But I agree they wouldn't fire a Muslim. That'd be politically incorrect. The worry they'd be sued by the ACLU.

I wouldn't take the chance with my job and I don't work with kids.

We want schools to have the power to let bad teachers go. She sounds horrible
I agree with that, I would never defend what the teacher said and employers have every right to judge potential employees on their public statements. It's the hypocrisy end of it that drives me nuts. The left is full of it. And most of the time I don't particularly care about many of the issues that the left's hypocrisy rears it's head over, it's the absolute abandonment of rational thought in order to further their hypocrisy.
I wanted our society to move in a more liberal progressive direction but I don't think it deserves it anymore. Maybe you guys are right. And even if you aren't right, the left either doesn't want it bad enough, is way overmatched as far as propoganda and money, or we are losing the battle for the hearts and minds of the independents who don't pay attention enough to pick a side, care, or even show up to vote.

I'll do fine in a every man for himself society. I just don't think that's the best society. This country is going to go through a major change and shock when social security gets cut 30%. Who says everyone should be able to retire at 65 years old? Just because our grandparents and parents got to, doesn't mean we deserve it too. They fought and won those benefits and for those social programs for them. WE have been convinced we don't deserve those entitlements and handouts.

I suspect most of you right wingers will be negatively affected by this conservative government too but for some reason you don't care. Or you are convinced the liberals did it to you.

Income inequality in the United States has increased significantly since the 1970s after several decades of stability, meaning the share of the nation's income received by higher income households has increased. This trend is evident with income measured both before taxes (market income) as well as after taxes and transfer payments. Income inequality has fluctuated considerably since measurements began around 1915, moving in an arc between peaks in the 1920s and 2000s, with a 30-year period of relatively lower inequality between 1950–1980

You do the math. Class warfare was waged on us starting with Reagan. It's true. GE and Jack Walsh were one of the first to break the social contract corporations had with workers. You all get what you deserve.

A California high school teacher has willingly resigned after receiving intense backlash over his Christian views on sexuality. Michael Stack taught special education at San Luis Obispo High School before a letter he wrote to the school newspaper sparked outrage among students, LifeSite News reported. Last month, Stack wrote a letter to the editor of the online student newspaper, Expressions, regarding the May issue, which focused on LGBT topics and featured a photo of

CA Teacher Who Voiced Christian Views on Sexuality Resigns After Backlash, Death Threats
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the way the ball bounces, so just deal with it . The tolerant peaceful left picking up the ISIS way so peaceful and caring what a bunch of loser hypocrites. They can't eat themselves alive soon enough
This little 8 year old girl came home crying. Her and her class went swimming. All the girls and the teacher were Muslims and the girls wore Muslim swimwear. She was crying because the teacher told the class what the Koran says about modesty and now she won't go swimming because they body shamed her.

Teachers need to leave their weird religious beliefs at home
You folks seem to miss the point, this wasn't curriculum, it was basically an oped in a newspaper. Nowhere do they say he discussed this in class.

To be equivalent to your example he would have had to humiliate a gay child in class.

Doesn't matter. It was still an op ed in a PUBLIC SCHOOL NEWSPAPER. By the school allowing that to be published in their official school newspaper, it kinda looks like the school is supporting one religion over another. And that is a no no in a public school.
I agree that the teaching of any religion should be kept out of school, an op ed, by definition 778677an expression of a personal belief, is not teaching religion. Humiliating a child because she is not dressed according to the edicts of a religion at a school function is a whole different situation.

An op ed in any other publication, and I wouldn't have a problem with it. Trouble is, by putting it in the public school news paper, it makes it look like the school endorses Christianity over other religions. Did they invite other people of different beliefs to write an op ed as well? If not, they should keep it out of the public school paper.

Hey, if the dude would have printed up flyers and handed them out just off of school grounds, I would support his right to free speech. However, he used school property and resources to spread his views, which should have been kept out of a public school forum.

A California high school teacher has willingly resigned after receiving intense backlash over his Christian views on sexuality. Michael Stack taught special education at San Luis Obispo High School before a letter he wrote to the school newspaper sparked outrage among students, LifeSite News reported. Last month, Stack wrote a letter to the editor of the online student newspaper, Expressions, regarding the May issue, which focused on LGBT topics and featured a photo of

CA Teacher Who Voiced Christian Views on Sexuality Resigns After Backlash, Death Threats
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the way the ball bounces, so just deal with it . The tolerant peaceful left picking up the ISIS way so peaceful and caring what a bunch of loser hypocrites. They can't eat themselves alive soon enough
This little 8 year old girl came home crying. Her and her class went swimming. All the girls and the teacher were Muslims and the girls wore Muslim swimwear. She was crying because the teacher told the class what the Koran says about modesty and now she won't go swimming because they body shamed her.

Teachers need to leave their weird religious beliefs at home
You folks seem to miss the point, this wasn't curriculum, it was basically an oped in a newspaper. Nowhere do they say he discussed this in class.

To be equivalent to your example he would have had to humiliate a gay child in class.

An op ed in any other publication, and I wouldn't have a problem with it. Trouble is, by putting it in the public school news paper, it makes it look like the school endorses Christianity over other religions. Did they invite other people of different beliefs to write an op ed as well? If not, they should keep it out of the public school paper.

Hey, if the dude would have printed up flyers and handed them out just off of school grounds, I would support his right to free speech. However, he used school property and resources to spread his views, which should have been kept out of a public school forum.
If you defend the teacher just imagine a scenario where it's a wack job Muslim and realize we don't want to hear anyone's beliefs.

We all have beliefs. This teacher felt the need to talk.

You know where she should go work? Private schools

He should go work for a christian private school. Of course they don't pay as well but we're living in right wing world now.

He should go work for a christian private school. Of course they don't pay as well but we're living in right wing world now.

Not really the attack and slaughter among Christians began during O asshole.

Not really the attack and slaughter among Christians began during O asshole.
Not counting 9-11 that happened to bush the the us cole and Iran hostage and ....

Forum List

Back