Cable TV was around in 1973???

I was watching a episode of Sanford and Son from the 1972-73 TV season and Fred was telling Lamont he wants Cable TV which shocked the hell out of me. I didn't even hear of cable until 1987 and always wondered what ESN stood for inside the TV Guide which was ESPN.

I didn't get cable until 1988
There is no way you could possibly remember 1887 or 88....... Heck you probably couldn't remember your name if you didn't have it on a patch on your shirt.......

Why the fuck you got to be so disrespectful?
Since when did you ever show you deserved any respect?

I was watching a episode of Sanford and Son from the 1972-73 TV season and Fred was telling Lamont he wants Cable TV which shocked the hell out of me. I didn't even hear of cable until 1987 and always wondered what ESN stood for inside the TV Guide which was ESPN.

There is no way you could possibly remember 1887 or 88....... Heck you probably couldn't remember your name if you didn't have it on a patch on your shirt.......
Wait till he hears about radial tires or 8 trac's.
8 track
Pony Express.......

I don't know darling if cable was around in 1973, I wasn't born until 1990.
Then you know jackshit about everything.

8 track
Pony Express.......
Wait till he hears about all that free sex during the 60s and 70s. And part of the 80s. Lets see, if he's watching Sanford and son TODAY, will he be watching The golden girls by 2025?

8 track
Pony Express.......
Wait till he hears about all that free sex during the 60s and 70s. And part of the 80s. Lets see, if he's watching Sanford and son TODAY, will he be watching The golden girls by 2025?
You mean the free sex you had to pay for?

nb5hrd.jpg

8 track
Pony Express.......

I thought the Golden Girls was aimed toward OLD WHITE WOMAN?

8 track
Pony Express.......
You mean the free sex you had to pay for?
That's what free clinics were for........ :eusa_whistle:

8 track
Pony Express.......

I thought the Golden Girls was aimed toward OLD WHITE WOMAN?
The only kind that can't outrun you.........

1983 in Nassau County...CableVision used the Rolling Stones Undercover of the Night to kick off MTV.

when my parents got it in 1975, there was 8-10 channels on cable which beat the heck out of the 3 we got through the antenna. :D

Forum List

Back