Cain: Black community 'brainwashed' into voting for Dems

Man this is not about GOP or DEM, this is about your life, your future, your right to what you deserve. Keep believing the GOP is evil and you will continue to be angry and oppressed, believe you can achieve more and you will. Believe in yourself, not the damn government!!

This is precisely about GOP or DEM!!!!!

When you're lying along the highway after losing both legs in a car crash, it's a little hard to pick yourself up by your own bootstraps. You may need a little help...

In other words, you don't know shit about the reality of poor people.

Man this is not about GOP or DEM, this is about your life, your future, your right to what you deserve. Keep believing the GOP is evil and you will continue to be angry and oppressed, believe you can achieve more and you will. Believe in yourself, not the damn government!!

This is precisely about GOP or DEM!!!!!

When you're lying along the highway after losing both legs in a car crash, it's a little hard to pick yourself up by your own bootstraps. You may need a little help...

In other words, you don't know shit about the reality of poor people.

Wow!! You don't know shit about poor people. My family was the one the church gave stuff to, my parents got divorced and we moved to Chicago. We were on welfare, we had food stamps, we lived in dumps in slum neighborhoods, there were days we didn't eat anything but crackers. Don't tell me I don't know what poor is. My mom took care of all four of us the best she could. It was tough but we survived, 40 years ago I could have sat back and said, aw hell, let the government take care of me but I decided I was better than that. I worked my ass off for this house and 6 acres on my little mountain in Georgia.

Yea, I know what poor is, I know what roaches are, I know how big rats can get, I know what hunger feels like. BTDT, I made my life what it is.

Wow!! You don't know shit about poor people. My family was the one the church gave stuff to, may parents got divorced and we moved to Chicago. We were on welfare, we had food stamps, we lived in dumps in slum neighborhoods, there were days we didn't eat anything but crackers. Don't tell me I don't know what poor is. My mom took care of all four of us the best she could. It was tough but we survived, 40 years ago I could have sat back and said, aw hell, let the government take care of me but I decided I was better than that. I worked my ass off for this house and 6 acres on my little mountain in Georgia.

Yea, I know what poor is, I know what roaches are, I know how big rats can get, I know what hunger feels like. BTDT, I made my life what it is.

So, welfare and food stamps kept you from the grim reaper. Who paid for those dumps in slum neighborhoods that put a roof over your head? It may have been shitty, but wasn't it better than nothing?

BTW, I applaud your rise out of poverty.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N3-j3HM7-A&feature=related]Herman Cain: "Stupid People Are Ruining America" - YouTube[/ame]

Cain makes a lot of sense to me. :clap2:

Let's see Obama debate this man. :lol:

Clinton was actually able to do some quick mathematical analysis on stage even though his assumptions were wrong. Listen to Obama's speeches/townhalls and it's devoid of analytic analysis. The only numbers Obama uses are when he says how much he wants to spend. No wonder the Clintons had contempt for Obama - Obama is an empty suit, America's first and (imo) hopefully only affirmative action president.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!! You don't know shit about poor people. My family was the one the church gave stuff to, may parents got divorced and we moved to Chicago. We were on welfare, we had food stamps, we lived in dumps in slum neighborhoods, there were days we didn't eat anything but crackers. Don't tell me I don't know what poor is. My mom took care of all four of us the best she could. It was tough but we survived, 40 years ago I could have sat back and said, aw hell, let the government take care of me but I decided I was better than that. I worked my ass off for this house and 6 acres on my little mountain in Georgia.

So, welfare and food stamps kept you from the grim reaper. Who paid for those dumps in slum neighborhoods that put a roof over your head? It may have been shitty, but wasn't it better than nothing?

BTW, I applaud your rise out of poverty.

Yea, welfare and food stamps took care of me for a couple of years while my mom went to school so she could get a real job. Sears hired her, for the first time in her life she made it on her own. We grew up, moved away and took those lessons we learned from the school of hard knocks and made our lives better. All four of us have kids, grandkids, own our own homes and have successful lives. We chose that for ourselves, our government assistance was temporary, it helped us when we needed it then we moved past it. That's what it was intended to do, not for me to spend the rest of my life tied to the slums. That's all the government can give you, that's where they want to keep you, just below the edge.

Yea, welfare and food stamps took care of me for a couple of years while my mom went to school so she could get a real job. Sears hired her, for the first time in her life she made it on her own. We grew up, moved away and took those lessons we learned from the school of hard knocks and made our lives better. All four of us have kids, grandkids, own our own homes and have successful lives. We chose that for ourselves, our government assistance was temporary, it helped us when we needed it then we moved past it. That's what it was intended to do, not for me to spend the rest of my life tied to the slums. That's all the government can give you, that's where they want to keep you, just below the edge.

Why would government want to keep you, just below the edge?

So they can have my vote, so I can eat and have better than the alternative to live in. So they can make me dependent on them. If I move on and realize I don't need them to take care of me, I can make my own decisions, work for what I believe and realize they want their "folks" dependent on government.

Why do you think they group poor people in "neighborhoods"?? Why do they want to give them "more"?? Not enough, just a little more. So they can have them where they want them. Dems love poor people so they can over power them, keep them dumbed down just enough to keep them from moving on.

This is exactly what Herman Cain is referring to as being brainwashed.

Now, I must get some sleep, I have a busy day tomorrow with a Cub Scout fund raiser and a wedding.

Last edited:
I already did, dipshit.

Give them access to charter schools, and a voucher program
Really? That's what you want to go with? That's the one thing the GOP stands for that is for the betterment of the Black Community?

You want to take a second and re-think that?
Unlike the dem's, the GOP stands for helping all americans, as opposed to classifying them. The dem's classify for purely political reasons. The dem's enact policies to keep people down. Tells the blacks that government is the answer to all of their problems.

Why can't dems treat blacks like they are no different than anybody else?

Why do they force feed blacks the notion that only the dems can help them with unsustainable government programs, and that big government is the only way blacks wil succeed?

Why do dems continually belittle the black race by telling them they can't think for themselves, and that a political party must do all of their thinking for them?

Why do the dems continue to push for racial divisions in this country?

Why do the dems continually oppose ideas that would give black parents the opportunity of more choices in their childrens education. As opposed to keeping them stuck in our failure of a public school system?

Why doesn't a black man like Obama visit the black ghetto's, and talk to them directly?

What have the dems and Obama actually done to better the blacks situation?

Why was this president up in front of a podium last week, chastizing his black constituents for daring to call him out on his abject failures?

Why was he basically calling them a bunch of weak whiners?

LMAO.......Yeah, you phoney dems sure are doing a lot for the blacks in this country.

Why don't blacks do for themselves?

What does the republican party do for white evangelical christian conservatives?

So they can have my vote, so I can eat and have better than the alternative to live in. So they can make me dependent on them. If I move on and realize I don't need them to take care of me, I can make my own decisions, work for what I believe and realize they want their "folks" dependent on government.

Why do you think they group poor people in "neighborhoods"?? Why do they want to give them "more"?? Not enough, just a little more. So they can have them where they want them. Dems love poor people so they can over power them, keep them dumbed down just enough to keep them from moving on.

Now, I must get some sleep, I have a busy day tomorrow with a Cub Scout fund raiser and a wedding.

Sooo, when poor people escape poverty - they become taxpayers. Well, I can certainly see why the government would not want that.

As for grouping poor people in "neighborhoods" - don't you think that makes it more cost-effective and easier for social services? Why do you think they group old people in nursing homes and other elderly communities?

What are Republicans doing for poor people? Even if Democrats only want the poor vote - at least they're trying to help them. Republicans don't even want poor people to vote.

Last edited:

I live in a neighborhood where most people make 6 figures, how can a poor person get "grouped" into my neighborhood?

I live in a neighborhood where most people make 6 figures, how can a poor person get "grouped" into my neighborhood?

Are you suggesting that the majority of Hispanics or Black Americans' make 6 figures or live in 6 figure communities? If not what is the relevance of your comment? Are you saying that the democrats are really the party of the wealthy?

Are you suggesting that the majority of Hispanics or Black Americans' make 6 figures or live in 6 figure communities? If not what is the relevance of your comment? Are you saying that the democrats are really the party of the wealthy?

I'm saying that my wife and I both have 6 figure incomes and we live in a neighborhood we can afford. Just like poor people live in neighborhoods they can afford. Research what happens when Section 8 housing is put into non-poor neighborhoods.

I'm saying that my wife and I both have 6 figure incomes and we live in a neighborhood we can afford. Just like poor people live in neighborhoods they can afford. Research what happens when Section 8 housing is put into non-poor neighborhoods.

So in other words policies that keep all the poor people dependent and together, are good policies...Because if you stick those poor brown people in my wealthy 6 figure community it will go to hell...right? Yeah those must be some brain washed and brain dead people that think that is helping the black community...helping them to stay poor and dependent.

Let's boil this down: Why should poor people vote for Herman Cain - or any Republican? What would they get in return? After all, we all vote in our perceived best interests. Hell, why would ANYONE except the rich vote Republican?

Dear Herman Cain: Why should the poor vote for you? Please be specific and truthful.

Dear Herman Cain: Why should Democrats vote for you? Please be specific and truthful.

Dear Herman Cain: Why should women vote for you? Please be specific and truthful.

Dear Herman Cain: Why should blacks vote for you? Please be specific and truthful.

Dear Herman Cain: Why should Hispanics vote for you? Please be specific and truthful.

Last edited:
(I can't find a thread on this yet, so...)

TRENDING: Cain: Black community ‘brainwashed’ into voting for Dems – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

"African-Americans have been brainwashed into not being open minded, not even considering a conservative point of view," Cain said on CNN's "The Situation Room" in an interview airing Wednesday between 5-7 p.m. ET. "I have received some of that same vitriol simply because I am running for the Republican nomination as a conservative. So it's just brainwashing and people not being open minded, pure and simple."

Cain wasn't going to get the nomination anyway, but to me this really feels like a gaffe. Part of that is probably that it reminds me of George Romney's "brainwashing" gaffe (George Romney presidential campaign, 1968 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Obscure historical references aside, Cain's comments seem offensive, and I doubt his own race is going to give him much cover. I think the only acceptable position for a politician asking for votes is to respect the voters, and he failed to do that. Pleading for open-mindedness would have been fine, but he went too far.

A gaffe? Really? Maybe if the guy was white it could be seen as one -but this is a black man talking about why he thinks blacks largely vote as a bloc and vote Democrat. The fact is blacks vote as a bloc which is NOT normal voting behavior and it is about time someone pointed that out. Blacks are the only race that votes as a bloc. Bloc voting is a sign of a lack of independent thinking and neither of the other two races do it. What exactly do blacks think they are voting FOR by voting as a bloc for Democrats? Because what they BELIEVE they are getting -is NOT what they are REALLY getting. Call it "brainwashed" or any other word that explains why they so firmly believe in spite of the nonstop evidence to the contrary that voting Democrat will lead them to greater success and prosperity even though it is provably untrue. Blacks provably do NOT thrive under Democrats but the opposite and we see that remains true even if the President is also a black Democrat -the level of misery for blacks has sharply risen under Obama. Yet no matter how much worse off they are for it, they continue voting as a bloc. So what do blacks THINK they get by voting Democrat -and what do they REALLY get in return for it? Call it "brainwashed" but I think it is residual slave mentality myself. I don't mean that as a derogatory statement or as a comment about race itself - but as an ingrained pattern started by slavery that has been carefully cultivated and reinforced ever since. No long term enslaved population would be immune if exposed to generations of this and it has been seen in every race in other countries throughout history. But in this country, it is blacks who have been exposed to it and have yet to break free from it.

Democrats were the slave owners in the first place, the ones who exploited blacks for their own financial gain. It was an astonishingly short period of time before they figured out how to get blacks back on their plantation and how to keep them there in order to continue exploiting them. Originally exploited for financial gain -now its for Democrats' political gain but exploiting blacks is still the name of the game when it comes to Democrats. Unfortunately while blacks may no longer have the chains of slavery in place -the fact they are largely exploited as a group still indicates a mindset that has yet to break free of that underlying relationship between exploiter and slave. It is a relationship that is clearly far more twisted and convoluted than it first appears because outsiders to this relationship can clearly see how appallingly damaging it has been and continues to be for blacks. Those doing the exploiting will justify their paternalistic racism to their last breath, convinced THEY are being "kind and caring" with a form of racism that is far more soul destroying than overt racism because it is disguised as "caring" and "kindness". It is far more difficult to protect oneself from the disguised paternalistic racism hidden under the phony cloak of "caring" than overt racism which can be confronted head on. The Democrat paternalistic racists actually believe they are doing blacks a favor with their paternal racism, will insist those who refuse to join them are the real "racists" instead and that their insidiously evil and soul destroying message that blacks can't possibly expect to succeed against "superior" whites unless they are given handouts, given exceptions and expectations lowered for them is being "kind". But just how is this really different from the Democrat slave owners who told their slaves they were like children who would always need their white master to take care of them? In reality this is the identical message blacks have been hearing all along -NOTHING has changed when it comes to Democrats. Emancipation be damned.

A gaffe? No. Sadly its the truth and a black man calling it the way he sees it. It is not something that just started recently but has been ongoing during slavery and in spite of Emancipation. Emancipation just removed the physical chains -but slavery requires enslaving the mind as well for total control of one's slaves. That part persists long after the physical chains are gone and requires generations to rid the last of the filth from the mindset of former slaves -no matter who those slaves are. But in this country with the party of former slave owners back at it with the IDENTICAL and very same soul destroying paternalistic racist message, Democrats have only insured it will prolong the day the mental chains are finally broken as well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back