California Goes Into Electricity Rationing Mode Again

• Shut down nuclear plants? Check.
  • Push solar and wind infrastructure that can’t sustain diddly squat in order to appear hip and cool? Check.
  • Disincentivize the repair of aging power lines that tends to fail or spark and cause hundreds of wildfires by pushing companies to invest in green energy instead of maintaining current infrastructure? Check.
The California energy problem is man-made. It has nothing to do with climate change.

Good thing California closed all of its nuke plants.
Don’t plug those EV’s in, you ain’t goin to work tomorrow! All those with no pay tomorrow. The Left hate the poor.

My 2 oldest boys both live in Southern California. It's getting to be a mess out that way.
I don't really have any strong opinions about this yet. But my boys talk about this kind of stuff
all the time.

They say you can go to jail in California if you don't help conserve energy now.

Don’t plug those EV’s in, you ain’t goin to work tomorrow! All those with no pay tomorrow. The Left hate the poor.

Liberals, not the left.

Liberals have power, the left does not.

Know who your adversaries are.

Confusing liberals with the left is like thinking the Nazis were Jewish.

JFK was a liberal.
Possibly, but he was mainly a huge fuck up.
Stalin was a Leftist.
Totally irrelevant; Stalin was a totalitarian psychopath & fascist.

The Democrats aren't remotely leftist in 2022.

They're deranged criminal capitalists and fascist conservatives who pretend (when convenient) to support some leftist values.

By referring to liberals as the left, you HELP the very people you claim to despise, and hurt a group you could align with to oppose your actual adversaries.

Why do that?

1. Dems love mandates.
2. Dems love to address the demand side, as opposed to the supply side. That is, when a problem arises, they make people adjust the behavior they have had for years, as opposed to addressing the root of the problem and ensuring ample supply.

1+2= I predict that certain Dem localities, the State of California included, will mandate the installation of smart meters.

They will "sell" these smart meters as a device to manage the grid and keep everyone's costs down. They will have the opposite effect, as it will allow the electricity supply to be even closer to demand. Worse yet, in times of crisis like a predictable week-long heat wave, they will use these device to ration people's power.

It's coming, for sure. Voluntary participation in such smart meter programs is already widely available. Dems will mandate them soon.

PS: They haven't closed all the nukes yet. Diablo Canyon is still running. They just passed a possible 5-year extension to it shut down, because they know a self-made crisis is coming.

Yeah, for years now Newsom and the democrats have been more concerned with social engineering and population control than building infrastructure. They are the highest tax state in the US and they can't keep up. The majority of the voters in that state are morons and the ones that are not are held hostage.

I thought they only shut down 4 out of 5 involved in power and had decided to hold off on shutting down Diablo instead of turning the light off. With only one left, I guess they can't keep the lights on anyway. I guess they miss that 3,459 Megawatts of lost power production generation capacity about now.

Forum List

Back