California: No More Jay-Walking Tickets But

Independent thinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
we may arrest you for stopping to look at flowers. This is what makes liberal California so funny. They do this kind of stuff all the time.

"A small California city that was overrun by visitors four years ago when heavy winter rains produced a “super bloom” of wild poppies has a message for the public after this year's deluge: Do not come. You could be arrested."

we may arrest you for stopping to look at flowers. This is what makes liberal California so funny. They do this kind of stuff all the time.

"A small California city that was overrun by visitors four years ago when heavy winter rains produced a “super bloom” of wild poppies has a message for the public after this year's deluge: Do not come. You could be arrested."

So Californica no longer wants tourism dollars.

Way to suicide.

So, do you think the city is wrong for not wanting people to park on roads blocking traffic and emergency vehicles?

Also, can you show where this city said it was not going to ticket for jay walking?

Thanks

Being set upon every year by NOtVA/MD "leaf lookers" headed into the Shenandoah National Park I can sorta understand. ;)

Are they allowing picking? California Poppy is said to have a much weaker version of the effective alkaloid in opium poppies. Take a look on the shelf at the health food store and you will see remedies made from California Poppy.

I knew an old guy who used to swear by California Poppy tincture and picked wads and wads of them by the roadside and in the mountains of Western Washington, where they grow profusely, and made his own pain relief medicine. Never tried it myself so I can't vouch for it. It's in some of the herbal reference books.

iu

Last edited:
So, do you think the city is wrong for not wanting people to park on roads blocking traffic and emergency vehicles?

Also, can you show where this city said it was not going to ticket for jay walking?

Thanks
Can you show me where I said this particular city was not ticketing jay-walkers? The thread title doesn't mention any particular city and the post content never claims that this particular city wasn't ticketing jay walkers. I was just pointing out California's overall ridiculousness.

Can you show me where I said this particular city was not ticketing jay-walkers? The thread title doesn't mention any particular city and the post content never claims that this particular city wasn't ticketing jay walkers. I was just pointing out California's overall ridiculousness.

It is pretty common for an individual city to have different rules than the rest of the state.

I live in Illinois and our village has laws and rules that are very different than those in Chicago.

It is pretty common for an individual city to have different rules than the rest of the state.

I live in Illinois and our village has laws and rules that are very different than those in Chicago.
So you're saying the town you live in still has cash bail?

Thank God. I'm glad you don't live in Chicago, one of the biggest shitholes in the country. And who is Chicago run by? Democrats.

That's funny, I always pictured you as one of the Village People.

Village-People.jpg

Which one are you?

Last edited:

Every jurisdiction has weird and even ridiculous by-laws. It doesn't mean they will be enforced or taken seriously.

I've never been to California but I have to say they are some of the friendliest people on earth I have chatted with, I hope they succeed, for all of our sakes.

Forum List

Back