🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

California plans forced internment and asset seizure to solve homeless crisis

Just for funzies..................

A man is single, has 3 kids, works at a 40 hour job per week at 15 bucks per hour. That's 2400 per month he pulls in.
Lets say he has a wife, 3 kids, wife works same hours, same pay. Double their paycheck to 4800 per month...not counting deductions.
They need a 3 or 4 bedroom house. Can even make due with a 2 bedroom if needed. Rents where they both work is 2000 per month, no including utilities. They MUST make 3 times amount of the rent..which would be 6000 per month. NOT counting UTILITIES like water, gas, electric. Forget cable and internet. The basics. Which amount to an extra 3/400 per month on top of the rent.

One of them gets sick. One of the kids..one of the parents. They can't pay. And they damn sure can't find another house PLUS deposit PLUS first months rent PLUS last months rent PLUS utilities PLUS moving expenses.

They wind up on the street.

PLENTY of affordable housing in many places across America.
If you chose to stay where you can't afford it, that's on you and you alone.

migration costs money too and some people have physical health problems or are in wheelchairs

Health problems and wheelchairs do not stop people from moving....if they want too.
Obviously, your "homeless situation" is not bad enough to motivate you to relocate.

or because the socially constructed narratives in society have failed to incorporate other values not attached to some monetary significance. shame on people for being homeless, really?

You and Gracie seem to want to totally ignore the drug crisis, opioid situation and mental illness that is affecting millions of Americans

What it sounds like is adherence to a Leftist agenda, covering for the failures of Liberal policies.

Who says you HAVE to live in California? Someone got a gun to your head forcing you to stay there?
If you can't afford housing there then there are what, 49 other states you could move to?

Just leave the fucked up policies that got you there behind, because voting for the exact same stupid policies where you land will only create the exact same problems there.

OTH, if you both have demons in your closets....drug addiction, alcohol abuse, then please...don't blame everyone else for the consequences of your own actions.
This post shows your ignorance and I will not further waste my time on you.

But before I leave this thread and the idiocy you exhibit.....how the FUCK can anyone leave when they have no fucking money, or a car? Nothing like being homeless in a state/town you know NOTHING about and having diddly squat.

Meh. This is why I don't talk about this shit. Falls on deaf ears because nobody can truly understand it unless they experience it.

*Poof*

Add to that factor that immigrant/illegal Maria Luisa Consuelo Gonzales and her 4 kids with 3 different fathers that are no in their lives, is now released from detention and needs a place to live with her brood. She gets bumped to the top of the wait list, is given food stamps, a voucher for utilities, and is sitting pretty in an apartment that someone else has been waiting for the past 5 years. How do I know this? Its happened to me. TWICE.

Who the hell are you voting for ?

migration costs money too and some people have physical health problems or are in wheelchairs

Health problems and wheelchairs do not stop people from moving....if they want too.
Obviously, your "homeless situation" is not bad enough to motivate you to relocate.

you are so full of shit I omg trust fund baby can't relate whaaaaaa

I worked my ass off all my life starting when I was only 10 working at A&P grocery store.
I EARNED what I have through bustin my ass for decades.

Last edited:
This post shows your ignorance and I will not further waste my time on you.

But before I leave this thread and the idiocy you exhibit.....how the FUCK can anyone leave when they have no fucking money, or a car? Nothing like being homeless in a state/town you know NOTHING about and having diddly squat.

Meh. This is why I don't talk about this shit. Falls on deaf ears because nobody can truly understand it unless they experience it.

*Poof*

You don't know JACK. I HAVE lived out of my vehicle at one point long ago. But I worked hard and made good decisions.

Typical Liberal. Vote for fucked up Liberal policies that make life impossible....then blame EVERYONE but yourself. :rolleyes:
Loser-ness came before homelessness in your case.

How much you paying for that iPhone every month?

you are so full of shit I omg trust fund baby can't relate whaaaaaa

Fuck you moron.
I worked my ass off all my life starting when I was only 10 working at A&P grocery store.
I EARNED what I have through bustin my ass for decades.

I'm not homeless. You are. Angry that I made better decisions than you?
You're "Right where you need to be" is correct apparently.

btw...you're homeless....but ya got Internet ;)

I never said I was homeless I said my dad was. btw we have our own veterans who are also homeless and they shouldn't be.

There are some really good homeless people. I know some. And I respect them and their situation.

But MANY people are homeless because of bad personal decisions in their lives.

That's the point.

Like voting for Liberal Democrat policies all their lives.

I never said I was homeless I said my dad was. btw we have our own veterans who are also homeless and they shouldn't be.

If you're not homeless....why is your dad?
I would not allow either of my parents to be on the streets.

You say you're not homeless...but you call yourself "Drifter"....hmmm

If you're not homeless....why is your dad?
I would not allow either of my parents to be on the streets.

You say you're not homeless...but you call yourself "Drifter"....hmmm

drifting is also a car thing, but my dad is dead. I was a kid when he was homeless.

Gracie was not able to discuss like a reasonable person. That spoke volumes.
[
drifting is also a car thing, but my dad is dead. I was a kid when he was homeless.

oh. ok. Glad to hear you're not homeless. Congrats.

Sometimes the devil is in the details.
Wait....you're into "Automotive Drifting" ?

Back to finish my thoughts. Then I'm outta this thread because....most folks with few braincells are like BasicUNhumanUnit that not only has less than satisfactory reading skills, he is also prime example of what the homeless faces every.dam.day in their lives as they struggle to survive.

According to him:
If you are homeless, you are not allowed a cell phone. Even a free one called ObamaPhone. Cuz..well..your homeless.
If you are homeless, you cannot have decent shoes. Homeless folks should be barefoot. And scroungy looking.
If you are homeless, you must be an addict or crazy.
If you are homeless, it's because obviously you voted democrat and are a liberal.
If you are homeless, it's because you didn't work as hard as he did and you weren't as healthy as he is.
If you are homeless, you are lazy because you won't walk in your bare feet to another state.
If you have a suspicious user name, you must BE what that name is. (Hence him attacking Drifter for choosing the user name Drifter). :cuckoo:

Ok. I'm done now. This guy is a PERFECT example of what most clueless people think about those who found themselves in a very bad situation and cannot find a way out. And more are joining in the homeless group as I type. But this guy...well...this guy is everywhere, with many faces.

Try not to be this guy.

Thanks.

See y'all around the threads. This one stinks.:cul2:

Gracie was not able to discuss like a reasonable person. That spoke volumes.
[

oh. ok. Glad to hear you're not homeless. Congrats.

Sometimes the devil is in the details.
Wait....you're into "Automotive Drifting" ?

no drifting is also done in hypnosis, and lots of other things, but for me it is music.

I have said over and over and over again that nothing is going to fix the homeless situation unless rents are controlled. Home owners who own rentals have no limit. They keep jacking up the prices regardless of what the market says. Shipping containers, tents, hovels...whatever. If the owner of the land and those "dwellings" continue to jack up the prices, even those places will be unafforable.

Start with the ASSININE "rule" that most management companies insist on..."You must make THREE TIMES THE AMOUNT OF ASKING RENT TO QUALIFY". WTF??? 3 times? So to rent a studio/hovel for $1000 per month, the renter MUST make $3000 per month???? Really? HELL NO!

Start there. Rent control. No more unlimitless rent hikes because some asswipe that owns the property is so damn greedy, he/she wants as much as he/she can get and to hell with decent renters that will make the property a home and upgrade its value doing so. Like I did. I fixed that house up from a 2 bedroom to a 4 bedroom ON MY DIME. Why? Because he said "I will never ask you to move. Ever. You have my word on it". And 12 years later....he said "I gotta evict you. I want my house back". Yeah. I know. It was valued at $269k when I moved in....$495K when I moved out and it wasn't from inflation. It was from IMPROVEMENTS.

Anyway....people are on the street for ONE REASON. Nobody can afford the rent asked. Period. End of story.

What I would do is cheat on that three times nonsense. I would have a friend fake the records for me and just let them think I was...

How the hell are they going to prove I am lying?

That is one way around their silly nonsense...

Homeless population has been growing for decades because of cost of living.

The State can raise it minimum wage and it still would not fix the issue.

To build new and cheaper Housing will take time and one issue you will have is water supply.

California disaster has been decades in the making...

My dad was homeless a few times in the 80's and 90's. I have memories of sleeping in the car with him and a cop knocking on the window saying we have to move the car at like 3am. It's weird to be in that situation.

People believe the homeless crisis in California just started this last decade but it has been California dirty little secret for decades now...

I was paying almost a thousand dollars a month in Newark back in the mid-1990's for a one bedroom home...

Sure, I was knocking down two hundred a day and could afford it but still almost ine thousand dollars for a one bedroom home...

Crazy shit even then!

Homeless population has been growing for decades because of cost of living.

The State can raise it minimum wage and it still would not fix the issue.

To build new and cheaper Housing will take time and one issue you will have is water supply.

California disaster has been decades in the making...

My dad was homeless a few times in the 80's and 90's. I have memories of sleeping in the car with him and a cop knocking on the window saying we have to move the car at like 3am. It's weird to be in that situation.

People believe the homeless crisis in California just started this last decade but it has been California dirty little secret for decades now...

I was paying almost a thousand dollars a month in Newark back in the mid-1990's for a one bedroom home...

Sure, I was knocking down two hundred a day and could afford it but still almost ine thousand dollars for a one bedroom home...

Crazy shit even then!

"
At that conference, a founder of the Housing First philosophy, Sam Tsemberis, told him that chronically homeless people cost the government a lot of money when they're living on the street, because of services like emergency room visits and jail time.

HUD estimates that annual cost as between $30,000 and $50,000 per person.

Housing them simply costs a lot less."

Utah Reduced Chronic Homelessness By 91 Percent; Here's How

and now the crisis is back Once a national model, Utah struggles with homelessness

"
The increase has been particularly noticeable in Utah, which had reduced chronic homelessness by 91 percent over the decade up to 2015, according to the state’s annual homelessness report.

Experts attributed the drop to a “Housing First” policy, adopted by the state in 2005, which focused on getting people into housing, regardless of mental illness or substance abuse problems that could be treated after accommodation was secured.

“The only thing I’ve ever seen that really worked in terms of reducing the number of people on the street was the Housing First policy,” said Glenn Bailey, who directs Crossroads Urban Center, a Salt Lake City food pantry.

“The mistake we made was stopping.”
The increase has been particularly noticeable in Utah, which had reduced chronic homelessness by 91 percent over the decade up to 2015, according to the state’s annual homelessness report."

It's an epidemic.

Gov't steps in and Fleeces the taxpayer..........Imagine that.
L.A.’s New Project Housing Homeless In Shipping Containers Costs $600k Per Home
Why call them shipping containers? They are prefab homes. They are supposed to be furnished. Better have the furniture built in or bolted down.

Sorry if it bothers some people to treat the homeless but it has to be.
That was about the cost of a dang shipping container and renovation of the same.

The price of 600k is obsurd...........That was the point...........I'm sure the politicians who dreamed that shit up padded their bank account very well.

Forum List

Back