California: Progressive Paradise

the power to provide for the general welfare is general, not major, specific, or common under our common law.
The “power” to “provide for the general welfare” is explicitly limited to the confines of the 18 enumerated powers. If it wasn’t, the federal government could easily decide that it is in the best interest of the “general welfare” to execute all progressives, jackhole. :eusa_doh:
where does it say that, in our federal Constitution?
According to you? In the unlimited power to do whatever they would decide is in the best interest of “promoting” the “general welfare”.

the power to provide for the general welfare is general, not major, specific, or common under our common law.
The “power” to “provide for the general welfare” is explicitly limited to the confines of the 18 enumerated powers. If it wasn’t, the federal government could easily decide that it is in the best interest of the “general welfare” to execute all progressives, jackhole. :eusa_doh:
According to you? In the unlimited power to do whatever they would decide is in the best interest of “promoting” the “general welfare”.
sure; i can argue that point, for simplicity. the power to Provide for the general welfare is General. That means, it must cover every contingency. Comprehensive.

sure; i can argue that point, for simplicity. the power to Provide for the general welfare is General. That means, it must cover every contingency. Comprehensive.

You don't think that could go wrong in any way? A growing central government whose whole purpose is to grow and become more powerful. That sounds scary as hell. We are already to the point where the government ignores and holds the voter in contempt. I think it is pretty clear unlimited power is a very bad idea.

Sounds like you'd be better off in day care.

You don't think that could go wrong in any way? A growing central government whose whole purpose is to grow and become more powerful. That sounds scary as hell. We are already to the point where the government ignores and holds the voter in contempt. I think it is pretty clear unlimited power is a very bad idea.
Simplification of Government, must be the answer.

providing for the general welfare is more comprehensive than providing for the common defense; the rest is politics.

providing for the general welfare is more comprehensive than providing for the common defense; the rest is politics.

And just imagine how well they'll provide for you in day care.

Well, technically you can’t since you’ve never read the U.S. Constitution and you’re completely confused by what has been posted for you on USMB.

But that aside, your desperate wish literally means that the federal government could execute all progressives if they deem it would “promote the general welfare” (which it would). So on record right now - please acknowledge for everyone that you do believe that the U.S. Constitution empowers the federal government to execute all progressives if they so deem it “promotes the general welfare”.

And just imagine how well they'll provide for you in day care.
or night care; general is comprehensive, not common.

Well, technically you can’t since you’ve never read the U.S. Constitution and you’re completely confused by what has been posted for you on USMB.

But that aside, your desperate wish literally means that the federal government could execute all progressives if they deem it would “promote the general welfare” (which it would). So on record right now - please acknowledge for everyone that you do believe that the U.S. Constitution empowers the federal government to execute all progressives if they so deem it “promotes the general welfare”.
Both terms are in our federal Constitution regarding the general welfare, but not the common defense.

Oops, why I am not shocked?

California DMV may have registered noncitizens to vote

SACRAMENTO — The state Department of Motor Vehicles admitted Monday that it may have incorrectly registered 1,500 people to vote, including some who were not citizens of the United States.

It was the latest embarrassment for the DMV, which said last month that it had included errors in voter registration data for 23,000 people. Gov. Jerry Brown ordered an audit of the agency after that disclosure, which came on top of weeks of criticism over hours-long waits at DMV offices for people trying to obtain or renew driver’s licenses.

Watch the number rise from now on...

SACRAMENTO — The state Department of Motor Vehicles admitted Monday that it may have incorrectly registered 1,500 people to vote, including some who were not citizens of the United States.

It was the latest embarrassment for the DMV, which said last month that it had included errors in voter registration data for 23,000 people. Gov. Jerry Brown ordered an audit of the agency after that disclosure, which came on top of weeks of criticism over hours-long waits at DMV offices for people trying to obtain or renew driver’s licenses.

all foreign nationals in the US should have a federal id.

Nope.

They have their passports with their visa posted inside.

Nope.

Whence any illegal problems? Only lousy capitalists lose money on border policy.

Nope.

Whence any illegal problems? Only lousy capitalists lose money on border policy.

And there it is.

You keep repeating the same thing regardless of the topic.

Nope.

And there it is.

yes, and you keep having nothing but fallacy. spending matters, right wingers. so does revenue generation.

Nope.

And there it is.

yes, and you keep having nothing but fallacy. spending matters, right wingers. so does revenue generation.

Point to what is incorrect in my referral to passports, and what that has to do with spending?

Forum List

Back