California regulators say Uber, Lyft drivers are employees.

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
California has totally destroyed the gig economy in their state. You can’t be a self contractor for anything now. I’m so old I remember when people trying to feed their families was a good thing.

You most certainly can start up your own driving business any time you want . This does not stop that.

What a pathetic dodge.

People liked working for Uber as a contractor, they set their hours, Uber handled all the tech stuff.

So a single driver can create a app that replicates uber? Is that what you are saying?

Not to mention all the freelance journalists that lost their gigs because of this law.

You most certainly can start up your own driving business any time you want . This does not stop that.

What a pathetic dodge.

People liked working for Uber as a contractor, they set their hours, Uber handled all the tech stuff.

So a single driver can create a app that replicates uber? Is that what you are saying?

Not to mention all the freelance journalists that lost their gigs because of this law.

I addressed the idea that you can no longer work for yourself. You can. It's what happens when you interject hyperbole into what might otherwise be a good argument.

What a pathetic dodge.

I addressed the idea that you can no longer work for yourself. You can. It's what happens when you interject hyperbole into what might otherwise be a good argument.
Only the rich can start a business in California now.
Regulatory and tax gauntlet to keep people from independence.

What a pathetic dodge.

You can, but not the same way as you did as an Uber driver. you also have to do mountains of paperwork to become a company, and pay all the required fees, and track all the required accounting info. Plus you don't have the uber app to get you hails.

So your pathetic attempt to say the same thing is still availible is just that, pathetic.

What a pathetic dodge.

You can, but not the same way as you did as an Uber driver. you also have to do mountains of paperwork to become a company, and pay all the required fees, and track all the required accounting info. Plus you don't have the uber app to get you hails.

So your pathetic attempt to say the same thing is still availible is just that, pathetic.

I said that despite the claim otherwise you can still go to work for yourself. This ruling doesn't even change anything for those working, it only does for those who they work for.

In the end you agreed with me but still feel a pressing need to argue.

What a pathetic dodge.

I said that despite the claim otherwise you can still go to work for yourself. This ruling doesn't even change anything for those working, it only does for those who they work for.

Work for yourself doing what? Still not getting called for gigs as a writer? Sitting in your car with a phone number and a card hoping for hails?

You aren't comparing the same thing. People LIKED the gig economy, they liked the flexibility, now you either have to work for the company, or not be able to work the way you want to.

What a pathetic dodge.

Work for yourself doing what? Still not getting called for gigs as a writer? Sitting in your car with a phone number and a card hoping for hails?

You aren't comparing the same thing. People LIKED the gig economy, they liked the flexibility, now you either have to work for the company, or not be able to work the way you want to.

Laws no matter how intrusive are meant to be followed right?

Just abide by the law here and all is good.

What a pathetic dodge.

Really?

This law is stupid, the people supposedly "protected" by it mostly hate it, and the best you can respond with is "just follow orders"

What a pathetic twat you are.

What a pathetic dodge.

Really?

This law is stupid, the people supposedly "protected" by it mostly hate it, and the best you can respond with is "just follow orders"

It's what I've learned from past discussions. The law is the law. Just follow it and all will be good.

This is bad news for the young Urban pioneers who have moved into the hood.

They love their Ubers because it provides discounted transportationary services allowing them to get from where they are to where they need to be. This is going to screw them up, they can't afford limos.

What a pathetic dodge.

Really?

It's what I've learned from past discussions. The law is the law. Just follow it and all will be good.

Stop trying to be slick, it isn't working for you.

What a pathetic dodge.

Really?

Stop trying to be slick, it isn't working for you.

I have no belief that you and others hold some to a different standard than you do others.

It's still interesting to point it out.

Forum List

Back