California suffering through SEVERE climate change

A basic premise of AGW theory is that increased atmospheric CO2 will retain more heat, which in turn will evaporate more H2O into the atmosphere, which will then itself retain even more heat, and on & on. Therefore, the theory requires more moisture, not less in AGW scenarios. Droughts are contrary to the theory as a general result. The people in Europe who have been suffering widespread floods should be the ones crowing about green house gas effects they attribute to the unproven theory.

Are they taking into account the fact that California turned the water off that fed a bunch of farms
and sent those families that used to feed the nation to food banks to survive.

All because of a little fish.

California Facing Worst Drought on Record | NOAA Climate.gov
The most populated state in the country is facing what may be its worst drought in a century of record-keeping. On January 20, the governor of California declared a state of emergency, urging everyone to begin conserving water. Water levels in all but a few reservoirs in the state are less than 50% of capacity, mountains are nearly bare of snow except at the highest elevations, and the fire risk is extreme. In Nevada, the situation is much the same.

Wonder why that could be :eusa_think:

It's b/c they (liberals) chose human suffering to save a minnow.

but hey, global warming.

warmist icebreaker gets stuck in the ice twice...

climate change is no joke people!

Severe California Drought Draining Finances
Now that California’s Water Board is turning off the tap to certain distributors, and reservoirs are running dry, the cost of water is slated to rise and the impact on the state’s harvest could be devastating to many farmers.
Severe California Drought Draining Finances - Video on NBCNews.com

Yeah it is...and so are you.
Every time one of you alarmist predictions dont come true,you just change the definition.
Why would anyone take you seriously?

It is not climate change if a region normally subjected to periodic droughts has a drought.

The most populated state in the country is facing what may be its worst drought in a century of record-keeping. On January 20, the governor of California declared a state of emergency, urging everyone to begin conserving water. Water levels in all but a few reservoirs in the state are less than 50% of capacity, mountains are nearly bare of snow except at the highest elevations, and the fire risk is extreme. In Nevada, the situation is much the same.

:eusa_think:

Wild Guess:

California and Nevada are essentially deserts with too many people living in them.

We had a terrible drought a few years ago. It was so bad, there was some talk of building desalinization plants along the ocean. Then it rained and the plan was scrapped, as if we would never again have another drought.

The climate is the same. It is just fine as it is. We have too many people living in California so droughts have a much more severe effect than it did say in the 50s or even 60s.

I think about desalinization plants out there everytime I hear you're having droughts. It's pretty selfish on my part, I don't want the rest of the country coming for water from the Great Lakes.

We had a terrible drought a few years ago. It was so bad, there was some talk of building desalinization plants along the ocean. Then it rained and the plan was scrapped, as if we would never again have another drought.

The climate is the same. It is just fine as it is. We have too many people living in California so droughts have a much more severe effect than it did say in the 50s or even 60s.

I think about desalinization plants out there everytime I hear you're having droughts. It's pretty selfish on my part, I don't want the rest of the country coming for water from the Great Lakes.

I don't think you're being selfish at all. They should move forward with building desalination plants. It's the sensible thing to do. I get worried about us here in Las Vegas with how Lake Meade keeps getting lower and lower every year.

Been raining here for the past week. We need more. But...the sun is out again, this week it will go back to being in the high 60's and high 70's. However, Feb is our wettest month and I want more of it. MORE. We need it. Badly.

i have been here since the 60's.....California has had quite a few droughts.....its like Sam Kinison yelled......"You live in a fucking Desert!!".....you live out here droughts and hot weather are a part of life....

Everyone knows why.. It's because Jerry Brown didn't get the memo about sacrificing a virgin tranny on top of Mt. Tamalpais every 1st Tuesday of the month. He has now delegated that task to a bipartisian panel who will supply sufficient virgin trannies to resolve the disaster..

At least -- that's the view of the Warmer Church of Panicked Villagers.

For the rest of us --- this drought was caused by a natural weather event where a blocking and persistent High Pressure dome sat it's ass over the SouthWest and beat the crap out of any approaching precipt.

Solve your problem BullWinkle?? Do you need the cartoon version? Which way do High Pressure system rotate? Do you understand ANYTHING about how your world works?

Forum List

Back