California to become first state to eliminate bail for suspects awaiting trail under bill signed by

California to become first state to eliminate bail for suspects awaiting trial under bill signed by governor

California to become first state to eliminate bail for suspects awaiting trial under bill signed by governor.

This is not good for a few reasons, once Ca. does something the rest of the country follow suites on the many things Cali. does.

The other thing is tihis is pure BS and taking away from the Constitutional rights.
California has gone from circling the drain to turbo flush.
Maybe you should try to understand the issue before spouting off about it

California Becomes First US State to Eliminate Bail for Suspects Awaiting Trial

Money bail has promoted a system of separate and unequal justice. SB 10 puts all Californians on equal footing before the law and makes public safety the only consideration in pre-trial detention. This critical reform is long overdue," Senate President pro Tempore Toni Atkins said in the release.

By the way, New Jersey already has this system in place

So more leftwing idiocy....thanks for pointing it out.

There are an astounding number of dumb fucks on this thread who do not have a clue about the actual issue but are all to will to blather and bleat about it because their limited intellect cause them to automatically decide that anything that Democrats do is bad, and if it is Democrats in Ca. the fucking sky is falling. You might want to take a look at my previous post just above (#9) and see if you can muster an intelligent explanation as to why it is "idiocy"
Actual issue? Like rapists and murderers getting out free with no reason to not flee?

California to become first state to eliminate bail for suspects awaiting trial under bill signed by governor

California to become first state to eliminate bail for suspects awaiting trial under bill signed by governor.

This is not good for a few reasons, once Ca. does something the rest of the country follow suites on the many things Cali. does.

The other thing is tihis is pure BS and taking away from the Constitutional rights.
First of all, where is the whole story? The link only goes to the headline

Secondly, CA is not the first state. At least one other , New Jersey has done this , and has done it successfully.

The stupidity here is astounding. Do any of you actually understand the issue, which is, that people should not be held in jail, or released based on their ability to afford bail because that discriminates against poor people

In New Jersey, people are held or released based on their flight risk and risk to public safety . What the fuck is wrong with that?

I'm willing to bet that there is a similar system being proposed in CA but you dumb fucks are not even interested in knowing what it is. You just want to go off on an hysterical rant about how killers are being let go before trial. How fucking stupid, and irresponsible!!

You guys are railing against this, not because you gave it any critical thought, but because you hate liberal California, and anything that California does is wrong.

Read it
There is nothing to read!! You have been told that before. It is just a headline. I looked it up and posted a full article but neither you or any of the other dip shits have had anything remotely intelligent to say about it

PS smart ass, I posted the same thing you saw that's exactly why you said/ asked " WHER EIS MORE INFO ON THIS " just like you said there was NONE at the time I POSTED .....

SO HERE MORE HAS COME OUT HERE'S ANOTHER ONE TO FILL YOUR HEAD WITH ......

upload_2018-9-1_11-28-40.png

‘It’s over, it’s a wrap, we’re done.’ Sacramento’s storied bail bondsmen say new law is ‘stupid’

Never tel me my shit ain't real because I can gurantee you the bs you think are lies ARE ANYTHING BUT THAT. :abgg2q.jpg:

Money bail has promoted a system of separate and unequal justice. SB 10 puts all Californians on equal footing before the law and makes public safety the only consideration in pre-trial detention. This critical reform is long overdue," Senate President pro Tempore Toni Atkins said in the release.

There are an astounding number of dumb fucks on this thread who do not have a clue about the actual issue but are all to will to blather and bleat about it because their limited intellect cause them to automatically decide that anything that Democrats do is bad, and if it is Democrats in Ca. the fucking sky is falling. You might want to take a look at my previous post just above (#9) and see if you can muster an intelligent explanation as to why it is "idiocy"
Actual issue? Like rapists and murderers getting out free with no reason to not flee?

Isn't it amazing how most of these lazy fks who know NOTHING can't research anything themselves and when they do they find what appeases their fantasy worlds.

then we have HOward Stern's .......proof

Secondly, CA is not the first state. At least one other , New Jersey has done this , and has done it successfully.

The stupidity here is astounding. Do any of you actually understand the issue, which is, that people should not be held in jail, or released based on their ability to afford bail because that discriminates against poor people

In New Jersey, people are held or released based on their flight risk and risk to public safety . What the fuck is wrong with that?

I'm willing to bet that there is a similar system being proposed in CA but you dumb fucks are not even interested in knowing what it is. You just want to go off on an hysterical rant about how killers are being let go before trial. How fucking stupid, and irresponsible!!

You guys are railing against this, not because you gave it any critical thought, but because you hate liberal California, and anything that California does is wrong.

Read it
There is nothing to read!! You have been told that before. It is just a headline. I looked it up and posted a full article but neither you or any of the other dip shits have had anything remotely intelligent to say about it

Ok I went and tried to dig up more on this and here is what I came up with.......... also in this article it does seem to being saying that there will be NO NEED for bail so it's like taking it away etc, etc.

LOS ANGELES – Sitting in his storefront office across the street from the Los Angeles County Men’s Central Jail and Twin Towers Correctional Facility, Clay Potter isn’t sure how many of the dozen or so businesses he shares a cramped, sun-bleached strip mall with will still be open in a year’s time.

The strip mall – like the majority of businesses along this stretch of Vignes St. in downtown Los Angeles – is filled with the offices of cut-rate criminal defense attorneys, greasy taquerias and bail bondsmen like him. But after Gov. Jerry Brown signed a bill earlier this week making California the first state to eliminate bail for suspects awaiting trial, Potter – whose father founded Bert Potter Bail Bonds 54 years ago – doesn’t think these small businesses, and the state’s bail bond industry as a whole, will be able to survive.

California's bail bondsmen say new law will 'totally kill' business: 'This is bad'

and looking to the left of the article there is this on eas well

More on this...

Too damned bad about the bail bondsman. It a dirty business. What is more important, their survival or human rights? Their demise will not crash the economy. New Jersey has this system and it works.

They will just take you word to show up in court. Yep that is going to work. The Sheriff is going to be busy bringing them in and then letting them go with no bond. Hey, why arrest them in the first place.

And?

Read it

Ok I went and tried to dig up more on this and here is what I came up with.......... also in this article it does seem to being saying that there will be NO NEED for bail so it's like taking it away etc, etc.

LOS ANGELES – Sitting in his storefront office across the street from the Los Angeles County Men’s Central Jail and Twin Towers Correctional Facility, Clay Potter isn’t sure how many of the dozen or so businesses he shares a cramped, sun-bleached strip mall with will still be open in a year’s time.

The strip mall – like the majority of businesses along this stretch of Vignes St. in downtown Los Angeles – is filled with the offices of cut-rate criminal defense attorneys, greasy taquerias and bail bondsmen like him. But after Gov. Jerry Brown signed a bill earlier this week making California the first state to eliminate bail for suspects awaiting trial, Potter – whose father founded Bert Potter Bail Bonds 54 years ago – doesn’t think these small businesses, and the state’s bail bond industry as a whole, will be able to survive.

California's bail bondsmen say new law will 'totally kill' business: 'This is bad'

More on this...

Too damned bad about the bail bondsman. It a dirty business. What is more important, their survival or human rights? Their demise will not crash the economy. New Jersey has this system and it works.

I wouldn't live in that cess pit of chit " CA" if you paid me. not now.

Read it

More on this...

When you say low crime everyone thinks of New Jersey!

Read it

More on this...

I am sooooo happy to have escaped.

Read it

More on this...

I am sooooo happy to have escaped.

Read it

More on this...

When you say low crime everyone thinks of New Jersey!
Really....What does everyone think about crime in the NJ cities of Elizabeth, Camden, Newark and Patterson? What is your point exactly?

We understand criminal supporter. Commit a crime, get caught, get released. Lather, murder, repeat.
Thank you again for confirming that you don't know shit about what your blathering about

Public Safety Assessment: A risk tool that promotes safety, equity, and justice - Laura and John Arnold Foundation

Our Public Safety Assessment (PSA) is an effort to help protect communities and make the system fairer. It is a research-based, data-driven pretrial risk assessment tool that provides judges with objective information about the likelihood that a defendant will commit a new crime or will fail to return to court. The tool uses nine factors pulled from the administrative record to produce those two risk scores and flag defendants who pose an elevated risk of committing a violent crime. We developed the PSA after conducting extensive research. A team under the direction of two leading researchers in the pretrial field analyzed 750,000 cases from more than 300 jurisdictions to identify the factors that were most predictive of (1) failure to appear, (2) criminal activity, and (3) violence. These factors include a defendant’s age, current charge, and key aspects of a person’s criminal history. The PSA does not take into account race, gender, employment status, level of education, or history of substance use. We have publicly released the complete list of PSA factors and the tool’s algorithm. Anyone is able to see how the risk factors are weighted and how the risk scores are calculated. Judges can consider the PSA report for each defendant when deciding whether a person should be released or detained, but maintain their full judicial discretion in all cases.

Furthermore:

Preliminary data indicate that the PSA has the potential to produce a positive impact. For example, in Lucas County, Ohio, pretrial crime is down and significantly more people are returning to court since the county began using the risk tool. More people who belong in jail are behind bars, while more who don’t are released on their own recognizance. This means the system is fairer and the community is safer.

We understand criminal supporter. Commit a crime, get caught, get released. Lather, murder, repeat.
Thank you again for confirming that you don't know shit about what your blathering about

Public Safety Assessment: A risk tool that promotes safety, equity, and justice - Laura and John Arnold Foundation

Our Public Safety Assessment (PSA) is an effort to help protect communities and make the system fairer. It is a research-based, data-driven pretrial risk assessment tool that provides judges with objective information about the likelihood that a defendant will commit a new crime or will fail to return to court. The tool uses nine factors pulled from the administrative record to produce those two risk scores and flag defendants who pose an elevated risk of committing a violent crime. We developed the PSA after conducting extensive research. A team under the direction of two leading researchers in the pretrial field analyzed 750,000 cases from more than 300 jurisdictions to identify the factors that were most predictive of (1) failure to appear, (2) criminal activity, and (3) violence. These factors include a defendant’s age, current charge, and key aspects of a person’s criminal history. The PSA does not take into account race, gender, employment status, level of education, or history of substance use. We have publicly released the complete list of PSA factors and the tool’s algorithm. Anyone is able to see how the risk factors are weighted and how the risk scores are calculated. Judges can consider the PSA report for each defendant when deciding whether a person should be released or detained, but maintain their full judicial discretion in all cases.

Furthermore:

Preliminary data indicate that the PSA has the potential to produce a positive impact. For example, in Lucas County, Ohio, pretrial crime is down and significantly more people are returning to court since the county began using the risk tool. More people who belong in jail are behind bars, while more who don’t are released on their own recognizance. This means the system is fairer and the community is safer.
I understand that you want criminals released without bail and that you are on the internet lying and spinning about it to make it normal. Liberals love criminals. You prove it everyday.

And this is how the left drives up the crime rate. Uninformed people will read this and think....this is good, normal, good people who are actually innocent won't have to stay in jail while awaiting a crime they did not commit, because they can't afford bail.....

What it means in the real world? Left wing judges will be letting violent, repeat gun offenders out of jail at an even faster rate than ever before.... cause cops are bad.....

Yep.......the left, destroying everything they touch.

Our justice system favors the rich and powerful and discriminates against the poor. People shouldn't have to sit in jail or ruin their finances in order to secure their freedom before they've even had a trial proving their guilt. I had a friend who years ago got arrested for a crime he didn't commit. Thankfully, his parents were able to lend him the $5,000 he needed to secure bail and get out of jail before his trial, which was three months away, and which never ended up occurring because the DA dropped the charges the day of. However, the $5,000 was gone, regardless, and he had to pay that money back to his parents. That's not the way our justice system should work.

And this is how the left drives up the crime rate. Uninformed people will read this and think....this is good, normal, good people who are actually innocent won't have to stay in jail while awaiting a crime they did not commit, because they can't afford bail.....

What it means in the real world? Left wing judges will be letting violent, repeat gun offenders out of jail at an even faster rate than ever before.... cause cops are bad.....

And conservatives are proving yet again that their alleged beliefs in freedom and liberty are nothing but bullshit slogans. You wave your flag around and talk about the Constitution while you prop up the police state.

Furthermore:

I understand that you want criminals released without bail and that you are on the internet lying and spinning about it to make it normal. Liberals love criminals. You prove it everyday.
th
upload_2018-9-1_16-27-46.jpeg
upload_2018-9-1_16-28-2.jpeg

And conservatives are proving yet again that their alleged beliefs in freedom and liberty are nothing but bullshit slogans. You wave your flag around and talk about the Constitution while you prop up the police state.

How so? Tell us, you don't think that left wing judges will now use this to let violent gun offenders out of prison even more quickly than they have before?

There is no evidence that you statement is anything more than a boatload of bizarre bovine excrement. Judges do not want to be responsible for putting dangerous people back on the street. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just really fucking stupid, and this whole thing about liberals and their attitude towards criminals is even more stupid.

Forum List

Back