California woman forces Border Patrol agents off a Greyhound bus using the Fourth Amendment

The bus was from Bakersfield, which itself is little less than 80 miles from the coast, and no more than 90 miles from the edge of US territorial waters

Perhaps as the bird flies... maybe.

And who gets to define what a "reasonable distance" is?

Uh, the US government does. Read the laws I cited in the post you quoted.

And there you have. The government does. And the government knows what's best...

We still have a 4th?

How quait.....i'm sure this'll all be a big laugh when the gub'mit installs microchips in our gourds....

~S~

If we do not stand up for our rights and liberties to the thugs from ICE and other government agencies we will lose them forever. Sorry, but it was not so long ago that the concept of government agents demanding to see your "papers" was unthinkable and if mentioned would be laughed at. They did that kind of thing in fascist Nazi Germany, not in America.

I feel sorry for people who do not remember when the idea of uniformed government thugs would trying to check your identity, citizenship or "papers" in America was a ridiculous science fiction storyline.

Good for her. There needs to be a lot more of this in our country, patriots who actually stand up for our Constitutional rights and not cower in front of government thugs in uniforms. It amazes me how many conservatives who talk big about the Constitution think the practice of randomly stopping people and asking to see their papers is the definition of freedom

California woman forces Border Patrol agents off a Greyhound bus | Daily Mail Online

I was almost ready to agree with you until I read that she had to translate her warnings because a lot of people on the bus didn't even understand English.

So what? Do not insult the experience of my mother's parents in coming to America.

The bus was from Bakersfield, which itself is little less than 80 miles from the coast, and no more than 90 miles from the edge of US territorial waters

Perhaps as the bird flies... maybe.

And who gets to define what a "reasonable distance" is?

Uh, the US government does. Read the laws I cited in the post you quoted.

And there you have. The government does. And the government knows what's best...

We have tens of millions of illegal aliens that have been spreading though the nation for decades.

That Hundred miles was from generations ago.

If a group cannot protect itself from invasion, it will die.

That is what is happening to our nation.

I will not consent to an illegal search. Either we act to protect our civil liberties or they will go away. It is NOT a matter of having nothing to hide. It is a matter of taking a stand to protect our Constitution and against the abuse of power
These people were not in their own automobile, nor in their home.

They were in a state that is covered with cities giving sanctuary to illegals.

That this women knew the law and was not afraid to stand up and defend her rights as well as the rights of everyone else on that bus is so astounding
There WERE Spanish speaking people on that bus. That alone is probable cause. The loud mouthed African should have been arrested.

It's sickening how many people think that we should all give up our principles and become like the "good Germans" of 1939.

It's also sickening that the U.S. government has interfered with the internal affairs in Central and South American countries for generations, actively preventing economic reforms, and actively conspired with "religious" groups to curtail family-planning services, even though the population explosion was accurately predicted decades ago. Those who have actively supported these policies in the past have no reason to complain about this current state of affairs and should just be forced to accept the entirely foreseeable consequences of their actions.

If we want to be good conservatives, we have to ask what the role of government should be. The Framers asked that question, they had a Revolution, and they wrote a Constitution. They decided the proper role of government was to protect liberty. That government should be limided for liberty
The Founders would NOT have agreed with you on this.

That this women knew the law and was not afraid to stand up and defend her rights as well as the rights of everyone else on that bus is so astounding
There WERE Spanish speaking people on that bus. That alone is probable cause. The loud mouthed African should have been arrested.

The language one is speaking never, ever furnishes probable cause. And the lady who stepped forward is American, not African. There is at least an even chance that her ancestors arrived here before your's did, unless you are 100 percent Native American. Moreover, so much of the territory that later became part of the U.S. belonged to Mexico initially, making complaints about speaking Spanish somewhat ludicrous.

The language one is speaking never, ever furnishes probable cause. And the lady who stepped forward is American, not African. There is at least an even chance that her ancestors arrived here before your's did, unless you are 100 percent Native American. Moreover, so much of the territory that later became part of the U.S. belonged to Mexico initially, making complaints about speaking Spanish somewhat ludicrous.

You WANT the illegals to have free reign to continue to flood into the nation and remake it, do you not?

Lots of white nationalists around here, I notice.
Good for her. There needs to be a lot more of this in our country, patriots who actually stand up for our Constitutional rights and not cower in front of government thugs in uniforms. It amazes me how many conservatives who talk big about the Constitution think the practice of randomly stopping people and asking to see their papers is the definition of freedom

California woman forces Border Patrol agents off a Greyhound bus | Daily Mail Online

Liberties are lost daily through legislation and the like.
This is a liberty most good Americans would be willing to compromise if we could be assured that it would lead to the eradication of 12-40 million wetbacks. I guarantee it.

That means that 'most good Americans' are content to be next.

You WANT the illegals to have free reign to continue to flood into the nation and remake it, do you not?
Illegal immigrants have not "flooded" into the county for a long time. The term "flooding " is a gross exaggeration meant to instill fear in pussies like you.

Illegal immigrants have not "flooded" into the county for a long time. The term "flooding " is a gross exaggeration meant to instill fear in pussies like you.

So, your supporting argument that "flooding" is an exaggeration, is to call me a name.

Wow. That's brilliant.

You lose. My point stands. As you utterly failed to challenge it, at all.

BTW, my question is just as good for you.

I get the feeling a lot of stormfront white nationalist traffic comes through here.

And it is blatantly apparent that none of them understand what is clearly laid out in the Constitution and Declaration.

The border patrol agents should have just routed it over the Mexican border.
Bakersfield is north of Los Angeles which is itself approximately more than 100 miles north of the Mexican border.

The article said that the boarding of the bus took place within 100 miles of the border because air miles are used, not road miles. The BP was well within their rights to search the bus under the law.

Forum List

Back