California's About to Run Out of Water. We Have to Act Now!

Yo, let another million illegals in Gov. Brown, you will all die!!!

"GTP"
download (1).jpg

California s About to Run Out of Water. We Have to Act Now WIRED
Golf courses aren't the only problem, but they're the most unnecessary problem.
Next most unnecessary problem is the people who insist on having pretty green grass in their yard despite living in a desert.
So do we really not have enough water for common needs.
Front%20image_drinking-water.jpg

Yo, let Pelosi and here elk all die of thirst!!!

"GTP"
View attachment 38350

YO! Dummy!

"ELK" have been extinct in California for quite a while now.

Calif is the tip of a very dry iceberg that has been drying up for many years now.

Easy to call names but its what we're all facing.

Yes, it is easy to call people names. Especially when they're morons like you.....
8262700667_ae45429687_z.jpg

That is a picture of a Tule Elk, a sub species found only in California... Ignorant twit...

Tule Elk - Super Slam

Next most unnecessary problem is the people who insist on having pretty green grass in their yard despite living in a desert.

Yo, let Pelosi and here elk all die of thirst!!!

"GTP"
View attachment 38350

YO! Dummy!

"ELK" have been extinct in California for quite a while now.

Calif is the tip of a very dry iceberg that has been drying up for many years now.

Easy to call names but its what we're all facing.

Yes, it is easy to call people names. Especially when they're morons like you.....
8262700667_ae45429687_z.jpg

That is a picture of a Tule Elk, a sub species found only in California... Ignorant twit...

Tule Elk - Super Slam
Those are some nice looking animals.

Really wonderful bunch of people, these 'Conservatives'. The Sierras snowpack is presently at 12%. The state has already had three years of drought, and all they can do is wish further misery on their fellow Americans. What assholes.
Instead of worrying about a snail darter, they should have built dams and flood the little fucker out of its habitat. The chickens have come home to roost.

God, it's so mind-numbingly stupid to hear people talk about how much Californians deserve this water crisis as if it doesn't affect everyone in the US.
California is the nation’s leading producer of almonds, avocados, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, grapes, lettuce, milk, onions, peppers, spinach, tomatoes, walnuts, and dozens of other commodities, according to a 2012 Department of Agriculture report. The state produces one-third of our vegetables and two-thirds of our nuts and fruits each year.

80% of California's water usage goes to agriculture. So you're welcome assholes in other states, for all the food my beautiful state constantly supplies you ungrateful jerks.

God, it's so mind-numbingly stupid to hear people talk about how much Californians deserve this water crisis as if it doesn't affect everyone in the US.
California is the nation’s leading producer of almonds, avocados, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, grapes, lettuce, milk, onions, peppers, spinach, tomatoes, walnuts, and dozens of other commodities, according to a 2012 Department of Agriculture report. The state produces one-third of our vegetables and two-thirds of our nuts and fruits each year.

80% of California's water usage goes to agriculture. So you're welcome assholes in other states, for all the food my beautiful state constantly supplies you ungrateful jerks.

Yo, smart ass, not food, you mean wine? Don`t drink it fool!!! You can have anything that has to do with Califuckup!!!

"GTP"
download (1).jpg

The information for you to know:
Residential water use in California is ~10%. The rest is mainly commercial and agriculture. That's where money would best be spent.
  • I think that putting solar over aqueducts that channel the water throughout central California would be a better use of tax dollars and help reduce water evaporation.
  • Producing crops that are more inline with California's climate would also help reduce water waste but we got to have those cash crops like rice and almonds...

But teh illegulls, derp.

It would please me no end, after watching the golf courses fall into scraggly disrepair, to see the vinyards in Cali wither and die. Maybe the owners and elitist snobs responsible for their existence will move to France. Or China!

poor allie feels snubbed by evil california 'elitists' ...:itsok:

‘Big Deal’

On its own, California would be the world’s ninth-largest agricultural economy, according to a University of California at Davis study. Shifts in its production reverberate globally, said Dan Sumner, another agricultural economist at the school.

“It’s a really big deal,” Sumner said. “Some crops simply grow better here than anyplace else, and our location gives us access to markets you don’t have elsewhere.”

The success of California agriculture was built in large part on advances in irrigation that allowed the state to expand beyond wheat, which flourishes in dry climates. It’s now the U.S.’s top dairy producer and grows half the country’s fruits, vegetables and nuts.

“Water has allowed us to grow more valuable crops,” Sumner said. “Now, we have fruits and vegetables and North Dakota grows our wheat. Without irrigation, we’d be North Dakota.”

An estimated 82 percent of California is experiencing extreme drought, according to the U.S. Drought Monitor. Agriculture has been hard hit as it consumes about four-fifths of the water that isn’t set aside for environmental preservation. Some farmers are paying as much as 10 times more for water than what it cost before the drought.

California Drought Transforms Global Food Market - Bloomberg Business

We have to act... Who's we?

It's California problem. Let them chose in between golfing, green backyards and small fish.
There is plenty of snow all year long on their mountain ranges. They could raise taxes, and build a pipeline.

I don't have to do anything.

Really wonderful bunch of people, these 'Conservatives'. The Sierras snowpack is presently at 12%. The state has already had three years of drought, and all they can do is wish further misery on their fellow Americans. What assholes.

Forgetting that most misery on fellow Americans is coming from California.

Yet the people voted for Gov. Brown who supports Fracking that uses millions of gallons of water for each well and they support the Environmentalists that would rather have the smelt fish have its water rather then the people.
The far left courts that ruled for that in California are crazy.
In drought-stricken California court rules smelt fish get water Reuters

I'm from so cal. Elks are not extinct. We have drought in the 70s with far less people, farming & houses then and we have problem now. Yes humans play a lot of role in this miserable problem but exclude my favorite sport golf. We need more rain & snow period.

Many parts of the country and world will be facing long term water shortages. Of course, it has nothing to do with global warming because we all know that doesn't exist. The long term solution is in finding a much cheaper method of desalination for both sea water and brackish waters, along with reuse of existing water supplies. We have the answers, but like so many other things, we won't follow through until we absolutely have to. This is why we are being passed over technologically by countries like Germany.

New Desalination Technologies Spur Growth in Recycling Water by Cheryl Katz Yale Environment 360

It would please me no end, after watching the golf courses fall into scraggly disrepair, to see the vinyards in Cali wither and die. Maybe the owners and elitist snobs responsible for their existence will move to France. Or China!

I hope that you are very careful to never consume wine, fruits, vegetables, nuts, or meat that comes from California. I mean, after all, you'd look like kind of a massive dickhead if you were here cheering for the downfall of the Californian agriculture community and then eating and drinking their products, right?

We have to act... Who's we?

It's California problem. Let them chose in between golfing, green backyards and small fish.
There is plenty of snow all year long on their mountain ranges. They could raise taxes, and build a pipeline.

I don't have to do anything.

Way to demonstrate how pathetically uninformed you are. Well done!

I assume that, like koshergrl, you make a conscious and sincere effort not to consume products from California?

I hope that you are very careful to never consume wine, fruits, vegetables, nuts, or meat that comes from California. I mean, after all, you'd look like kind of a massive dickhead if you were here cheering for the downfall of the Californian agriculture community and then eating and drinking their products, right?

Here's the diff between me and most Californians....

I live in a place that can sustain me, and I'm capable of sustaining myself in that place.

Californians have to depend upon the bounty of others.

See the diff? Others are fed up with the leech state of Cali. Fend for yourselves for a change. And if your lifestyle is not sustainable, downsize.

Forum List

Back