Calling all Warmers and Lukewarmers

Whatever gave you such a stupid idea?

I suppose you never claimed that CO2 was the control knob for the earth's climate?

We are working within the framework of the GHE and AGW hypotheses here.

Yep. Works fine there.

I suppose your inability to exlain it within that framework is your evidence that it works?

The people making that claim are the scientists that actually study the climate.

A23A

The problem with your trying to create little falsifications on the basis of non-scientists not being able to explain every climate detail is that you cannot explain the present worldwide increase in temperature. And if someone were to go into a long explanation of Hadley cells, ect., you woud immediatly reply with nonsense, in any case.

But water vapor is the most powerful greenhouse gas. Rain forests should warmer with all that greenhouse gas. We are working within the framework of the GHE and AGW hypotheses here. Remember?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Ever been in the jungles of southeast Asia? The Philippines? Borneo? Papua New Guinea? Congo? The Amazon? Gets pretty frigggn hot in those forests.

Sure it does. But not as hot as deserts along the same latitude.

I have no problem with that statement, so what is your point?

I would be interested in seeing your explanations WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK of GHE and the AGW hypothesis as to why (lattitude and altitude being roughly equal) deserts are hotter than rain forests.

I'd say Mann's Tree Rings

The problem with your trying to create little falsifications on the basis of non-scientists not being able to explain every climate detail is that you cannot explain the present worldwide increase in temperature. And if someone were to go into a long explanation of Hadley cells, ect., you woud immediatly reply with nonsense, in any case.

I thought the deep oceans were getting hotter?

They are. As is the cryosphere.

They are. As is the cryosphere.

So why did you guys have to "Hide the decline" and continue to alter whatever data refuses to acknowledge "Global climate warming change"

OK. All you warmers and luke warmers can go back to business as usual. I won my $20 and thank you for your predictable behavior. The bet among some of the folks at my place of employment was that once posed the question two types of people would emerge...first, those who don't have a clue who would beging calling names, and second, those who believed themselves to be among the smartest people in the room would start to weasel around trying to either invalidate the question in which equatorial rainforests and equitorial deserts were obviously implied or would start asking mucho questions in the attempt to look smart while ignoring that the question obviously was directed towards equitorial regions while looking for some way to answer the question within something that resembled the framework stated in the OP.

The one type of person who would not show up was to be the sort who would explain within the framework of the GHE/AGW hypothesis why deserts are hotter than rain forests.

Now there is a $10 bonus in it for me if one of you goofs would now attempt to argue that the OP didn't obviously imply equitorial rain forests and deserts.

OK. All you warmers and luke warmers can go back to business as usual. I won my $20 and thank you for your predictable behavior. The bet among some of the folks at my place of employment was that once posed the question two types of people would emerge...first, those who don't have a clue who would beging calling names, and second, those who believed themselves to be among the smartest people in the room would start to weasel around trying to either invalidate the question in which equatorial rainforests and equitorial deserts were obviously implied or would start asking mucho questions in the attempt to look smart while ignoring that the question obviously was directed towards equitorial regions while looking for some way to answer the question within something that resembled the framework stated in the OP.

The one type of person who would not show up was to be the sort who would explain within the framework of the GHE/AGW hypothesis why deserts are hotter than rain forests.

Now there is a $10 bonus in it for me if one of you goofs would now attempt to argue that the OP didn't obviously imply equitorial rain forests and deserts.

This is like so many other "bets" pseudoscientists have thrown out there in the past. It's a meaningless publicity stunt, nothing more.

This is like so many other "bets" pseudoscientists have thrown out there in the past. It's a meaningless publicity stunt, nothing more.

I wasn't betting on science. I was betting on human behavior and how predictable it is.

I wasn't betting on science. I was betting on human behavior and how predictable it is.

Joe and Claes have the answer though, right SSDD? pv=nrt? Hahaha

See SSDD -- GH theory has little to do with the temp DIFFERENCES.. Has more to with solar and moisture and vegetation..

Now interestingly enough, if you want to study GHWarming WITHOUT all those effects, you should go and find GW --- in the desert, at night, and without the presence of those factors. Bet it's harder to find there..

In other words, you are a troll. Congratulations.

No, the question is still legitimate and unanswerable within the framework of the AGW/GHE hypothesis.

No, the question is still legitimate and unanswerable within the framework of the AGW/GHE hypothesis.

Actually, the question is irrelevant, since a desert can be hotter or colder than a forest of any given latitude irrespective of GHE and AGW . Neither of those phenomenon are the primary forcings involved in whether or not a given desert is hotter or warmer than a given forest.

Again, the basics. I'll add a third factor as to why hot deserts are hot.

1. Lack of moisture. No heat taken up by evaporation.

2. Lack of cloud cover. The deserts get nearly 100% of the maximum possible sunlight.

3. Low altitude. Elevation matters a great deal. The high desert portions of the Mojave Desert (3000+ ft) will average 20F cooler than the low point at Death Valley.

Why some effin' retard believes that contradicts AGW theory, I can't understand. You'd have to be either liar or moron to say such a stupid thing, so SSDD will have to explain which category he falls in.

Again, the basics. I'll add a third factor as to why hot deserts are hot.

1. Lack of moisture. No heat taken up by evaporation.

2. Lack of cloud cover. The deserts get nearly 100% of the maximum possible sunlight.

3. Low altitude. Elevation matters a great deal. The high desert portions of the Mojave Desert (3000+ ft) will average 20F cooler than the low point at Death Valley.

Why some effin' retard believes that contradicts AGW theory, I can't understand. You'd have to be either liar or moron to say such a stupid thing, so SSDD will have to explain which category he falls in.

AGW "theory" is gay. That's the whole point sweetie.......its not science.

Anyway......nobody cares........ Global surveys show environmental concerns rank low among public concerns

Forum List

Back