🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Camel tramples 2 people to death in Texas

Menerva Lindsen

Dec 18, 2014
A camel trampled two people to death over the weekend at a farm in Texas, authorities said.

Peggye McNair, 72, the owner of the farm and a well-known camel breeder, was one of the victims of the attack Saturday, police told CNN affiliate KFDX.

150111071508-camel-deaths-texas-large-169.jpeg

The owner and another person were killed by a camel Saturday at a farm in Wichita Falls, Texas.
The incident at Camel Kisses Farm in Wichita Fallshappened after Mark Mere, 53, got into a pen with three camels -- one male and two females.
Camel tramples 2 people to death in Texas - CNN.com
Mere apparently went into the holding pen because the animals' water trough had frozen over.

You know, these animals of the Middle East are so cruel of late.
iraqi-isis-terrorist-cannibal-butcherss.jpg

A camel trampled two people to death over the weekend at a farm in Texas, authorities said.

Peggye McNair, 72, the owner of the farm and a well-known camel breeder, was one of the victims of the attack Saturday, police told CNN affiliate KFDX.

150111071508-camel-deaths-texas-large-169.jpeg

The owner and another person were killed by a camel Saturday at a farm in Wichita Falls, Texas.
The incident at Camel Kisses Farm in Wichita Fallshappened after Mark Mere, 53, got into a pen with three camels -- one male and two females.
Camel tramples 2 people to death in Texas - CNN.com
Mere apparently went into the holding pen because the animals' water trough had frozen over.

You know, these animals of the Middle East are so cruel of late.
iraqi-isis-terrorist-cannibal-butcherss.jpg

So we're not the only ones with that problem in my district, eh?

LOL

Sad but wild animals are wild animals - not pets.

The reason for the attack is in the next paragraph:

The male camel was in rut and became very aggressive, Wichita County Sheriff David Duke said. Rut is a male animal's peak period of fertility and sexual excitement.

Though it often seems like it, Texass is not the Middle East.

The male camel was in rut and became very aggressive, Wichita County Sheriff David Duke said. Rut is a male animal's peak period of fertility and sexual excitement.

Camels? wild?

Ehh, ok.

Camels? wild?

Ehh, ok.

Lipush

I don't know why you have such a chip on your shoulder or why you have jumped on me in the past but I've worked with wild animals much of my life.

If you've never been around them, they're very shy and can be quite skittish. They have very strict rules of behavior, as many animals do. They are tame and can be very easy to handle or they can be unpredictable. They are huge animals and really cannot be trusted during rut.

OTOH, maybe you know a lot more about working with exotics than I do.

Last edited:
I don't remember jumping on you, and I live in the desert where camels are common and I don't really think of them as "wild animals" but maybe its just me. Where I live we have a problem of roaming camels, which leads to multiple accidents. In those cases, we hold the owner responsible.

I don't remember jumping on you, and I live in the desert where camels are common and I don't really think of them as "wild animals" but maybe its just me. Where I live we have a problem of roaming camels, which leads to multiple accidents. In those cases, we hold the owner responsible.

Which is the case here, as well.

Almost every scar I have is because I broke the rules or was not paying attention.

The Maryland zoo likes to give kids camel rides, as pictured here. Perhaps only female camels are used in this manner? Zoos must keep a few males around, if only for breeding purposes.
9563580052_e7fe8d9846_b.jpg

The Maryland zoo likes to give kids camel rides, as pictured here. Perhaps only female camels are used in this manner? Zoos must keep a few males around, if only for breeding purposes.
View attachment 35818

Don't know about camels but that's why only female elephants are used in circuses and zoos. Its also why elephants are beaten, for several days, continuously, around the clock, to break their spirit.

View attachment 35818

Don't know about camels but that's why only female elephants are used in circuses and zoos. Its also why elephants are beaten, for several days, continuously, around the clock, to break their spirit.
Which is why animals should not be used for human entertainment. It's cruel and only shows that humans are only a disease to this planet. People should not support rodeos or circuses because of animal cruelty.

View attachment 35818

Which is why animals should not be used for human entertainment. It's cruel and only shows that humans are only a disease to this planet. People should not support rodeos or circuses because of animal cruelty.

Thank you for saying this.

If one goes to a circus, zoo or rodeo, they are paying for people to abuse and torture animals in ways that would be illegal if it was dogs or cats.

Forum List

Back