Can any American of integrity honestly be against regulation?

Jefferson was making a retarded point????

Nope. Because he said kings. Not regulators :cuckoo:

"The idea that institutions, established for the use of the nation, cannot be touched nor modified, even to make them answer their end, because of the rights gratuitously supposed in those employed to manage them in trust for the public, may, perhaps be a salutary provision against the abuses of a monarch, but it is most absurd against the nation itself"

-- Thomas Jefferson; letter to William Plumer on the Dartmouth Case (July, 21, 1816)

Crackpot Doom Scandal: "Jefferson was for ecclesiastical corporate prerogative"
Tell Me the difference.

Jefferson was making a retarded point????

Nope. Because he said kings. Not regulators :cuckoo:

"The idea that institutions, established for the use of the nation, cannot be touched nor modified, even to make them answer their end, because of the rights gratuitously supposed in those employed to manage them in trust for the public, may, perhaps be a salutary provision against the abuses of a monarch, but it is most absurd against the nation itself"

-- Thomas Jefferson; letter to William Plumer on the Dartmouth Case (July, 21, 1816)

Crackpot Doom Scandal: "Jefferson was for ecclesiastical corporate prerogative"
Tell Me the difference.

The nation is the people

We do the best we can with the greatest document ever created, the US Constitution. The problem is that the media is often manipulated into supporting bogus left wing philosophy. The media supported FDR's incarceration of American citizens because it was convenient.

Bloomberg has actually come out and said we need to reinterpret the constitution? WTF? this clown wants to redefine what the constitution says to fit his perspective. sounds a lot like a dictatorship to me

We do the best we can with the greatest document ever created, the US Constitution.
Can delusion and ignorance reach more abyssmal depths or more appalling intensity?

Bloomberg has actually come out and said we need to reinterpret the constitution? WTF?
Yes, don't re-interpret the Constitution -- abolish that mass of archaic mumbo-jumbo, annihilate the insane, idolatrous worship of 18th century colonial hicks, and create a form of government which can actually work in the 21st century!

We do the best we can with the greatest document ever created, the US Constitution.
Can delusion and ignorance reach more abyssmal depths or more appalling intensity?

Bloomberg has actually come out and said we need to reinterpret the constitution? WTF?
Yes, don't re-interpret the Constitution -- abolish that mass of archaic mumbo-jumbo, annihilate the insane, idolatrous worship of 18th century colonial hicks, and create a form of government which can actually work in the 21st century!

Government works just fine until the citizenry vote themselves a pay check.
Which side are you on?
The producers or the moochers?

Which side are you on?
The archaic and outmoded distinction you are making is unhelpful in a modern economy, and even counterproductive to rational thought.

A better distinction would be between "creators" and "destroyers".

I am am sure that many people whom you would regard as producers are, in fact, destroyers. And many whom you would regard as moochers are, in fact, creators.

An even better distinction would be between those who are sane, and those who are insane. However, after television has destroyed people's brains, there are so few sane people left, that it is increasingly a distinction which is without much day-to-day practical value.

Which side are you on?
The archaic and outmoded distinction you are making is unhelpful in a modern economy, and even counterproductive to rational thought.

A better distinction would be between "creators" and "destroyers".

I am am sure that many people whom you would regard as producers are, in fact, destroyers. And many whom you would regard as moochers are, in fact, creators.

An even better distinction would be between those who are sane, and those who are insane. However, after television has destroyed people's brains, there are so few sane people left, that it is increasingly a distinction which is without much day-to-day practical value.

You keep going on about this but have, as yet, not told us what form of government that you support. Just allusions to how long that post would be and how much wonderful thought that you have put into it. Enlighten us please or just shut up about things that you are not willing to discuss.

'
I'll get to it, but I have better things to do than rush to gratify the whims of people who demonstrate such ingratitude for my golden words of instruction.

'
I'll get to it, but I have better things to do than rush to gratify the whims of people who demonstrate such ingratitude for my golden words of instruction.

yes, Hitler Stalin and Mao thought they spoke golden liberal words too about golden new liberal forms of government!!

This makes no sense.

We indeed have the ‘ten commandments,’ yet that’s failed to stop millions from acting like Hitler, Stalin, and Mao, including Hitler, Stalin, and Mao.

More to the point, it didn't stop them from acting like Moses or Joshua

' Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle. “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man. '
-- Numbers 31:14-18

dear, you never use one quote from the Bible to say it explains the entire Bible. Sorry

Just as one cannot use a single passage from the Koran or statement from a single Muslim to say it explains all of Islam.

People With Integrity don't need the government to tell them how to behave in a decent and civilized fashion.

Just sayin'.

This makes no sense.

Government doesn’t exist to compel individuals to behave in a decent and civilized fashion, whether one has integrity or not.

And a society populated only by ‘persons of integrity’ would be just as in need of government to provide services and administer the law.

More to the point, it didn't stop them from acting like Moses or Joshua

' Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle. “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man. '
-- Numbers 31:14-18

dear, you never use one quote from the Bible to say it explains the entire Bible. Sorry

Just as one cannot use a single passage from the Koran or statement from a single Muslim to say it explains all of Islam.

all agree; so what??? You state what a second grader would know and want a Nobel Prize for it. Its shows the liberal IQ I'm afraid

Government doesn’t exist to compel individuals to behave in a decent and civilized fashion, whether one has integrity or not.

it doesn't?? then where do people learn to behave? Government has laws against murder for example to compel people to behave. Its hard to argue with Reagan who said now that liberals have destroyed Christianity( indeed they are more critical of Christianity than Islam) the government has to take over with more than just policeman and prisons.

Forum List

Back