Can ANY man stand up to the new #MeToo standard?

You don't have to hate to war against something. Oh, and it's it's seemingly men in positions of power that are the problem. It's simply time for women to start taking some of that power away.

Agreed. Who said it, absolute power corrupts absolutely ? In reality I know this is t a republican democrat thing, it’s a powerful people thing. It’s not even a man woman thing. It’s a power thing. A cliq forms around and in power, they get away with shit all the time, then they go crazy with it and end up in prision for illegals money transactions or shit like the NY AG and Weinstein thing. Had the scandal not been sex, it would have been something else.
Or the governor of Alabama thing or the Rob Portman thing, or the Missouri governor thing...

All of it. It’s a power thing. Any conservative you point to one can point out a democrat. Not a political party thing, it’s an old power thing.
Right...and yet you ONLY keep mentioning Democrats. You had me at "it's not a partisan thing", but had to spoil it...

Mm, that’s what you see, and why powerful people continue to get away with doing bad things. Dude smacks a chick, calls her his brown slave or whatever and because he is a democrat and a major part in the anti trump club it has to be pointed out that Donald Trump said he grabbed pussys! Both sides get riled up and instead of getting rid of the offender, voters have a google match on who can find which guy from whatever political party who molested chicks. It’s a power thing. Not a political thing.

You keep doing it and don't even realize it do you?

Agreed. Who said it, absolute power corrupts absolutely ? In reality I know this is t a republican democrat thing, it’s a powerful people thing. It’s not even a man woman thing. It’s a power thing. A cliq forms around and in power, they get away with shit all the time, then they go crazy with it and end up in prision for illegals money transactions or shit like the NY AG and Weinstein thing. Had the scandal not been sex, it would have been something else.
Or the governor of Alabama thing or the Rob Portman thing, or the Missouri governor thing...

All of it. It’s a power thing. Any conservative you point to one can point out a democrat. Not a political party thing, it’s an old power thing.
Right...and yet you ONLY keep mentioning Democrats. You had me at "it's not a partisan thing", but had to spoil it...

Mm, that’s what you see, and why powerful people continue to get away with doing bad things. Dude smacks a chick, calls her his brown slave or whatever and because he is a democrat and a major part in the anti trump club it has to be pointed out that Donald Trump said he grabbed pussys! Both sides get riled up and instead of getting rid of the offender, voters have a google match on who can find which guy from whatever political party who molested chicks. It’s a power thing. Not a political thing.

You keep doing it and don't even realize it do you?

Ima have to agree there to. Every member of this board does it. Think what would get done if all the time spent here trashing eachother was directed at those in power? Trump is a symptom of this irritation we in the mob have with government. Bernie to, he could have been president right now when 8 years ago he and Trump would have been laughed out of the campaigns.

So what's your problem, then? No one is policing your thoughts. It's about your actions. If you can keep that straight, there is no problem.

The problem is that sooner or later things like this do devolve into trying to prosecute thought crimes.

You assumed my thoughts vis a vis sex objects, what's to stop HR from doing the same thing "just to be safe"?
How does one prosecute thought crimes if they cannot read your mind?

they go after behavior outside of work to start.
Such as?

Interactions at bars after work, social groups you belong to, events you attend.

Remember its easier to fire a person to make something go away than to prosecute someone for something.
Wait...you can't interact civilly after work? What's wrong with social groups? Give an example of a social group that can get you fired?

The problem is that sooner or later things like this do devolve into trying to prosecute thought crimes.

You assumed my thoughts vis a vis sex objects, what's to stop HR from doing the same thing "just to be safe"?

Such as?

Interactions at bars after work, social groups you belong to, events you attend.

Remember its easier to fire a person to make something go away than to prosecute someone for something.
Wait...you can't interact civilly after work? What's wrong with social groups? Give an example of a social group that can get you fired?

i interact just fine after work, but combine alcohol with people and things get a bit raunchy.

I've had a female co-worker lick my ear with salt on it for a Tequila shot. Didn't offend me one bit, but with today's rules being what they are, who knows who would be offended, or make the story more than it actually was.

What if the current "we hate the NRA" thing takes hold and I attend an NRA rally?

Such as?

i interact just fine after work, but combine alcohol with people and things get a bit raunchy.

I've had a female co-worker lick my ear with salt on it for a Tequila shot. Didn't offend me one bit, but with today's rules being what they are, who knows who would be offended, or make the story more than it actually was.

What if the current "we hate the NRA" thing takes hold and I attend an NRA rally?
Are you saying that you are going to be a victim of the #Metoo movement for attending a NRA rally?

Such as?

Are you saying that you are going to be a victim of the #Metoo movement for attending a NRA rally?

I'm saying movements like this can merge with others and become something else.

Has it become a problem for you to be civilized and adult with women?

Never.

I work in Engineering, but I went to school when women were finally penetrating the profession (Chemical and Environmental mostly, Civil, Electrical and Mechanical were still mostly men), and have had women bosses and subordinates. I always mentally separate work from everything else with regards to most topics.

I also try to help the older guys adjust to the new reality as much as I can.

My only fault is that, being an older brother to a sister, I can sometimes become overprotective of my female co-workers if the Contractors (mostly men) treat them poorly.

I almost throttled a contractor PM who berated my permit expediter over the phone over some bullshit.

Never.

I work in Engineering, but I went to school when women were finally penetrating the profession (Chemical and Environmental mostly, Civil, Electrical and Mechanical were still mostly men), and have had women bosses and subordinates. I always mentally separate work from everything else with regards to most topics.

My only fault is that, being an older brother to a sister, I can sometimes become overprotective of my female co-workers if the Contractors (mostly men) treat them poorly.

I almost throttled a contractor PM who berated my permit expediter over the phone over some bullshit.
So...you are mature and have no problems. Is it too much to ask that other adults be the same way?

Never.

So...you are mature and have no problems. Is it too much to ask that other adults be the same way?

By some of the rules out there I should have gone after the woman who licked my ear for harassment. Of course I am not an easily offended asshole, so it didn't bother me.

I thought the rules were supposed to be set by the most easily offended person in a given situation, am I not correct on this?

Yes. Any man can "stand up" to the "me, too" standard. Remember that all that you need to know you learned in kindergarten. You do not touch other people in their private areas unless and until they have given you permission. You do not pin people down and use your tongue to try and find their tonsils.

I'm a woman and a heterosexual, have been all my life, but I would never dream of touching the zipper of an attractive man or otherwise putting my hands on him without his express permission. Some of us were raised in a civilized society. If you have to ask the question posed in the OP, you apparently weren't.

Never.

By some of the rules out there I should have gone after the woman who licked my ear for harassment. Of course I am not an easily offended asshole, so it didn't bother me.

I thought the rules were supposed to be set by the most easily offended person in a given situation, am I not correct on this?
Did you tell her to stop? That it made you uncomfortable? I would have. And if she continued....YES report her.

Never.

Did you tell her to stop? That it made you uncomfortable? I would have. And if she continued....YES report her.

Lots of things make me uncomfortable, it doesn't make them reportable.

Again, if we decide that the most prudish people get to decide public behavior, we might as well stop interacting with other people totally.

Just look at that kerfluffle over the "ladies lingerie" elevator joke.

I think that there isn't a man alive who could stand up to the new #MeToo standard, which is that you NEVER EVER made a mistake in your life when it comes to a woman.

THERE I said it.

We need to end this witch hunt now.
i believe all women should leave, no stone unturned, when it comes to seeing if guys are willing to do what they say.

in my case, women are welcome to make sure i am not a liar regarding being willing to practice, full body massage with happy ending and s-spot focus work.

Never.

Again, if we decide that the most prudish people get to decide public behavior, we might as well stop interacting with other people totally.

You must know that you don't touch other people intimately without permission. This is just basic.
The only people who are prudish are the complete assholes from the "religious" right, who yap and whine at any thought of sex, and particularly at the thought that (gasp!) women are interested in it and do it.
People will pair off. This always happens regardless of sexual orientation. But only some people, the real jerks, go ballistic at somebody demonstrating how to put on a condom.

Never.

Someone licking your ear....and you tell them to stop...and they continue....IS reportable harassment.

Forum List

Back