Can Conservatives Criticise Conservative Politicians?

Saigon

Gold Member
May 4, 2012
Helsinki, Finland
It's time to put your mouth where your money is.

If you are a Conservative, I'd like you to tell us what you do not like or have not liked about any recent conservative politician, or about the GOP.

I'd ask liberal posters to refrain from dumping on them!

If you are a Conservative, I'd like you to tell us what you do not like or have not liked about any recent conservative politician, or about the GOP.

It's "put your money where your mouth is", not "put your mouth where your money is". Sheesh.

I criticize UnConservatives all the time. At the top of my list is Mitch McConnell, the most cowardly chickenshit hypocrite currently occupying office. The man is a menace and needs to go.

He will not put any ideas on the table. He is an anti-idea man. He waits for his opponents to put an idea on the table and then attacks their ideas. This is sheer cowardice.

I also attack the piss rags like The Daily Caller, WND, investors.com, CNS, Breitbart, and the Washington Times. They have zero journalistic integrity and regularly shovel bullshit into the mouths of the parrots here who copy and paste without fact checking, even after being shown time and time and time and time again that these hacks are lying to them.

You have to be profoundly retarded to keep blindly repeating these sources without question.

There is almost no critical thinking on the Right any more. Almost none. The operating principle these days is to just hate for the sake of hating. If someone has a D after their name, no lie is too low or too wrong to spread around about them. God help an UnConservative if they are asked to put an idea on the table instead of just attack, attack, attack and bullshit. God help them if they are asked to come up with a solution and defend it with any intellectual weight.

Think I'm full of shit? Look at the topics started by people on the Right on this forum. Every one of them is an attack. No solutions. Just attacks and ridiculing.

Last edited:
S.J -

Perhaps comments on the topic?

btw. Actually, making up word plays is part of my day job!

Last edited:
I criticize UnConservatives all the time. At the top of my list is Mitch McConnell, the most cowardly chickenshit hypocrite currently occupying office. The man is a menace and needs to go.

I completely agree about McConnell, and I feel the exact same way about John Boehner and other establishment types. While he is not an elected official, I absolutely DETEST Karl Rove.

I also feel the same way about Harry Reid, Dickhead Durbin and Nazi Pelosi on the Democratic side.

I also attack the piss rags like The Daily Caller, WND, investors.com, CNS, Breitbart, and the Washington Times. They have zero journalistic integrity and regularly shovel bullshit into the mouths of the parrots here who copy and paste without fact checking, even after being shown time and time and time and time again that these hacks are lying to them.

I feel the same way about ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, NY Times, etc. They are nothing more than stenographers for the Democrat party. If these Democrat party throne sniffers were not so blatantly biased and agenda driven, then the media sources you "attack", would never have had a chance at attaining the success they have.

There is almost no critical thinking on the Right any more. Almost none.

Oh, so making trillion the new billion, all while blaming Bush for everything, and labeling anyone who disagrees with the Democrats agenda as a racist homophobes is critical thinking??? Brilliant!

The operating principle these days is to just hate for the sake of hating. If someone has a D after their name, no lie is too low or too wrong to spread around about them

Well then, Sarah Palin, Herman Cain, Michele Bachmann, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, George W. Bush, Allen West and Mitt Romney must have bigger and bolder "D's" after of their names than any other American politicians ever known.

Think I'm full of shit? Look at the topics started by people on the Right on this forum. Every one of them is an attack. No solutions. Just attacks and ridiculing.

Yes you are full of shit

Locke -

The idea of these threads is that we all admit a few things about the politicians we normally defend and respect - less so that we attack other posters for doing so.

I hate the way the ALL OF the right wing plays political games in a reactionary method --- and then their first concern is always how the middle will react. In my mind the best things about being a righty revolve along the most basic premise and the party never even touches on it.

Example, and my kids would all know this like the back of my hand (oops, their hand). The most important things should be God, family, Country, and hard work. Those 4 simple concepts are what built American into the strongest Country in the world --- and (first person) the party NEVER bases anything on those ideals. You always hear from third parties how the platform fits into them -- they should be first and foremost!

I also can't stand that their goal is to win elections. Winning elections will take care of itself if you are true to your cause! Trying to "revamp" the party to be more attractive to people isn't the answer. The answer is to show America that they are not really "the party of hate", or "racist", or "for the rich", or "uncaring", or "anti-science", or "pro war", or any of the other labels that we have been given. ---- Instead educate America that we really are the opposite of those things!!

I know, first hand, in my world that NONE of the people I interact with are any of those things. ...and if that is true across the entire GOP, there is much more common ground between the American Right and the American Left than we can even begin to discover being bogged down in slippery political games.

I completely agree about McConnell, and I feel the exact same way about John Boehner and other establishment types. While he is not an elected official, I absolutely DETEST Karl Rove.

I also feel the same way about Harry Reid, Dickhead Durbin and Nazi Pelosi on the Democratic side.

I feel the same way about ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, NY Times, etc. They are nothing more than stenographers for the Democrat party. If these Democrat party throne sniffers were not so blatantly biased and agenda driven, then the media sources you "attack", would never have had a chance at attaining the success they have.

Oh, so making trillion the new billion, all while blaming Bush for everything, and labeling anyone who disagrees with the Democrats agenda as a racist homophobes is critical thinking??? Brilliant!

The operating principle these days is to just hate for the sake of hating. If someone has a D after their name, no lie is too low or too wrong to spread around about them

Well then, Sarah Palin, Herman Cain, Michele Bachmann, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, George W. Bush, Allen West and Mitt Romney must have bigger and bolder "D's" after of their names than any other American politicians ever known.

Yes you are full of shit

I actually have something good to say about Mitch McConnell. He isn't a Jim Bunning.

Obamanation -

The most important things should be God, family, Country, and hard work. Those 4 simple concepts are what built American into the strongest Country in the world --- and (first person) the party NEVER bases anything on those ideals.

Very good points. You know I'd pos rep that if I could!!!

Conservatives are knocking each other over in a battle to declare who is more conservative than the other, while at the same time worshiping Ronald Reagan. They have no time to criticize each other. How very odd.

Not until they're a lame duck!

The closest they get to criticizing one another, is when a couple of Senator's in the mid-west, requested to run as the GOP, because they thought some people might not think it's the republican party. Other than that, they all goose-step in the same direction.

The first republican who comes out and blasts his own party, I might vote for him.

Why would I criticize someone I agreed with? If they don't act like a conservative hell yes, they are a RINO
And regardless what the liberal media says Bush wasn't a conservative.

Why would I criticize someone I agreed with? If they don't act like a conservative hell yes, they are a RINO

you just answered "No" in over 30 words, when a one word, two letter reply would have been more appropriate. :laugh2: It kills you to admit truths

In the Soviet Union, no one criticised Stalin.

Here in our democratic countries, it is not only our right to criticise our own party when it doesn't act the way we want it to, but it's also our responsibility to do so.

Republicans should have flayed Sarah Palin alive not because they disagreed with her per se, but because she was a weak, divisive and stupid candidate.

I criticize 'conservative' politicians a lot.

I'd ask liberals if they can say likewise.... evidence (and I do like evidence to support my opinions) on this board suggests they are even less capable than conservatives of calling out their own side.

You're bordering on stupid with this post. Be careful not to cross the line to left wing ranting moron.

Forum List

Back