Can Conservatives Criticise Conservative Politicians?

It's time to put your mouth where your money is.

If you are a Conservative, I'd like you to tell us what you do not like or have not liked about any recent conservative politician, or about the GOP.

I'd ask liberal posters to refrain from dumping on them!

My biggest issue with conservative or GOP politicians is they keep forgetting this point:
THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA IS NOT THEIR FRIEND and the MSM is so defensive of Obama that nothing of criticism will reach the MSM audience!

If I were in any of their positions with access to the MSM my first comment would be..
"Given that 85% of the 3 networks employees donated to Democrats, and given during Romney/Obama campaign 71% of Romney stories were negative, anything I say to you today is going to be negative" So now ask your questions!

Can Conservatives Criticise Conservative Politicians?

How can you criticize someone when you refuse to hear what they are saying?

It's time to put your mouth where your money is.

If you are a Conservative, I'd like you to tell us what you do not like or have not liked about any recent conservative politician, or about the GOP.

I'd ask liberal posters to refrain from dumping on them!

I'm a conservative...libertarian leaning...and I hate 99% of the GOP.

Is that good enough?

When there is criticism it is usually top-down. It comes from the Party Apparatus (which is run by big money) and it is designed to pressure politicians not to compromise with the Left.

But you never see creative criticism. For instance, the current Rightwing voter tends to get all his information from the Movement or "trusted" sources. For this reason, you don't see any meaningful or substantive criticism of say Reagan or Bush.

I've tried to ask rightwing voters to talk substantively about Reagan's Middle East policies, his energy policies, his near-tripling of spending and debt compared to Carter. To my surprise they don't know any policy specifics.

Same thing with Bush 43. I've asked them questions about his "Ownership Society" which was designed to extend homeownership to Latinos and other lower income demographics and they look at me with a blank stare or accuse me of lying. Then I remind them that Bush was using Thatcher's model, which is based on the theory that if you give people some skin in the game - meaning: if poor citizens own a large taxable asset - than they are more likely to vote Republican because Republicans will protect that asset from taxation. (Ask yourself: why don't rightwing voters know Thatcher's policy? Why don't they know that the Bush team used one of Thatcher's advisers to construct the policy? Answer: they only know what they are told by their Radio and TV pundits.)

Here is an example of Bush's "Ownership Society" (see video below). He clearly details how he is going to extend home ownership to poor communities. He states clearly that he is going to partner with Fannie/Freddie to break down all financial barriers to first time home owners.

Here is my question. Why did Republican Voters know nothing about this? Why didn't they know that the Bush administration used housing to stimulate an economy that had been destroyed by the Clinton Tech Bubble and 9/11?

Why didn't they know the most significant domestic policy of their party's president?

Once you figure this out - once you realize that they are not given the informational resources to recognize what their party is really doing - than you will know why they have no meaningful criticisms of their politicians.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNqQx7sjoS8]Home Ownership and President Bush - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I'm a conservative...libertarian leaning...and I hate 99% of the GOP.

Is that good enough?

I tend to see two kinds of Libertarians.

Real Libertarians: these are the folks that get a lot of information from CATO, and they like Ron Paul. They saw the War on Terror as a means to grow Washington's power and erode civil liberties. They were harshly critical of the Patriot Act and the department of Homeland Security (because they think a big government is more dangerous than 15 men with box cutters. They believe 9/11 was a political tool to grow the National Security Surveillance State. They saw Reagan's slice of the Cold War and his War on Drugs as growing government almost as much as anything done by LBJ. (They don't trust anybody who says "hi, I'm from the government and I'm here to protect you ... from drugs, terrorists, etc"). These people don't trust centralized power period, and they know that Conservatives use National Security to grow Washington's Power.

FOX News Libertarians: They attack the current GOP for not standing their ground on taxes and spending. They know nothing about how Big Government uses National Security for one thing: to make government bigger and more powerful.

FOX News Libertarians know nothing about this:

A hidden world, growing beyond control | washingtonpost.com

Most of the people on this board are FOX News Libertarians. They are literally party Apparachiks - agitated by Talk Radio to protect the Lobbying Industrial Corporate State, which funds elections and staffs government.

Last edited:
Why would I criticize someone I agreed with? If they don't act like a conservative hell yes, they are a RINO
And regardless what the liberal media says Bush wasn't a conservative.

In the Soviet Union, no one criticised Stalin.

Here in our democratic countries, it is not only our right to criticise our own party when it doesn't act the way we want it to, but it's also our responsibility to do so.

Republicans should have flayed Sarah Palin alive not because they disagreed with her per se, but because she was a weak, divisive and stupid candidate.

Once some of you lefties figure out whether the Republican party is marching in lockstep, or self destructing through in fighting, you might have some credibility with your dumbass attempts at soul searching a political movement that you don't belong to.

As far as Sarah Palin is concerned, she is far superior in every way, to the current vice president, and superior in common sense to the community organizer that you so love. Many of you ignorant asses cannot distinguish the difference between ignorance and intelligence. We are all ignorant, but all are not intelligent.

BTW, is there any politician as divisive as Obama?

Erand -

As far as Sarah Palin is concerned, she is far superior in every way, to the current vice president, and superior in common sense to the community organizer that you so love. Many of you ignorant asses cannot distinguish the difference between ignorance and intelligence. We are all ignorant, but all are not intelligent.

Actually, Obama was a three term senator before becoming president. That you didn't know that tells us quite a lot.

Or were you just lying?

Erand -

Actually, Obama was a three term senator before becoming president. That you didn't know that tells us quite a lot.

Or were you just lying?
Oh really? Better check again.

Erand -

Or were you just lying?

What year was obama a senator?
What was his voting record?

LOL @ the pretentious douchebag with egg on his face.
UNKIE!!! I see you're back from the groomers. You didn't bite anybody, did you? :lol:

Unko doesn't bite - he only cowers in the corner and barks when there is no one else around. :razz:

It's fun watching the pretentious douchebag make a fool of himself. Whether it's the comical overestimation of his own ability with the English language, baseless arrogance, or general ignorance about American culture and politics, he always plays the fool while feeling quite pleased with himself.

Forum List

Back