Can Conservatives Criticise Conservative Politicians?

Why would I criticize someone I agreed with? If they don't act like a conservative hell yes, they are a RINO
And regardless what the liberal media says Bush wasn't a conservative.

In the Soviet Union, no one criticised Stalin.

Here in our democratic countries, it is not only our right to criticise our own party when it doesn't act the way we want it to, but it's also our responsibility to do so.

Republicans should have flayed Sarah Palin alive not because they disagreed with her per se, but because she was a weak, divisive and stupid candidate.

Yes people did, and even in the party people did and they all paid for it with their lives.

It's time to put your mouth where your money is.

If you are a Conservative, I'd like you to tell us what you do not like or have not liked about any recent conservative politician, or about the GOP.

I'd ask liberal posters to refrain from dumping on them!

Why would I criticize someone I agreed with? If they don't act like a conservative hell yes, they are a RINO

you just answered "No" in over 30 words, when a one word, two letter reply would have been more appropriate. :laugh2: It kills you to admit truths

What part did I confuse you on?
OH that's right you think Bush was a conservative.
One more time if a Conservative is a Conservative I have no reason to criticize them, if they claim to be one but act like Obamush hell yes I criticize them

In the Soviet Union, no one criticised Stalin.

Here in our democratic countries, it is not only our right to criticise our own party when it doesn't act the way we want it to, but it's also our responsibility to do so.

Republicans should have flayed Sarah Palin alive not because they disagreed with her per se, but because she was a weak, divisive and stupid candidate.

Sure take a few edited interviews out of context quotes and you can make anyone look stupid.

evidence (and I do like evidence to support my opinions) on this board suggests they are even less capable than conservatives of calling out their own side.

Evidence on these threads thus far suggests the opposite.

you just answered "No" in over 30 words, when a one word, two letter reply would have been more appropriate. :laugh2: It kills you to admit truths

One more time if a Conservative is a Conservative I have no reason to criticize them, if they claim to be one but act like Obamush hell yes I criticize them
:rofl:
you just did it again

criticism calling does not equal somebody a rino. people disagree, criticism is how we express disagreement. Are you so used to marching in lock-step you can't bring yourself to admit what it is you do?

If you are a Conservative, I'd like you to tell us what you do not like or have not liked about any recent conservative politician, or about the GOP.

Sucking on my wallet?
Kissing my bank manager?

you just did it again

criticism calling does not equal somebody a rino. people disagree, criticism is how we express disagreement. Are you so used to marching in lock-step you can't bring yourself to admit what it is you do?

There should be a law that would fine dumb fucks like you for failure to comprehend, not sure if it's intentional or you're just that stupid.

I not only can but I have. You would need to be more specific on what politician. I cannot find anything I like about John Boehner, but I can't find much to criticise Rand Paul about.

Not until they're a lame duck!

The closest they get to criticizing one another, is when a couple of Senator's in the mid-west, requested to run as the GOP, because they thought some people might not think it's the republican party. Other than that, they all goose-step in the same direction.

The first republican who comes out and blasts his own party, I might vote for him.

Wow! A liberal would vote for a Republican who trashes the GOP? There's a shock!:eusa_hand:

The closest they get to criticizing one another, is when a couple of Senator's in the mid-west, requested to run as the GOP, because they thought some people might not think it's the republican party. Other than that, they all goose-step in the same direction.

The first republican who comes out and blasts his own party, I might vote for him.

Wow! A liberal would vote for a Republican who trashes the GOP? There's a shock!:eusa_hand:

I've voted for Republicans who trashed right wing conservatism

The answer here (and on the opposite thread I've seen) seems pretty clear to me.

Hardcore partisan ideologues from both parties criticize people in their own party when that person doesn't behave like a hardcore partisan ideologue. Step out of line, and here comes the attacks from your wing.

The righties did it to Bush and they do it to their congressmen now. The lefties do it to Obama and to their congressmen now.

There are many sane pragmatics in each party that are helpful in mitigating the madness, but unfortunately they're not nearly as loud as the ideologues, so we tend to hear a lot of silly shit, since the press will naturally and immediately gravitate to them. Currently, the press knows it can get several in the GOP to say goofy shit, so that's where they are. In a few years, it could go in the opposite direction.

Pretty easy answer.

Last edited:
Well since the OP didn't specify the politician, I'll just list my complaints with the GOP as a whole.

1. They talk the talk but they won't walk the walk. Especially on fiscal issues. When not in power, they talk about fiscal sanity and when they get power they spend like Democrats.

2. Lately the have been willing to compromise their beliefs and principles for power.

3. They are walking on egg shells. Instead of extolling the many virtues of conservatism or pointing out the obvious failures of this administration and progressivism in general, they cower like chickens, afraid of alienating anyone.

4. This one is also a major criticism of the left as well: They crow about rights and liberties but they only actually support the rights and liberties that they approve of.

Last edited:

I've voted for Republicans who trashed right wing conservatism

Shocking!

Well, not really at all.

The answer here (and on the opposite thread I've seen) seems pretty clear to me.

Hardcore partisan ideologues from both parties criticize people in their own party when that person doesn't behave like a hardcore partisan ideologue. Step out of line, and here comes the attacks from your wing.

The righties did it to Bush and they do it to their congressmen now. The lefties do it to Obama and to their congressmen now.

There are many sane pragmatics in each party that are helpful in mitigating the madness, but unfortunately they're not nearly as loud as the ideologues, so we tend to hear a lot of silly shit, since the press will naturally and immediately gravitate to them. Currently, the press knows it can get several in the GOP to say goofy shit, so that's where they are. In a few years, it could go in the opposite direction.

Pretty easy answer.

Hey! It's too damn early in the day to be killing threads!

you just did it again

There should be a law that would fine dumb fucks like you for failure to comprehend, not sure if it's intentional or you're just that stupid.

you have this notion of a true conservative as a one-dimensional caricature of a wing nut. :lol: no one can be conservative on every issue. being conservative on any one or group of issues alone does not make one conservative.

learn to listen to others and there is hope your horizons will broaden

Pretty easy answer.

Hey! It's too damn early in the day to be killing threads!

:lol:

Shit, sorry, haven't had my coffee yet...

Forum List

Back