Can Donald Trump be trusted with what he says or tweets anymore?

Can Donald Trump be trusted with what he says or tweets?

• Yes

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 19 79.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is a question for everyone, that needs to be answered HONESTLY. Regardless of your political ideology or who you voted for.
No. The man has communicated almost exclusively in hyperbole since the minute he got off the escalator.

His supporters know this, and this is where the phrase "take him seriously but not literally" comes from. They gave up trying to defend him.

All you can do is look for clues within the hyperbole as to his opinions and intentions.

Not a good situation when dealing with the most powerful person on the planet, but it is what it is.

Describing it as simple hyperbole is being generous. It's not as innocuous as you make it sound. This behavior undermines the confidence in, creates dysfunction and damages the effectiveness of our govt.
Ultimately, this crap will become untenable for the admin as Congress will be forced to act. That would be an epic and historic failure for no good reason other than humoring a lunatic.

Trump has destroyed his relationship with his own staff. Even they are getting tired of surrendering their own credibility
Trump has destroyed his relationship with Congress...They are hanging him out to dry on this one
Trump has destroyed our relationship with our allies....They do not trust what he says and do not accept his leadership
Trump has destroyed his relationship with the American public....Do not take what I say literally

This is a question for everyone, that needs to be answered HONESTLY. Regardless of your political ideology or who you voted for.
No. The man has communicated almost exclusively in hyperbole since the minute he got off the escalator.

His supporters know this, and this is where the phrase "take him seriously but not literally" comes from. They gave up trying to defend him.

All you can do is look for clues within the hyperbole as to his opinions and intentions.

Not a good situation when dealing with the most powerful person on the planet, but it is what it is.

Describing it as simple hyperbole is being generous. It's not as innocuous as you make it sound. This behavior undermines the confidence in, creates dysfunction and damages the effectiveness of our govt.
Ultimately, this crap will become untenable for the admin as Congress will be forced to act. That would be an epic and historic failure for no good reason other than humoring a lunatic.
Well, there is Trump's intent and then there is effect.

I think this is just the way he communicates, it's the way he's always communicated. In his commercial real estate business, he's been able to simply maul people through the sheer force of his personality and the power of his bluster. That doesn't mean he's particularly intelligent or gifted, it just means that it has worked (to varying degrees) for him in that industry.

His behaviors are REALLY familiar to me. I've known a guy in my city for 30 years who is just like this. He gets his way downtown all the time because he just runs roughshod over people. Interestingly, he's from NY, too. But this is national/international politics, and Trump won't be able to get away with that alone.

I'm horrible at predicting political stuff, so I don't know what's going to happen.

Can Donald Trump be trusted with what he says or tweets anymore?

Isn't it hilarious how little oreo tries to fool everyone into thinking he used to trust what Trump said (or tweeted) , and only recently found reasons to change his mind?

And is NOT basing his post on his mindless 100% hatred of all things Trump and/or Republican that he has consistently shown for years?

Now that's funny! I always appreciate a sense of the ridiculous. :rofl:

Sweet dodging you got there. A simple no would've sufficed.

I think this is just the way he communicates, it's the way he's always communicated. In his commercial real estate business, he's been able to simply maul people through the sheer force of his personality and the power of his bluster. That doesn't mean he's particularly intelligent or gifted, it just means that it has worked (to varying degrees) for him in that industry.

His behaviors are REALLY familiar to me. I've known a guy in my city for 30 years who is just like this. He gets his way downtown all the time because he just runs roughshod over people. Interestingly, he's from NY, too. But this is national/international politics, and Trump won't be able to get away with that alone.

I'm horrible at predicting political stuff, so I don't know what's going to happen.
If Trump can't see the results of his actions and adjust accordingly, then one can only conclude that he's a lunatic.
It's not hard to see where this goes. It's already happening. The speaker is trying to get HC and a budget done under already difficult conditions while Trump is creating and perpetuating unproductive and unnecessary shitstorms. The Republican leadership has already distanced themselves as far from Trump as possible. They will have to choose between the Republican president and their own agenda. Trump will be the least influential and productive president in history if he loses Congress.

If Trump can't see the results of his actions and adjust accordingly, then one can only conclude that he's a lunatic.
It's not hard to see where this goes. It's already happening. The speaker is trying to get HC and a budget done under already difficult conditions while Trump is creating and perpetuating unproductive and unnecessary shitstorms. The Republican leadership has already distanced themselves as far from Trump as possible. They will have to choose between the Republican president and their own agenda. Trump will be the least influential and productive president in history if he loses Congress.

Trump sold himself as "The Great Dealmaker"
A man who could get things done and smash through political gridlock

His first 50 days show him to be anything but.a great dealmaker

Instead of spending his time building a consensus on healthcare, the budget, his Muslim ban....the WALL, Trump has allowed his administration to be sidetracked over petty bickering about Obama wiretaps, involvement with Russia, Ivanka's contract with Nordstrom, ratings of the Apprentice......

Instead of spending his time building a consensus on healthcare, the budget, his Muslim ban....the WALL, Trump has allowed his administration to be sidetracked over petty bickering about Obama wiretaps, involvement with Russia, Ivanka's contract with Nordstrom, ratings of the Apprentice......

Exactly.
Every initiative he has tried has or is in the process of failing. His lack of seriousness and focus is stunning for a man who was believed to be a very successful businessman.

No, and it has been that way since his modest birther beginnings in the GOP.

Exactly.
Every initiative he has tried has or is in the process of failing. His lack of seriousness and focus is stunning for a man who was believed to be a very successful businessman.

Focus seems to be a key liability

The man is quickly distracted by shiny objects and is willing to sacrifice any credibility in his obsession of getting payback

Exactly.

Focus seems to be a key liability

The man is quickly distracted by shiny objects and is willing to sacrifice any credibility in his obsession of getting payback
Hence, lunacy.

Clearly, since the "Russia hacked the election!!!!" hysteria fizzled, Progs are desperate to change the topic

This is why they didn't want him in the first place. Trump has no Republican friends on the hill, other than the typical physco babble interpreters that have surrounded him throughout the campaign. He insulted most of them during the campaign, so his cough cough agenda gets put on the back burner to theirs---while at the same time, they get to babysit the ass clown.

Last edited:
Trump could never be trusted. Doesn't matter whether he is on tv,radio or twitter. He's a habitual liar.

This is regarding Trump's tweet accusation that Obama had wiretapped the Trump Tower.

1. Trump tweeted out several comments about Barack Obama wiretapping the Trump Tower. The house gave him a week to PROVE that it actually happened.
2. FBI director Comey was incited by this accusation and demanded that the DOJ deny this accusation.
3. Both leaders of the intelligence committee in the Senate and the House state there is no evidence that the Trump tower was wiretapped.
4. Now Trump and Sean Spicer, his White House Press Secretary are backtracking stating that since he put "wiretapping" in quotes it really meant survellance. Of course wiretapping has a very specific definition in the Meridan Webster dictionary. (to mean tapping of phones and or telegraph to get information)
Definition of WIRETAP

It got very heated during the White House Press briefing today 3/16/2017 between Spicer & Acosta over this matter. Acosta accused Spicer of quoting "Sean Hannity" Trump's mouthpiece, and again we see Spicer desperately trying to twist and turn and wrap Trump's own words around being the media's fault in this country.

I know that this nation is very used to Trump saying things that are not to be taken literally. However, this one puts a former President in danger, which has caused a serious reaction by both parties. If a nutcase can walk into a Pizza Place in New York City loaded to the hilt--because he believed Hillary Clinton was running a child sex operation out of there, some nutcase could believe Trump's story also, and take action against the former President.
Man opens fire in restaurant targeted by anti-Clinton "PizzaGate" fake news conspiracy - CBS News

We saw this political board go wild over this accusation. Trump supporters were outraged that Obama had wiretapped the Trump Tower. So Trump supporters clearly believed it.

We have always expected our Presidents to speak clearly with their words. They went to great efforts to make certain that the meaning of those words were clear and that we understood them. They didn't try to redefine words to make them mean something else other than what they were.

I read your title & nothing more.

My answer is no. I even unsubscribed from Twitter as he was the only one I was following. I said many months ago he needed to stop tweeting

Having said that I care much less about what he says vs what impact his actions are having on my life.

Thus far I have 0 complaints.

This is regarding Trump's tweet accusation that Obama had wiretapped the Trump Tower.

1. Trump tweeted out several comments about Barack Obama wiretapping the Trump Tower. The house gave him a week to PROVE that it actually happened.
2. FBI director Comey was incited by this accusation and demanded that the DOJ deny this accusation.
3. Both leaders of the intelligence committee in the Senate and the House state there is no evidence that the Trump tower was wiretapped.
4. Now Trump and Sean Spicer, his White House Press Secretary are backtracking stating that since he put "wiretapping" in quotes it really meant survellance. Of course wiretapping has a very specific definition in the Meridan Webster dictionary. (to mean tapping of phones and or telegraph to get information)
Definition of WIRETAP

It got very heated during the White House Press briefing today 3/16/2017 between Spicer & Acosta over this matter. Acosta accused Spicer of quoting "Sean Hannity" Trump's mouthpiece, and again we see Spicer desperately trying to twist and turn and wrap Trump's own words around being the media's fault in this country.

I know that this nation is very used to Trump saying things that are not to be taken literally. However, this one puts a former President in danger, which has caused a serious reaction by both parties. If a nutcase can walk into a Pizza Place in New York City loaded to the hilt--because he believed Hillary Clinton was running a child sex operation out of there, some nutcase could believe Trump's story also, and take action against the former President.
Man opens fire in restaurant targeted by anti-Clinton "PizzaGate" fake news conspiracy - CBS News

We saw this political board go wild over this accusation. Trump supporters were outraged that Obama had wiretapped the Trump Tower. So Trump supporters clearly believed it.

We have always expected our Presidents to speak clearly with their words. They went to great efforts to make certain that the meaning of those words were clear and that we understood them. They didn't try to redefine words to make them mean something else other than what they were.

I read your title & nothing more.

My answer is no. I even unsubscribed from Twitter as he was the only one I was following. I said many months ago he needed to stop tweeting

Having said that I care much less about what he says vs what impact his actions are having on my life.

Thus far I have 0 complaints.

Regardless, if you're a Republican he is having a YUUUUGE affect on your life. Americans are watching this lunatic, and they associate him with being the poster boy of the Republican party, and knowing that most people vote a straight ticket, it's not hard to imagine what this means for the entire party in 2018--2020 and beyond.

11-20-16-Donald-Trump-Crazy-Media-Bearman-Cartoons.png

Last edited:

This is why they didn't want him in the first place. Trump has no Republican friends on the hill, other than the typical physco babble interpreters that have surrounded him throughout the campaign. He insulted most of them during the campaign, so his cough cough agenda gets put on the back burner to theirs---while at the same time, they get to babysit the ass clown.

That's why Trump's behavior is dangerous for him and his agenda. His relationship with Congress was already tenuous. He will not get funding for a wall or anything he wants if he continues his lunacy.

That's why Trump's behavior is dangerous for him and his agenda. His relationship with Congress was already tenuous. He will not get funding for a wall or anything he wants if he continues his lunacy.

Congress needs to be firm with Trump and explain that if he is a good boy and behaves himself, they will buy him a wall

So far.....No wall for you!

Another libtardo shows up too stupid to connect the dots which clearly shows Obamakov had his mole in the NSA leak wiretaps of Trump's headquarters and phone taps of Trump's conversations of the President of Mexico and Australia's Prime Minister.

We're draining the swamp and you should get ahead of the rush along with Rachael Maddcow.

Draining the swamp? Trump is the swamp. He's just eliminated having to bribe politicians to do his dirty work for him and doing it himself.

Another libtardo shows up too stupid to connect the dots which clearly shows Obamakov had his mole in the NSA leak wiretaps of Trump's headquarters and phone taps of Trump's conversations of the President of Mexico and Australia's Prime Minister.

The President of Mexico released a transcript of his conversation with Trump.

Forum List

Back