Can GOP win the Senate in 2014?

Maybe if we support and dump something's.

1. Drop the homosexual issue as a national issue. Give it to the states.(defense of marriage=gone)
2. Run on a pro-infrastructure ticket. Point out how the democratic party wants to add pork to everything and how the republicans have finally seen the light on the need for infrastructure. Promise to modernize our grid and infrastructure. Something hopeful for the future!
3. Become pro-science and innovation!!! Go to the colleges with a pro science message!
-Say you consider noaa, nhc, nasa all defense issues and so it is constitutional.
4. Run on a energy policy of all the above!
5. Run on a ticket that seeks to helps improves everyone's life. Like go into the inner-cities promising to fight for investment of private resources within the safer area's.
6. Fight for choices within education
7. Fight for choices within retirement

No longer be the party of no, but the party of yes with idea's!!!!

Last edited:
By: Ron Pearson and Trevor Smith, Ph.D., 5/28/2013 02:32 PM
The 2014 elections can be a rerun of the 2010 elections, but with one major difference: Republicans have a good chance to take over the Senate. Democrats have to defend 21 seats, while Republicans only have 14 Senate seats up for election.

I can only hope. Read more @ Can GOP win the Senate in 2014? | Human Events

The Republicans were supposed to retake the Senate in 2012 with 8 retiring Democrats and defending 23 seats.

The GOP managed to blow it then by doubling down on the crazy, and they'll do it again next year.

More to the point, in any 8 year presidency, you only get one good midterm, and you've already had yours in 2010.

By: Ron Pearson and Trevor Smith, Ph.D., 5/28/2013 02:32 PM
The 2014 elections can be a rerun of the 2010 elections, but with one major difference: Republicans have a good chance to take over the Senate. Democrats have to defend 21 seats, while Republicans only have 14 Senate seats up for election.

I can only hope. Read more @ Can GOP win the Senate in 2014? | Human Events

The Republicans were supposed to retake the Senate in 2012 with 8 retiring Democrats and defending 23 seats.

The GOP managed to blow it then by doubling down on the crazy, and they'll do it again next year.

More to the point, in any 8 year presidency, you only get one good midterm, and you've already had yours in 2010.

We will see. Right now the dems are doing everything possible to ensure a GOP controlled senate in 14. More and more corruption and incompetence coming out every day. Obama is a failed president and will be a useless lame duck for the nest 3 years.

You are right about some crazy candidates, but remember, that crazy woman in Nevada almost beat the idiot Reid.

I'm sure law abiding gun owners will have forgotten the Democrat's attacking their Freedoms and labeling them gun nuts by 2014... Won't they?

The GOP needs to address the issues and not let themselves get sidetracked with bullshit like they did in the presidential election.

They need to concentrate on the ACA and how much that POS bill is gonna cost we the taxpayer.. They also need to remind all voters that this POS bill was passed by the Democratic party all by its lonesome.

They need to pound it.

Maybe if we support and dump something's.

1. Drop the homosexual issue as a national issue. Give it to the states.(defense of marriage=gone)
2. Run on a pro-infrastructure ticket. Point out how the democratic party wants to add pork to everything and how the republicans have finally seen the light on the need for infrastructure. Promise to modernize our grid and infrastructure. Something hopeful for the future!
3. Become pro-science and innovation!!! Go to the colleges with a pro science message!
-Say you consider noaa, nhc, nasa all defense issues and so it is constitutional.
4. Run on a energy policy of all the above!
5. Run on a ticket that seeks to helps improves everyone's life. Like go into the inner-cities promising to fight for investment of private resources within the safer area's.
6. Fight for choices within education
7. Fight for choices within retirement

No longer be the party of no, but the party of yes with idea's!!!!

Were the GOP to follow that script, they might have a chance. But what is going to happen is the same old God, Guns, and Gays message. And the GOP will continue to dance to the tune of 'K' Street on such issues as global warming, environmental issues, and infrastructure. And the general voting population will continue to see the GOP as the party of the very wealthy.

[quo

We will see. Right now the dems are doing everything possible to ensure a GOP controlled senate in 14. More and more corruption and incompetence coming out every day. Obama is a failed president and will be a useless lame duck for the nest 3 years.

You are right about some crazy candidates, but remember, that crazy woman in Nevada almost beat the idiot Reid.

Guy, I heard this song before. It was 1997, and we heard all about Lewinsky and Bhuddist Monks and how Clinton was all so corrupt.

And at the end of the day, the Voters yawned, voted out some of the Congressmen who were making a big deal about it.

The opinion polls show you guys are the only ones who care if the "Teabagger Patriots on 9/12" got their Tax exemption or not.

I'm sure law abiding gun owners will have forgotten the Democrat's attacking their Freedoms and labeling them gun nuts by 2014... Won't they?

I am quite sure that, as a gun owner, I will not vote for anyone supported by the NRA. They have made the arming of the crazies for the profit of the gun manufacturers their primary goal. And, since the GOP dances to their tune, I will vote for no one with that label. There are a great many people out here that feel the same way.

No freedoms have been attacked, and you people are gun nuts. 32,000 Americans a year die by firearms, almost 10,000 of that is homocides. And all too many of the rest are children killed by the firearms their parents have carelessly left loaded where they can get at them.

Why? Are you so eager to see the end of the United States? With control over the House, Republicans have managed to oppose almost every significant measure to help the country, I can't imagine what they would do if they controlled the Senate, too. They are a bunch of lunatics, (ha ha ha ha ha :laugh2:) and I hope enough people realize it and don't allow them to take control - their only goal will be to destroy Obama (no.., we want to destroy the entire democRAT regime, NOT just your messiah !) and they don't care if they take the country down too, while doing it.

exactly what has been blocked that would benefit this country ?

i too hope enough people realize that demos have done more to ruin this once great country and don't allow them to take control; e.g., ""we just want you to stop smoking on airplanes""<--------<<< denied freedom !! look at where we are now when it comes to smokers rights !!

how about that ? a RED voter exposed.., RED as in COMMIE !!

I am quite sure that, as a gun owner, I will not vote for anyone supported by the NRA. They have made the arming of the crazies for the profit of the gun manufacturers their primary goal. And, since the GOP dances to their tune, I will vote for no one with that label. There are a great many people out here that feel the same way.

No freedoms have been attacked, and you people are gun nuts. 32,000 Americans a year die by firearms, almost 10,000 of that is homocides. And all too many of the rest are children killed by the firearms their parents have carelessly left loaded where they can get at them.

How many die from car accidents or medical malpractice? should we ban cars and doctors?

when did you begin to lose working brain cells? sounds like at one time you were a rational thinking human being.

How many die from car accidents or medical malpractice? should we ban cars and doctors?

when did you begin to lose working brain cells? sounds like at one time you were a rational thinking human being.

I have a general policy that anyone who says "I am a gun owner. I am pro 2A. My gun isn't the problem. Those other crazy guys with their {blank] guns, they're the problem!" is an asshole and an enemy of the 2A.
In the case of old nuts it isn't a theory but an established fact.

If the present trends continue, there will be more deaths from firearms in the US in 2015 than from auto accidents.

Most people need autos for work and leisure. Very few have an actual need of a gun. And all too many that own guns have little idea of what gun safety means. We see that in the weekly toll of children killed with the guns their parents left loaded where the children could pick them up.

A gun is an extremely dangerous tool, designed for only one purpose, to kill. The guns I own, hunting guns, were designed to kill animals for food. They can also be used effectively for protection. The semi-automatic assault weopons with the large magazines were designed specifically for killing people in large numbers. And they do so effectively, as has been demostrated all too many times in this nation.

After the next Sandy Hook, you gun nuts may find yourselves not only outvoted, but held in deep revulsion by the majority of the people in this nation.

I have a general policy that anyone who says "I am a gun owner. I am pro 2A. My gun isn't the problem. Those other crazy guys with their {blank] guns, they're the problem!" is an asshole and an enemy of the 2A.

Assholes like you are going to be put out of business when the inevitable results of the policies of arming the crazies reachs fruitation.

Assholes like you are going to be put out of business when the inevitable results of the policies of arming the crazies reachs fruitation.

That might have had some relevance in January but in late May after gun control failed utterly and miserably on the federal level it is wishful thinking. Nay, delusional.

If the present trends continue, there will be more deaths from firearms in the US in 2015 than from auto accidents.

Most people need autos for work and leisure. Very few have an actual need of a gun. And all too many that own guns have little idea of what gun safety means. We see that in the weekly toll of children killed with the guns their parents left loaded where the children could pick them up.

A gun is an extremely dangerous tool, designed for only one purpose, to kill. The guns I own, hunting guns, were designed to kill animals for food. They can also be used effectively for protection. The semi-automatic assault weopons with the large magazines were designed specifically for killing people in large numbers. And they do so effectively, as has been demostrated all too many times in this nation.

After the next Sandy Hook, you gun nuts may find yourselves not only outvoted, but held in deep revulsion by the majority of the people in this nation.

mental illness was the cause of the murders at Sandy Hook. The gun was just the implement, it could have been a bomb or poison gas.

Mental illness must be addressed, the mentally ill should be taken off the streets. We need to forget PC and get these people in safe places where they cannot hurt themselves or others.

And here we see it again. Guns, God, and Gays. That is the GOP message. And the death knell of the GOP.

totally wrong. the message is individual freedom and individual accountability.

the message of the dem/libs is more govt intrusion into every aspect of our lives, higher taxes, less freedom. the dem party is dying today because of that flawed message.

Yes, I think they have finally learned how the game is played today.
No they haven't. The Senate will remain in Democrat hands because the GOP does not have the nutsack to actually take on the Dems and the media.

Yes, I think they have finally learned how the game is played today.
No they haven't. The Senate will remain in Democrat hands because the GOP does not have the nutsack to actually take on the Dems and the media.

Cruz, Paul, Rubio, Ryan, Cantor, and others are doing that right now. The new young GOP is coming to life and telling the truth.

Plus, the media is over its honeymoon with obama. They are tired of being lied to and spied on.

Forum List

Back