Can I still put white sheets on my bed? ...Or, no?

I have a question for liberals. What if the guy had been waving the American flag in his pictures, would you demand that flag be removed from every location in which it flies? If not, why not?
. Liberal Democrats are signing petitions right now to ban the American flag. There is a video on you tube showing it. The new design has a pyramid and a rainbow.

Yea but thats one lone shark in the ocean. The push against the battle flag of north virginia is nationwide, especially hard in the south.

From snopes:

FACT: The Confederate Battle Flag today finds itself in the center of much controversy and hoopla going on in several states. The cry to take this flag down is unjustified. It is very important to keep in mind that the Confederate Battle Flag was simply just that. A battle flag. It was never even a National flag, so how could it have flown over a slave nation or represented slavery or racism? This myth is continued by lack of education and ignorance. Those that vilify the Confederate Battle Flag are very confused about history and have jumped upon a bandwagon with loose wheels.
Read more at The Truth about Confederate History Part 1 snopes.com

Add to this the fact that this battle flag was designed and put into use in 1861, almost two years before the Emancipation Proclamation inserted a racial aspect to what had been a War over sovereignty. So not only was it not a national flag, it didn't have a race-based origin either.

I have a question for liberals. What if the guy had been waving the American flag in his pictures, would you demand that flag be removed from every location in which it flies? If not, why not?
. Liberal Democrats are signing petitions right now to ban the American flag. There is a video on you tube showing it. The new design has a pyramid and a rainbow.

::: click:::
::: click:::
::::: CLICK ::::::

-- Link doesn't seem to work. But that reminds me, Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Mitch McConnell and Sarah Palin held a joint news conference introducing a bill that will let us eat babies. "There's a video on YouTube showing it".

:rolleyes:

The latest crusade from the 'tolerant' liberal left, seems to be the good ol' Confederate flag! Imagine that? All the assorted problems we have out there and the one thing liberals have chosen to make the "Issue of the Moment" is something they believe they can goad the right into a "racial" stand-off about. Who ever saw something like that coming?

With all the talk about how the Confederate flag is somehow a "symbol of racist hate" I have to ask, am I still allowed to use white sheets on my bed? Because I really do like the white sheets, always have preferred them. 100% cotton and mother-fucking high thread count. Egyptian cotton are The Best!

But... I really don't know if it is appropriate anymore. White sheets are clearly a "symbol of racist hate" as much as the Confederate battle flag. So are pickup trucks and mullets, but I am mainly concerned about the white sheets. I don't want to offend anyone... what if I brought home a lady of a different race and she saw my white sheets and freaked out? I would never forgive myself for being so politically incorrect! So I really do need some input from radical liberal lefties on this... ARE white sheets still okay?

As for the Confederate battle flag... I don't care, take it down, erase it from all the history books... pretend it never existed. After all, we don't allow people to run around waving the Swastika flag anymore... oh wait, we do? Yes, we call that "freedom of speech" and we tolerate it. But the Confederate flag, even though it has been hijacked by racist hate groups and turned into a symbol of racial hate, is a different story. You see, it can be politically used to get some stupid republican to say something really stupid and libs can turn that into "republican calls for return to slavery" and destroy them. So yeah, get rid of it... burn it... forget about it.

But... the white sheets? ...Yes or no?

Yes, you can still use white sheets. Hell, you can even wear them on your head, or as a gown.

Diversion? No, I am trying to decipher your formula for determining the race of voters based on total vote percentage. You never explained it, you just said "it works out to" which doesn't tell me a thing. How does Romney's 42.5% of the vote "work out to" 88% white people?

121107_POL_DemographicsOfVoters_Chart.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

LMFAO... You obviously never comprehended how to read graphs and statistics either.

Let me ask you something here... If Romney had 88% of the white vote, how did Obama have 56% of the white vote? Do the math, I know you can add... you will see this totals more than 100%. So you can see here clearly, Romney certainly DID NOT get 88% of the white vote.

The graph is showing us the percentages relative to the total votes each candidate received. Obama's support was more diverse, that is the point and the context here. You have misinterpreted it grossly to make an insanely stupid statement.

The graph makes perfect sense once he clarified what he meant. Rather than "Romney got 90% of the white vote" he meant "Romney's vote was 90% white" -- which the graph more than adequately illustrates.

The point, once clarified, is clear: Romneyvote = monolithic; Obamavote = diverse.

Yet you don't seem to understand it either. One more for your list of mysteries. :dunno:

I never said the graph didn't make sense or wasn't accurate. Pubes claimed that Romney "got over 90% of the white vote" and I have posted that direct quote above. That was the statement I challenged and he presented the graph to show. Well, the graph does not show that.

Again, I want to point out... When people of character and integrity make an error like this, they are generally the first people to admit their mistake and apologize. I've done it numerous times myself. Instead of that, Pubes decided to double-down on the insults and put downs and pretend that I was just too stupid to get it. He has continued to defiantly refuse to admit his mistake. He never clarified anything, he just simply changed his argument and pretended he never made the original claim.

Yes... agreed that Obama's votes were more diverse... BUT... he couldn't have won the presidency without 41% of the white vote or IF Romney got 90% of the white vote.

And also... I challenge the whole concept of "white votes" because there are no "white" people anymore. We all have some racial ethnicity in our past of some kind, no one is pure white. So at what point to we delineate between a "white" person and something else? As I said, I am Choctaw, Cherokee, Creole, Asian and Germanic Black Dutch... how much more "ethnicity" do I need to not be white? Should we develop a skin pigmentation test to determine what people are so that we can discriminate properly or place people in their appropriate stereotypical boxes?

Diversion? No, I am trying to decipher your formula for determining the race of voters based on total vote percentage. You never explained it, you just said "it works out to" which doesn't tell me a thing. How does Romney's 42.5% of the vote "work out to" 88% white people?

121107_POL_DemographicsOfVoters_Chart.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

LMFAO... You obviously never comprehended how to read graphs and statistics either.

Let me ask you something here... If Romney had 88% of the white vote, how did Obama have 56% of the white vote? Do the math, I know you can add... you will see this totals more than 100%. So you can see here clearly, Romney certainly DID NOT get 88% of the white vote.

The graph is showing us the percentages relative to the total votes each candidate received. Obama's support was more diverse, that is the point and the context here. You have misinterpreted it grossly to make an insanely stupid statement.

The graph makes perfect sense once he clarified what he meant. Rather than "Romney got 90% of the white vote" he meant "Romney's vote was 90% white" -- which the graph more than adequately illustrates.

The point, once clarified, is clear: Romneyvote = monolithic; Obamavote = diverse.

Yet you don't seem to understand it either. One more for your list of mysteries. :dunno:

I never said the graph didn't make sense or wasn't accurate. Pubes claimed that Romney "got over 90% of the white vote" and I have posted that direct quote above. That was the statement I challenged and he presented the graph to show. Well, the graph does not show that.

Again, I want to point out... When people of character and integrity make an error like this, they are generally the first people to admit their mistake and apologize. I've done it numerous times myself. Instead of that, Pubes decided to double-down on the insults and put downs and pretend that I was just too stupid to get it. He has continued to defiantly refuse to admit his mistake. He never clarified anything, he just simply changed his argument and pretended he never made the original claim.

Yes... agreed that Obama's votes were more diverse... BUT... he couldn't have won the presidency without 41% of the white vote or IF Romney got 90% of the white vote.

And also... I challenge the whole concept of "white votes" because there are no "white" people anymore. We all have some racial ethnicity in our past of some kind, no one is pure white. So at what point to we delineate between a "white" person and something else? As I said, I am Choctaw, Cherokee, Creole, Asian and Germanic Black Dutch... how much more "ethnicity" do I need to not be white? Should we develop a skin pigmentation test to determine what people are so that we can discriminate properly or place people in their appropriate stereotypical boxes?

Look dood --- I challenged him on that number, and he clarified to my satisfaction.
How come you're trying so desperately hard to not get it? Would actually understanding something damage your carefully crafted reputation? :rofl:

Look dood --- I challenged him on that number, and he clarified to my satisfaction.
How come you're trying so desperately hard to not get it? Would actually understanding something damage your carefully crafted reputation? :rofl:

Pubes made the statement that Romney got 90% of the white vote and I challenged his claim. He then proceeded to "explain" how Romney's total percentage of the vote "works out to" 88% of the white people voting for him. I challenged him again and he produced a graphic that shows the breakdown of votes for each candidate, not the percentage of whites who voted for Romney. THEN he cleverly tried to augment the argument to pretend he had said something different and that I am "too stupid" to get it.

What I get is, his original statement was incorrect, as I said it was. I also get that he is a person who has no character or integrity because he won't admit his error. Now you line up to defend him and that makes you a person of low character as well, by association. It's not MY reputation in question here, I was right... Romney did NOT get 90% of the white vote, if he had we'd be calling him President.

Pubes made the statement that Romney got 90% of the white vote and I challenged his claim. He then proceeded to "explain" how Romney's total percentage of the vote "works out to" 88% of the white people voting for him. I challenged him again and he produced a graphic that shows the breakdown of votes for each candidate, not the percentage of whites who voted for Romney. THEN he cleverly tried to augment the argument to pretend he had said something different and that I am "too stupid" to get it.

What I get is, his original statement was incorrect, as I said it was. I also get that he is a person who has no character or integrity because he won't admit his error. Now you line up to defend him and that makes you a person of low character as well, by association. It's not MY reputation in question here, I was right... Romney did NOT get 90% of the white vote, if he had we'd be calling him President.

I put pathological liars like you on ignore. YOU ARE ON IGNORE, LIAR!
!

Forum List

Back