Can Pres. Donald Be Imprisoned In NY Prison?

When NY officials open the books on Trump's businesses and charity, they might find enough wrongdoings to convict Trump of crimes punishable by imprisonment. Can a former President or one convicted while in office be sent to a state prison? Would his Secret Service protection have to go to prison also?

And yet you still demonstrate how dumb and shallow you libtards are. I know when you think about it you get hard, so to answer the question yeah, I’m thinking he can go to jail in New York. These days anything is possible. And at that point what would trump have to lose? What would stop him from making all of the classified shit on the Boooosh and Clinton clan public? Maybe declassifying all of the classified parts of Mewlers past and present cases? You said your self that Trump is unstable. What would stop him from making life suck with his own and his phone for the token negro and his family? On top of that, you assume he is just sitting there tweeting? That you even ask the question demonstrates that you are on the couch watching TV way to much.

Articles of impeachment are your only hope until 2020.
No, not true. He could be removed for his moronic idiocy or resign.
nope got to go through impeachment proceedings first. you thnk 67 senators will remove him after? really? you do live with your head in a hole.
Have you ever read the 25th Amendment?
nope, i've heard of it. what exactly is he incapable of?
Word is incapacitated. Means a person is unable to perform due to a physical or mental disability. Means if a Presidenr has some kind of mental melt down he can be declared "incapacitated".

When NY officials open the books on Trump's businesses and charity, they might find enough wrongdoings to convict Trump of crimes punishable by imprisonment. Can a former President or one convicted while in office be sent to a state prison? Would his Secret Service protection have to go to prison also?
Still stuck on the election I see

mt-pleasant.jpg

And yet you still demonstrate how dumb and shallow you libtards are. I know when you think about it you get hard, so to answer the question yeah, I’m thinking he can go to jail in New York. These days anything is possible. And at that point what would trump have to lose? What would stop him from making all of the classified shit on the Boooosh and Clinton clan public? Maybe declassifying all of the classified parts of Mewlers past and present cases? You said your self that Trump is unstable. What would stop him from making life suck with his own and his phone for the token negro and his family? On top of that, you assume he is just sitting there tweeting? That you even ask the question demonstrates that you are on the couch watching TV way to much.
I did not call Trump unstable. You did.

I don't think there is a question that an ex-President can be tried and convicted in a court of law and sentenced to prison.

.>>>>
OK, for what exactly?

I don't understand the question, you are asking what crime was charged and convicted in your hypothetical?

For example, If Bill Clinton uses a 10mm piston and robs a 7-11 and it is caught on video tape and there is DNA evidence because he's seen spitting on the sidewalk outside.

I don't think there is any question that if arrested, tried in a court of law, convicted, and sentenced to prison that is a valid series of events. You don't get to commit crimes just because you are an ex-President. Now as to his Secret Service detail - that would be between them and the state (or federal) prison system as they would still have the responsibility for protecting the ex-President. (Could see a private suite in the prison with limited or no interaction with the general population.)

.>>>>

I did not call Trump unstable. You did.
You are insane.

nope got to go through impeachment proceedings first. you thnk 67 senators will remove him after? really? you do live with your head in a hole.
Word is incapacitated. Means a person is unable to perform due to a physical or mental disability. Means if a Presidenr has some kind of mental melt down he can be declared "incapacitated".

You go ahead and throw some pennies into your fountain and "wish".

yep, so what for or from?

You can't even INDICT a sitting President.

I would disagree with that, a sitting President can be indicted. However trial cannot proceed while in office. Either they must be removed through impeachment and then tried or tried after they leave office.

.>>>>
So you ignore the 25th Amendment?

Please point out the section, and please be specific, that I ignored?

.>>>>
Sec 4, can't be more specific than whar rhe Amendment and Sec. 4 says.

Quasi related: So, does anyone else see the irony that The National Inquirer is being called into NY talk about the Trump Foundation using foundation money to pay for "personal expenses" -- meanwhile the MSM is going on and on about how Trump paying off women through the National Inquirer is a "campaign expense"??

Section 4. Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

What part says a President can be indicted?

As I said before, due to separation of powers I don't think the President can be tried in an court until impeached and removed by Congress.

So what part conflicts with those opinions?

(Remember indictment and convictions/imprisonment are two different things.)

.>>>>

Section 4. Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

What part says a President can be indicted?

As I said before, due to separation of powers I don't think the President can be tried in an court until impeached and removed by Congress.

So what part conflicts with those opinions?

(Remember indictment and convictions/imprisonment are two different things.)

.>>>>
I'm sorry I did not mean to imply the Amendment allowed for indictment. Means a President may be removed from office in a way other than impeachment or resignation. As you suggested, once removed he becomes eligible for indictment without question.

Quasi related: So, does anyone else see the irony that The National Inquirer is being called into NY talk about the Trump Foundation using foundation money to pay for "personal expenses" -- meanwhile the MSM is going on and on about how Trump paying off women through the National Inquirer is a "campaign expense"??
Probably be something for a jury or decide. If a jury finds him guilty, and he is no longer in office, can he be sent to an NY prison?

No president can be tried while in office.

Any president can be tried after serving, and any president convicted after serving can be sent to jail.

Presidents are not above the law.

Probably be something for a jury or decide. If a jury finds him guilty, and he is no longer in office, can he be sent to an NY prison?

I don't see why not, I mean having once been the president doesn't give you an automatic get out of jail free card for any crime you commit (unless you're Clinton anyway :p)

However, I think you missed what I was saying...

No president can be tried while in office.

Any president can be tried after serving, and any president convicted after serving can be sent to jail.

Presidents are not above the law.
Look how many posts and pages it took to answer such a simple question.

I don't think there is a question that an ex-President can be tried and convicted in a court of law and sentenced to prison.

.>>>>
OK, for what exactly?

I don't understand the question, you are asking what crime was charged and convicted in your hypothetical?

For example, If Bill Clinton uses a 10mm piston and robs a 7-11 and it is caught on video tape and there is DNA evidence because he's seen spitting on the sidewalk outside.

I don't think there is any question that if arrested, tried in a court of law, convicted, and sentenced to prison that is a valid series of events. You don't get to commit crimes just because you are an ex-President. Now as to his Secret Service detail - that would be between them and the state (or federal) prison system as they would still have the responsibility for protecting the ex-President. (Could see a private suite in the prison with limited or no interaction with the general population.)

.>>>>

That's a lot of ifs... none of which will ever happen so I don't see your point.

Forum List

Back