Secret Service is planning for Trump to be jailed

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America

As former President Donald Trump faces a historic criminal trial in Manhattan, the U.S. Secret Service is grappling with the unprecedented scenario of potentially having to protect him in prison.

The trial, which began last week, involves Trump being charged with 34 felony counts of falsifying business records to cover up a sex scandal. It marks the first time a former U.S. president has faced criminal prosecution.

The New York Times reported that, behind the scenes, officials from the Secret Service and other law enforcement agencies had held preliminary discussions about the logistics of protecting Trump if he were to be incarcerated. These talks were sparked by prosecutors' request to consider the possibility of jailing Trump for contempt during the trial, even before a verdict is reached.

The Times noted that the Secret Service faces a "logistical nightmare of safely incarcerating" Trump.

"Obviously, it’s uncharted territory," said Martin F. Horn, a former high-ranking official in New York’s state prison system. "Certainly no state prison system has had to deal with this before, and no federal prison has had to either."

'Logistical nightmare': NY Times reveals Secret Service is planning for Trump to be jailed

It sounds like a daunting task - but one I hope they have to deal with - in a real prison! What do you think?

Last edited:

As former President Donald Trump faces a historic criminal trial in Manhattan, the U.S. Secret Service is grappling with the unprecedented scenario of potentially having to protect him in prison.

The trial, which began last week, involves Trump being charged with 34 felony counts of falsifying business records to cover up a sex scandal. It marks the first time a former U.S. president has faced criminal prosecution.

The New York Times reported that, behind the scenes, officials from the Secret Service and other law enforcement agencies had held preliminary discussions about the logistics of protecting Trump if he were to be incarcerated. These talks were sparked by prosecutors' request to consider the possibility of jailing Trump for contempt during the trial, even before a verdict is reached.

The Times noted that the Secret Service faces a "logistical nightmare of safely incarcerating" Trump.

"Obviously, it’s uncharted territory," said Martin F. Horn, a former high-ranking official in New York’s state prison system. "Certainly no state prison system has had to deal with this before, and no federal prison has had to either."

'Logistical nightmare': NY Times reveals Secret Service is planning for Trump to be jailed

It sounds like a daunting task - but one I hope they have to deal with - in a real prison! What do you think?

Biden is who they truly need to worry about.

The poor SS. Imagine having to find out you are going to serve a prison sentence because the douchebag you are protecting will be sentenced.

I can image a lot will be putting in for early retirement.

Are you worried about Trump's safety?

That just warms my heart.

The poor SS. Imagine having to find out you are going to serve a prison sentence because the douchebag you are protecting will be sentenced.

I can image a lot will be putting in for early retirement.
You can imagine very very much. Problem is you then declare it reality

1713906032278.jpeg

People make non disclosure agreements all the time so their spouse and family dont find out. Democrats here have to prove that Trump made a non discloure agreement, NOT for that reason, but that it was SOLEY for a presidential campaign. Plus that wasnt campaign money, so they have nothing but lies and accusations, that he's actually not even being charged for.
Democrats are dragging our nation through the mud because of their hate for one man, they did not want to see overturn Obama policies.

I suspect if found guilty Trump is not going to spend time in prison. He will more than likely get a form of house arrest. Being stuck at MarALago unable to play golf, unable to use social media, unable to leave to premise limited to who he can interact with and have an ankle monitor attached is how I see imprisonment if that is his outcome.

Forum List

Back