Should we take cell phones out of school? Is it even possible anymore?

30 years and counting, fraud.
actually, close to 30 (this is my 29th). But one year I was only an administrator and not in the classroom. You call me a fraud and have no data. I have a full time job and experience you don't have. You really are jealous.

Think what you want...
Meanwhile, for anyone who is curious, here is a picture of me at the desk in the main office that I took over

1714747085725.png

and here is one of my classes from a couple of years ago
1714747137333.png

and then back in COVID days
1714747375142.png

but hey, call me whatever you want.

Posting photos of students without the express, written permission of the parents of each and every one = illegal.

Unless someone used a stock photo from public domain......hmmmm......

Posting photos of students without the express, written permission of the parents of each and every one = illegal.

Why are you being suck a DICK?

Think what you want...
I've taught 39 years, this is my 40th.
He Unkotare has called me a hypocrite (for some reason) multiple times.

I find technology very useful in class for SOME activities.
I am fortunate to teach in a district that supplies a classroom laptop for EVERY student.

My Opinion, whatever necessary school activities they could do on their cell phone they could do easier on the laptop. So, even though they have a cell phone in their possession, when using technology in the classroom, my class will use a Laptop and NOT their cell phone.

But if it's working for you, I don't have a problem with that, and wish you continued success.

nope, my students, my class, with permission. More you know nothing about. Got it.

But if it's working for you, I don't have a problem with that, and wish you continued success.
it is a tool and if you can channel a tool towards a desired end (which might also be "learning how to use the tool") then you can coopt it. It doesn't mean all the time or everyday because, as any teacher knows, you need a thousand possible approaches to choose from and see which one works on any given day. Some exercises require no technology at all, some can be augmented by its use and some demand using tech properly. The middle group is the dangerous one, but like coopting any other technology, it is a necessary hallmark of a successful teacher.

Many years ago, I had a student who was doodling. Well, drawing very detailed pictures (me as Dr. Frankenstein's creation...) but he was paying attention. Some students need one sense to be occupied for another to be freed. You have to learn what the students need to succeed and often, access to a phone is part of that equation.

I am fortunate to teach in a district that supplies a classroom laptop for EVERY student.

In our district, every student is issued a laptop they keep and take home with them to do homework assignments and such. They still want to use their cell phones in class.

Forum List

Back