Can Pres. Donald Be Imprisoned In NY Prison?

When NY officials open the books on Trump's businesses and charity, they might find enough wrongdoings to convict Trump of crimes punishable by imprisonment. Can a former President or one convicted while in office be sent to a state prison? Would his Secret Service protection have to go to prison also?

While President, he may not be tried, convicted or imprisoned for any crimes. It would have to be after he is out of office.

In this liberal fairytale world, does Trump shank the biggest and baddest dude in the prison yard on his first day to get the respect of the other inmates?

When NY officials open the books on Trump's businesses and charity, they might find enough wrongdoings to convict Trump of crimes punishable by imprisonment. Can a former President or one convicted while in office be sent to a state prison? Would his Secret Service protection have to go to prison also?

And WHY would they be looking into Trump's businesses and charities, Jackass? Just what has this to do one bit with what was supposed to be about Russia and an election? Did they turn Bill Clinton's personal life inside out over the Lewinsky hearings? Break into his offices, steal computers, harass former associates? Nope. It was about his official conduct as PRESIDENT. Just remember before you celebrate too much, what can go around can come around, and when the Deep State is empowered with ABSOLUTE power over a person's life, even a president's---- JUST TO STOP HIM FROM INVESTIGATING YOU (and don't pretend we don't all know that this is what this is about), then we no longer have a republic ruled by law and you better start liking bananas.

So, the debate seems to hinge on whether a President can be indicted or imprisoned while in office, but that does not answer the question about him going to jail after leaving office.

So, the debate seems to hinge on whether a President can be indicted or imprisoned while in office, but that does not answer the question about him going to jail after leaving office.

For what crimes would you like him to be incarcerated when he leaves office?

Yes a former president can be convicted and convicted.

No a sitting President cannot be convicted and sent to prison. He would have to be impeached first and convicted by the Senate resulting in removal from office. At that point as an ex-President he can be tried in a state court.

.>>>>

open your crystal ball.

Articles of impeachment are your only hope until 2020.
No, not true. He could be removed for his moronic idiocy or resign.

No he can't and we both know he won't resign.
25th Amendment allows for a moronic idiot to be removed from office if moronic idiocy is judged as incapacitating.

Yeah, OK. Good luck with that. You fools need to get over yourselves... Hillary lost, deal with it.. it's been over 500 days.

You can't even INDICT a sitting President.

I would disagree with that, a sitting President can be indicted. However trial cannot proceed while in office. Either they must be removed through impeachment and then tried or tried after they leave office.

.>>>>

Can Obama go to prison for allowing Russia to rig the 2016 POTUS election, since he knew about it 4 months prior to the election?

Seems to me that’s colluding with Russia to rig the election, and Obama is no longer President.

I don't think there is a question that an ex-President can be tried and convicted in a court of law and sentenced to prison.

.>>>>

nope got to go through impeachment proceedings first. you thnk 67 senators will remove him after? really? you do live with your head in a hole.
Have you ever read the 25th Amendment?
nope, i've heard of it. what exactly is he incapable of?

again,

booming economy
less unemployment across all races and gender
SCOTUS
got NK to the table to denuclearize,
got free trade proposal with EU
working on China
did I mention less unemployment dollars and welfare/ food stamp dollars?

nope got to go through impeachment proceedings first. you thnk 67 senators will remove him after? really? you do live with your head in a hole.
Have you ever read the 25th Amendment?
nope, i've heard of it. what exactly is he incapable of?

Incapable of being tolerated by the tolerant left.

You can't even INDICT a sitting President.

I would disagree with that, a sitting President can be indicted. However trial cannot proceed while in office. Either they must be removed through impeachment and then tried or tried after they leave office.

.>>>>
So you ignore the 25th Amendment?

Please point out the section, and please be specific, that I ignored?

.>>>>

Forum List

Back