Can Sarah Palin Win? ...You betchya!

Palin cannot even in elected office in Alaska. She will never hold elected office again

But why would she want to? She can make millions throwing one liners at ultr-conservatives and have no responsibility for what she says

Say what you will about her, whenever her bus pulls into town, thousands are there to see her, and this happens all over the country, wherever she goes. The woman is the only personality in America who can Twitter something, and make the evening news.

The right. Wing is top heavy with aging white males and Palin's popularity underlines that fact. I guess a big butt and a smile goes a long way in the " conservative" camp these days
'cause that's about all she has.

palin-tyrant-bucks.jpg

Who would vote for Sarah?

would that "do" be considered "big hair" like a beehive?

Palin cannot even in elected office in Alaska. She will never hold elected office again

But why would she want to? She can make millions throwing one liners at ultr-conservatives and have no responsibility for what she says

exactly, although Roger Ailes at Fox/Murdoch TV new contract wasn't good enough for her so she left. She have any income now?

Last edited:
No way. She is the female equivalent of Obama. Charismatic, can fire up a crowd, confident public speaker, but clueless when it comes to running the country/state.

I like her role now, but I wouldn't want her leading the country!

We have other and better.
Ryan, Paul, Rubio, Cruz, Jindal, Martinez, Christie, Cain etc.

I know this will provoke the lefties to come out of the woodwork and perform the familiar Sarah-bashing ritual, which always accompanies the mention of her name in politics. I know that so-called righties will weigh in to tell us how Palin is inadequate and unsuitable as a candidate. And I fully realize, such a candidacy would draw fire from the left, center, and right, like no one else who could be nominated. That's why it should be Sarah Palin!

The more I listen to her speak, the more I am convinced she is the voice conservatives need. Yeah, I know a lot of people don't like her, but a lot of people don't like Obama, right? A lot of people HATED Ronald Reagan. Generally speaking, the more the other side hates your guy/gal, the more it proves you've got the right person. There is no one on the right the left hates more than Sarah Palin, since George Bush can't run again. I say, GO FOR IT!

Let's nominate Palin, and maybe have Palin add Rand Paul or Marco Rubio as VP, and let's see what she can do? I think she could do very well, especially if she learns to deal with the left's constant attacks. What Reagan did, was pop them in the kisser with their own rhetoric. He would turn their criticism into a moment of levity with an incontrovertible sense of humor, and that's what Palin needs to do as well. When they launch a personal salvo attack, respond by turning it into humor, then quickly fire back about 3-4 conservative platform points, and move on. Eventually, what starts to happen (it did with Reagan) is the 'attacks' no longer work, and the public becomes more interested in the humorous response to the attacks. When the polls start dramatically shifting, they change strategy quickly, and the personal attacks stop.

Once this weapon is removed from the left, they will begin to attack Palin on policy ideas, and this is where I think Palin would change perceptions about her knowledge and ability to understand the problems we face as a nation, and how to deal with them. Let's face it, this is currently her biggest knock. Because we are stuck in this perpetual personal attack cycle, her ideas and knowledge are largely ignored. But if she can ever overcome that, which I fully believe she can if she follows Regan's model, then she could certainly end up being a conservative juggernaut. No one else on the right, even comes close in terms of appeal and charisma.

The left hates her, makes fun of her, even DARE the right to run her! The indies and elites, dislike her, because she is a populist who doesn't really concern herself with party politics. The libertarian conservatives suffer from brain damage, and can only vote for Gary Johnson or people with the last name, Paul. None of these types are EVER going to support Sarah Palin, she can't WIN their support, it's not possible. It's like Obama winning the racist Hillary vote, it's not going to happen, but it doesn't matter.

I honestly think, we should give the liberal lefties what they want, and run Sarah Palin! Especially, if we can give her a majority conservative congress in the process. Certainly Sarah is smart enough to sign legislation, and that's really most of what she would be doing. As for decisions regarding foreign policy and the middle east, I think she can do as good of a job as the current bunch has done, she certainly couldn't screw it up more.

Besides, I would PAY to see a Palin-Hillary debate!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeMypXCUWMw]CNN Laughs It Up Over Sarah Palin Interview - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
I know political hacks like polls when they please them and blow them off when they don't like the results. So in the spirit of the previous statement.

In a CNN/ORC Poll. March 15-17, 2013 poll Palin's approval rating came in at 34% and her disapproval rating was 58%.
Political Figures: P

Plus every poll I have seen, Alaska doesn't love Sarah. But if Sarah ran in a solid Red State, maybe she could win some sort of local election.

Ahhh polls, love em' or hate em'.

I think Todd Palin would have a better chance at the presidency than his wife. Sarah is NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME.

I think he's a little preoccupied with his whip & gun.....

"On the 2008 campaign trail, one close aide recalls, it was practically impossible to persuade Palin to take a moment to thank the kitchen workers at fund-raising dinners. During the campaign, Palin lashed out at the slightest provocation, sometimes screaming at staff members and throwing objects. Witnessing such behavior, one aide asked Todd Palin if it was typical of his wife. He answered, “You just got to let her go through it… Half the stuff that comes out of her mouth she doesn’t even mean.” When a campaign aide gingerly asked Todd whether Sarah should consider taking psychiatric medication to control her moods, Todd responded that she “just needed to run and work out more.” Her anger kept boiling over, however, and eventually the fits of rage came every day. Then, just as suddenly, her temper would be gone. Palin would apologize and promise to be nicer. Within hours, she would be screaming again. At the end of one long day, when Palin was mid-tirade, a campaign aide remembers thinking, “You were an angel all night. Now you’re a devil. Where did this come from?”

Say what you will about her, whenever her bus pulls into town, thousands are there to see her......

Yeah....they really benefit from all her "intellectual stimulation"!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKKKgua7wQk]SARAH PALIN BOOK SIGNING - Interviews with Supporters - YouTube[/ame]​

No way. She is the female equivalent of Obama. Charismatic, can fire up a crowd, confident public speaker, but clueless when it comes to running the country/state.

I like her role now, but I wouldn't want her leading the country!

We have other and better.
Ryan, Paul, Rubio, Cruz, Jindal, Martinez, Christie, Cain etc.

I think you misjudge Palin, based largely on leftist rhetoric and distortion. She is more like the female equivalent to Reagan.

On "leading the country" ...I once believed the president needed to be someone well-qualified to run the country, then I lived through the Obama administration. I now realize the president is largely a figurehead, and most of the "running" is done by congress. I have no problem whatsoever, with Palin serving as President. I think she would do just fine, and to be honest, it would be worth electing her, JUST for the expressions on the faces of shocked liberals. Can you imagine the exploding heads?

I think that Palin is popular, but the people of Alaska will remember that she quit as governor to follow the money.
actually that's a good thing. And she quit because all the libtards were throwing frivolous law suits at her making it difficult to do her job.

Resignation of Sarah Palin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Anchorage Daily News reported that much of the $1.9 million cost cited by Palin consisted of the regular salaries of state employees who would have to be paid, regardless

However, the Governor's spokesperson said that in order to respond to the ethics complaints, staffers from multiple state agencies had had to set aside their normal duties, state lawyers had been pulled off other cases resulting in "lost value to the state", and "hundreds of thousands of dollars" had been spent on outside legal counsel and equipment

Here's a prime example of what I was talking about. The left successfully controlled the conversation about Palin's resignation. Because it wasn't countered, it was allowed to continue, in an echo chamber of public opinion, we now have bold-ass liberals proclaiming, as if it were fact, that she just up and quit her job so she could cash in.

This is the kind of thing, when it happens, she needs to turn it into a joke on them, make them look like fools for raising the issue. Then, after thoroughly shredding them, fire off 3-4 good conservative points, and move on... and I guarantee, this would END the personal attacks. This was how Reagan handled them, and it worked his entire political career.

You have to be able to know how to handle a liberal, and Reagan played them like a Stradivarius. No one recalls all the breathless op-eds from liberals, so concerned with Reagan's age, you know he would be the oldest person we ever elected president... blah blah blah... No one remembers how this was a big deal to liberals, and they were trying to do the same thing they are doing to Palin now, but what they do remember, is the comment Reagan made to Mondale in the debates, about not holding his opponent's youth and inexperience against him. That pretty much ENDED the attacks over his age. *BOOM*

The one-two punch... Make them look like fools for raising a silly issue, then hit on major points of your message, and move on. Don't let it fester, don't allow them to control the conversation, don't get trapped into back and forth drama, just pop them in the kisser with humor and levity, make them look stupid, hit on your key points, and move along. I think Palin has the right personality for this, I always have.

(My bold)

Yah, well, except that the media were right to raise the age issue. Prexy Reagan, before he was carefully interred & our memory of him scrubbed shiny bright yet again - Remember Iran-Contra? Remeber his NSC was running his own little private foreign policy, violating the Constitution, swapping arms for hostages with Iran yet - Did we ever get anybody back from that particular fiasco? - propping up murderers/rapists/torturers in C. America (the George Washingtons of C. America!), raising $ from every wild-eyed, over-monied far-Rightest they could chat up? Yes, yes, after all the pardons from Bush pere, the commutated sentences, the failure to impeach Reagan & cause Bush pere's, W's, Cheney's, Rumsfeldt's, & so many other second-rate minds' careers to go into the ash heap of history - yes, we get the re-Teflonized Gypper! Huzzah! His age - his mind went, he couldn't remember conversations with people who briefed him every day, he couldn't remember this, he couldn't remember that. He left us the imperial presidency, which Bush pere, Clinton, W & now Obama have ridden into yet more foreign adventures. Remember our glorious triumph in Grenada? In Beruit? A whole MEU gutted - & for what?

& of course the Reagan was born-again. He started out, as so many rabid neo-cons did - on the liberal side - he headed SAG (no prob with unions then), he learned to Communicate as a corp pitchman for GE, Reddy Kilowatt, 20-mule team Borax, sports, light B comedies. Yah, the icon of faith & marriage (well, OK, so he ditched his first wife. & didn't talk to the kids much. Somehow, guv must'a got in the way ...)

Could Palin win? I don't know, I haven't seen her really prepare & run a good campaign yet. But then again, she's making heavy coin in her role as - whatever it is she's doing. Mostly posturing & being available for photo ops & interviews, far as I can tell. As long as show biz pays her well, why should she go in for heavy lifting? & a gal's looks don't last forever. After those go south, well, I don't know what she'll trade on then ...

Last edited:
She would be a great candidate...except the pubs currently in office and in power shit all over her every chance they get.

I think the Republican Party has pretty much become the Democrat Party. The Democrats are now straight up liberal progressives.

Which is crazy, because I think the majority of the people are neither.

But at this point, I don't think they're paying much attention to the people, anyway. They run their own show independent of the will of the people.

Forum List

Back