Can Somebody Please Explain Our Policy on Dealing with Terrorists?

I am genuinely confused, and I need some help in this matter. If any Obama supporters can explain this to me I would really appreciate it.

Okay...Obama orders drone strikes...he has his kill list and decides who lives or dies. There is no trial...no Miranda Rights...no due process. You are dead.

He has killed U.S. citizens with drone strikes without any due process. Is this not summary execution ordered by our President? How is this Constitutional?

Yet, you have other situations where non-citizens...like the assholes who killed the Americans in Benghazi...and they are put through the U.S. Justice System with full Miranda Rights and Due Process. How does the Obama Administration decide who gets summarily executed versus those that get full due process and Constitutional protections? Can someone please help me to understand this? I am completely clueless.

You aren't really interested in learning the strategy implemented to combat the terrorist who plan to kill you and other American citizens. You don't really care about the rules of war and the international laws that govern how a nation can defend itself. Your OP and reading through this thread it is obvious you and other posters are perfectly willing to dispagage and attack the people who are tasked with protecting you because you hate the guy who the American people elected twice to be President and have a warped kind of sick need to show it. You sit at a keyboard and insinuate that the people who wake up every day determined to find, capture or kill those who are trying to kill you and your loved ones are evil monsters that seek out innocent civilians to murder. You complain about the fact that on occasions they have to make gut wrenching difficult decisions that they have to live with their entire lives to occomplish the mission they are tasked with, which is to protect your sorry ass. If people like you and some of the posters on this thread were given the task we would all be hiding in our homes except for when we went to funerals of people killed in terrorist attacks. Boston like bombings would be weekly occurances. You would be scared to take a train or plane anywhere. Death and destruction in the homeland would become routine.

That's a good way to look at it, but the assassinations can't go on indefinitely.

Obama's terrorist hit list grows

Jimmy Carter attacks Barack Obama over assassinations and drone attacks - Americas - World - The Independent

A new phase has been entered into already. We can not go on forever with a strategy of killing selected targets with robots in the sky. All that has done is disrupt the enemy and caused them to bunker down. It disrupts their communications and causes great distrust amoungst them because of our tactics in aquiring targets, but in the end all wars end up being wars of attrition and the enemy has a vast pool of recruits to draw from. We are in a game of wack-a-mole.
The new phase and strategy has begun and is currently being implemented. The terrorist are Arabs and so the Arabs are the ones that have to take out the terrorist. They are fighting each other in Syria and Libya and to a lesser extent in Egypt. The Sunni/Shite war also is raging in Iraq. The Arabs and Arab influenced groups in North Africa are being attacked by African troops (Uganda, Kenya) to the point that those countries are crossing borders to chase down the Jihadist.

I am genuinely confused, and I need some help in this matter. If any Obama supporters can explain this to me I would really appreciate it.

Okay...Obama orders drone strikes...he has his kill list and decides who lives or dies. There is no trial...no Miranda Rights...no due process. You are dead.

He has killed U.S. citizens with drone strikes without any due process. Is this not summary execution ordered by our President? How is this Constitutional?

Yet, you have other situations where non-citizens...like the assholes who killed the Americans in Benghazi...and they are put through the U.S. Justice System with full Miranda Rights and Due Process. How does the Obama Administration decide who gets summarily executed versus those that get full due process and Constitutional protections? Can someone please help me to understand this? I am completely clueless.

You aren't really interested in learning the strategy implemented to combat the terrorist who plan to kill you and other American citizens. You don't really care about the rules of war and the international laws that govern how a nation can defend itself. Your OP and reading through this thread it is obvious you and other posters are perfectly willing to dispagage and attack the people who are tasked with protecting you because you hate the guy who the American people elected twice to be President and have a warped kind of sick need to show it. You sit at a keyboard and insinuate that the people who wake up every day determined to find, capture or kill those who are trying to kill you and your loved ones are evil monsters that seek out innocent civilians to murder. You complain about the fact that on occasions they have to make gut wrenching difficult decisions that they have to live with their entire lives to occomplish the mission they are tasked with, which is to protect your sorry ass. If people like you and some of the posters on this thread were given the task we would all be hiding in our homes except for when we went to funerals of people killed in terrorist attacks. Boston like bombings would be weekly occurances. You would be scared to take a train or plane anywhere. Death and destruction in the homeland would become routine.

Campy,

You seem to misunderstand where I'm coming from, so let me make it very clear. I do not understand this Administration's policy regarding terrorists or terrorism. No one has been able to logically explain it, including you.

I am insinuating that Obama has political motives for who gets summarily executed via drone, versus identical terrorists that get full due process rights. If you can provide information that can clearly specify how those decisions are made, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, it looks completely arbitrary to me, and very political as well.

Last edited:
The current policy regardless of the current president is very clear ....... explained in this video:
American policy on Terrorism
This always was, is currently, and always will be the policy, no toleration of it.

Tell that to the families of the Benghazi victims. Those assholes are openly walking the streets in Libya and getting interviewed by CNN. Meanwhile, a year passes before Obama even gets an arrest warrant written.

Personally, I say kill the fuckers. But the Obama Administration seems to play politics on this issue when they decide who lives and who dies. If anyone can provide evidence that suggests something different, I'd love to see it.

That's a good way to look at it, but the assassinations can't go on indefinitely.

Jimmy Carter attacks Barack Obama over assassinations and drone attacks - Americas - World - The Independent

A new phase has been entered into already. We can not go on forever with a strategy of killing selected targets with robots in the sky. All that has done is disrupt the enemy and caused them to bunker down. It disrupts their communications and causes great distrust amoungst them because of our tactics in aquiring targets, but in the end all wars end up being wars of attrition and the enemy has a vast pool of recruits to draw from. We are in a game of wack-a-mole.
The new phase and strategy has begun and is currently being implemented. The terrorist are Arabs and so the Arabs are the ones that have to take out the terrorist. They are fighting each other in Syria and Libya and to a lesser extent in Egypt. The Sunni/Shite war also is raging in Iraq. The Arabs and Arab influenced groups in North Africa are being attacked by African troops (Uganda, Kenya) to the point that those countries are crossing borders to chase down the Jihadist.

Not to take away from your thought, that's why I posted in 2008 that attacking Afghanistan did little but scatter Al-Qaeda like ants.

Campy,

You seem to misunderstand where I'm coming from, so let me make it very clear. I do not understand this Administration's policy regarding terrorists or terrorism. No one has been able to logically explain it, including you.

I am insinuating that Obama has political motives for who gets summarily executed via drone, versus identical terrorists that get full due process rights. If you can provide information that can clearly specify how those decisions are made, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, it looks completely arbitrary to me, and very political as well.

The terrorists that go to Guantanamo and go on trial are those captured in battle.

Campy,

Well first of all, I disagree that political motives are involved. The President is handed a document to approve and sign that gives a military or intelligence agency legal authority to destroy a target that those authorities have determined pose a threat to the United States. There is a process by which it is determined that capture of the target is not possible without extreme risk to large numbers of military personal, if capture is even possible at all.
The only terrorist that get any kind of due process are the ones that get captured on the battlefied or during the planning or implementing of a terrorist attack. "Summarily executed" sounds like pulling a guy out of a cell and shot by a firing squad. That doesn't happen, or at least is not supposed to happen.
I will provide one example. The American al Awaki was an American that joined al Qaeda and made recruitment video's to encourage other American's to join al Qaeda. His quilt was never in question. He was making video's advertising that he had quit America and was now part of al Qaeda.
Intelligence agencies are in agreement that the greatest threat from terrorist in our homeland are those that are in America already or who leave America and come back with training and a specific mission. al Awaki was a high value target that could not be captured. He posed a huge threat to the American public. So his name was on the list and the President approved the recommendation of his military and intelligence agencies and al Awaki is no longer recruiting American traitors. The rule of law is that if you are in the enemy camp you are a valid target. You hang out with terrorist in the nether regions of Pakistan or Yemen or wherever and you are at great risk of getting killed by a missile shot from a robot in the sky.

Last edited:

As long as the terrorist play the game, so shall we.

As long as the terrorist play the game, so shall we.

Which could be how long, a century? We don't know if the Japanese are still playing. :lol:

Campy,

The terrorists that go to Guantanamo and go on trial are those captured in battle.

The Benghazi killers have never been captured, yet they were automatically given full due process rights. Your statement makes the most sense of anything I have heard, but it still doesn't hold water.

Campy,

The Benghazi killers have never been captured, yet they were automatically given full due process rights. Your statement makes the most sense of anything I have heard, but it still doesn't hold water.

If they have not been captured then they have not been given due process.

Campy,

Well first of all, I disagree that political motives are involved. The President is handed a document to approve and sign that gives a military or intelligence agency legal authority to destroy a target that those authorities have determined pose a threat to the United States. There is a process by which it is determined that capture of the target is not possible without extreme risk to large numbers of military personal, if capture is even possible at all.
The only terrorist that get any kind of due process are the ones that get captured on the battlefied or during the planning or implementing of a terrorist attack. "Summarily executed" sounds like pulling a guy out of a cell and shot by a firing squad. That doesn't happen, or at least is not supposed to happen.
I will provide one example. The American al Awaki was an American that joined al Qaeda and made recruitment video's to encourage other American's to join al Qaeda. His quilt was never in question. He was making video's advertising that he had quit America and was now part of al Qaeda.
Intelligence agencies are in agreement that the greatest threat from terrorist in our homeland are those that are in America already or who leave America and come back with training and a specific mission. al Awaki was a high value target that could not be captured. He posed a huge threat to the American public. So his name was on the list and the President approved the recommendation of his military and intelligence agencies and al Awaki is no longer recruiting American traitors. The rule of law is that if you are in the enemy camp you are a valid target. You hang out with terrorist in the nether regions of Pakistan or Yemen or wherever and you are at great risk of getting killed by a missile shot from a robot in the sky.

Thank you. Like the poster above, your response makes more sense than anything else I have heard. I am glad Al-Awaki is dead, but I am still a little troubled the American people were not given a fuller explanation of how an American citizen was executed without due process rights.

How the Benghazi killers have been handled definitely troubles me. It appears highly political. They are clearly enemy combatants...they are not U.S. citizens...why don't we just kill them? Why the massive delay to try to bring criminal charges?

If they have not been captured then they have not been given due process.

Arrest warrants were issues several weeks ago (after almost a year). By definition, an arrest warrant means you will go through the criminal justice system, get a lawyer to represent you, and get full due process rights.

Campy,

How does a person get due process before they are captured? You have no way of knowing if they are on a target list. Those things aren't aknowledged let alone publicized. Perhaps you are referring to the due process given before a name is placed on the target list? There is a rigoris process for getting a name on the list with lots of legal mumbo jumbo involved, and some of it is classified, so if that is your concern, the "how does the name get on the list part", I would agree you have an interesting question.

As I understand it, the current official terrorism policy in this country is as follows:

1. Learn of terrorist attack
2. Quickly blame the other party
3. Accuse the other party of being un-American
4. Accuse the other party of hating our military
5. Memorize all remaining party talking points that blame the other guys
6. Deploy talking points
7. Claim that the partisan blabbers from your party Speak The Truth about the other party re: Terrorism

Did I miss anything?

How does a person get due process before they are captured? You have no way of knowing if they are on a target list. Those things aren't aknowledged let alone publicized. Perhaps you are referring to the due process given before a name is placed on the target list? There is a rigoris process for getting a name on the list with lots of legal mumbo jumbo involved, and some of it is classified, so if that is your concern, the "how does the name get on the list part", I would agree you have an interesting question.

I actually do know. The attorney general has said arrest warrants were issued in August, and if captured, the Benghazi killers will be tried in civilian court with full due process rights. He has publicly said the Benghazi killers are not on a target list.

I actually do know. The attorney general has said arrest warrants were issued in August, and if captured, the Benghazi killers will be tried in civilian court with full due process rights. He has publicly said the Benghazi killers are not on a target list.

You are correct, it is politics. Drone attackes became a hot potato not to long ago when a Senator gave a fillibuster and various investigations were threatened. Tied in with some of the crazy investigations conducted in the House, the chase down the terrorist and kill them guys have had to back up, back down and stand down in some cases. An investigation by a partisan group with a political agenda is the terror faced by the terrorist chasers. The risk of exposing sources and methods is so real and so great that they will do whatever has to be done to avoid it. If not for the above mentioned, those Benghazi dudes would be on a target list and maybe dead by now.
I guess we can be happy or sad. Happy if you like knowing your government is following some kind of specific set of rules that can not be bent or altered. Sad if you just want to go out and kill those terrorist and say fuck the rules.

You are correct, it is politics. Drone attackes became a hot potato not to long ago when a Senator gave a fillibuster and various investigations were threatened. Tied in with some of the crazy investigations conducted in the House, the chase down the terrorist and kill them guys have had to back up, back down and stand down in some cases. An investigation by a partisan group with a political agenda is the terror faced by the terrorist chasers. The risk of exposing sources and methods is so real and so great that they will do whatever has to be done to avoid it. If not for the above mentioned, those Benghazi dudes would be on a target list and maybe dead by now.
I guess we can be happy or sad. Happy if you like knowing your government is following some kind of specific set of rules that can not be bent or altered. Sad if you just want to go out and kill those terrorist and say fuck the rules.

Interesting. Thanks for the info. :)

Yes, we now attempt to placate their anger with kindness and favor.

And Americans will die for it.

That's the rub. We can't even figure out if U.S. death row inmates are guilty or not. We can't know if those responsible for the death of the ambassador are even Libyans. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back