Zone1 Can someone explain this to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone asked what my nationality was, I would certainly not say im a German Irish American. I would just be an American. And I damn sure wouldnt claim it if they sold my ancestors into slavery.
And to claim Africans didnt sell Africans is a load of bullshit. It is COMMON knowledge FFS
Didn't we just do this? I'm outta here.

This is a zone 1 thread that was started in violation and remains in zone 1 in violation of zone 1 rules.

Oh so somebody now can cite rules and delete things that violate rules. This thread is in violation of forum rules but it has not been closed or moved. A thread that is obviously created to race bait due to the fact that this thread:

Are Asian-Americans “The New Jews”?​

Exists and not one time in this forum has a thread been started asking what Asian Americans call themselves that when Asian Americas have enslaved each other, colonized each other and you see today that both North and South Korea as well as China and Taiwan are still at odds. Slavery still exists there but nobody here brings it up. But a thread that debunks a racist excuse to deny or absolve whites gets deleted because it's a violation.

So why is this? Is it because Asians supposedly sat quietly and took white racism without fighting?

This is just another example of selective moderation.

So most American blacks identify as "African American" even though most of them have never seen Africa. Many probably didn't have a grandparent that saw Africa, yet, they claim it instead of just being "American"
My question is, why do they show loyalty to a continent that sold their ancestors into slavery?
If it was me, I wouldn't claim Africa. Why do they? I don't understand it.

My fave is when dunderhead American liberals attempt to call Black British people "African-American" because they think it's the PC term

Good one, geniuses

The fact is that we should not be questioned by whites pertaining to what we want to call ourselves. Whites ran away from Europe and you still claim your ancestry. So then this bs about Africans selling each other, which is esseentially a lie, has nothing to do with anything.

In the forum I have now seen whites bitch about:

Black peoples hair
What black people eat.
The clothes black people wear.
And multiple threads about the fact we call ourselves African American.
I don't know how many whiny threads about how whitey ain't payin no reparations like each of you dimwits are going to pay out of your personal pockets and like the government hasn't paid reparations in modern times for things that happened in the 1800's.
Then we had threads where whites had the nerve to tell us how we should act.
The lies about the republican record on race.
Endless whining by whites who denigrate white liberals but we cannot denigrate sorry --- black uncle toms who are helping racists take us back to Jim Crow.

But none of you who do this are racists.

Who in the hell do you think you're trying to fool.

USMB has been made an example of.

Thank you for being what you are.

It’s not blaming blacks to point out that black Africans sold other black Africans as slaves. It’s a fact. And no, most white Smericans do not go by their ancestral affiliation, but it’s fine to be proud of your heritage.
more revisionist history blaming the institution of slavery on blacks while absolving the whites in power
Where did the money come from ?

Molly,

Africans didn't give whites the money to buy the captives.

But since you want to continue repeating this bs tale, it is time you got the lesson.

ALL RISE!

This mornings lesson:

THE MAJORITY OF SLAVES IN AMERICA DID NOT COME FROM AFRICA!
You've no doubt read this before, but here is something for the racists who want to tell us how Africans sold each other.

America had every chance not to implement slavery. We are told how the so-called founders of this country created the way to end slavery when they wrote the constitution. Many will cite the fact they made the importation of slaves illegal by 1808 as evidence. But refusing to stop importing slaves did not end the slaving business in the United States. What it produced was an original American industry-slave breeding.

“During the fifty-three years from the prohibition of the African slave trade by federal law in 1808 to the debacle of the Confederate States of America in 1861, the Southern economy depended on the functioning of a slave-breeding industry, of which Virginia was the number-one supplier.”

Ned & Constance Sublette, The American Slave Coast: A History of the Slave-Breeding Industry, Chicago, Lawrence Hill Books, 2016

If America had continued to import slaves, it would have diluted the market, thereby driving down the price of slaves. Slave sellers could not have this. So instead of the truth, we are told that “our nearer to God than thee” founders, in all their benevolent glory, looked towards a future whereby slavery would be no more. According to some, the so-called founders had a dream whereby little black boys and little black girls would no longer be enslaved because of the color of their skin. This is the story we are supposed to believe. However, reality does not show that.

“In fact, most American slaves were not kidnapped on another continent. Though over 12.7 million Africans were forced onto ships to the Western hemisphere, estimates only have 400,000-500,000 landing in present-day America. How then to account for the four million black slaves who were tilling fields in 1860? “The South,” the Sublettes write, “did not only produce tobacco, rice, sugar, and cotton as commodities for sale; it produced people.” Slavers called slave-breeding “natural increase,” but there was nothing natural about producing slaves; it took scientific management. Thomas Jefferson bragged to George Washington that the birth of black children was increasing Virginia’s capital stock by four percent annually.”

Ned & Constance Sublette, The American Slave Coast: A History of the Slave-Breeding Industry, Chicago, Lawrence Hill Books, 2016

“According to database-backed estimates by David Eltis and David Richardson, only about 389,000 kidnapped Africans were disembarked in the ports of the present-day United States, the majority of them before independence.” “By 1860, those few hundred thousand Africans had given way to four million African Americans.”

Ned & Constance Sublette, The American Slave Coast: A History of the Slave -Breeding Industry

According to this information , 389,000 slaves landed on the shores of what is now America. By 1860, there were four million slaves living here. The importation of slaves was made illegal in 1808. So from 1808 until 1860, the number of slaves increased by at least one thousand percent. If we allow for the Africans selling each other, Africans would be responsible for approximately 389 thousand slaves. What about the 3.1-4 million additional slaves? Africans did not create them.

The white controlled slave breeding "industry" IN AMERICA created 10 times more blacks than the number that came from Africans who "sold other Africans".

Do you understand, Molly?

I don't understand it.
Well, this is what I understand (of course, I may be wrong).

1. When I was young in Los Angeles, they were generally referred to as "Negroes."

2. In the South, I think the term "colored people" was used.

3. With the 1960s, it was decided to call them "Black."

4. And some people -- including me -- felt the word "Black" was a bit curt.

5. So the term "African American" was coined.

a. As you know, in English sometimes (not always) the longer term sounds more courteous.

i. For example, some people (including me) always try to refer to "a Jewish person." The three-letter word is too harsh and -- depending on how one pronounces it -- it can be meant as an insult.

Africans didn’t sell Africans. A group of Kingdoms in West Africa sold war captives into slavery. Blaming the whole of Africa for what West Africa did is ridiculous.

But most importantly, saying Africans sold Africans is a very colonialist view of Africa. The colonialists view Africa as just one humongous country. One huge country with homogeneous citizens, homogeneous culture and custom.

That view of Africa is so pervasive that Time Magazine once wrote a whole article about the “Africa’s Drinking Problem” based on data from just TWO AFRICAN COUNTRIES. Times wouldn’t have generalized something about Europe from data just two European countries. But it did about Africa because for many Westerners, Africa is a country.

Of course, Africa is not a country. It is a continent made up FIFTY-FOUR countries with different cultures, languages, and religions.

Also, the claim Africans sold Africans erases a major reason why some Africans were selling some other Africans: it was because these people were not part of their tribe, their culture. Africans were not selling their fellow Africans. Instead citizens of one kingdom were selling citizens of another kingdom.

When the British enslaved the Irish, do whites consider that as whites enslaving each other? When whites had World Wars, did whites describe this as whites slaughtering each other? No. Whites have accurately been able to describe the exact countries who were fighting. But when it comes to this, we have to read idiocy whites use as excuses to deny their participation in slavery.

According to this information , 389,000 slaves landed on the shores of what is now America. By 1860, there were four million slaves living here. The importation of slaves was made illegal in 1808. So from 1808 until 1860, the number of slaves increased by at least one thousand percent. If we allow for the Africans selling each other, Africans would be responsible for approximately 389 thousand slaves. What about the 3.1-4 million additional slaves? Africans did not create them.

The white controlled slave breeding "industry" IN AMERICA created 10 times more blacks than the number that came from Africans who "sold other Africans".

So let's end repeating the ignorance you read on various alt right, right wing, or white supremacist websites. None of it is factual.

View attachment 825892
what a load of hogwash 10 African nations did IN FACT sell Africans to slavers. I linked to that before and you were in that thread you buffoon.

Africans didn’t sell Africans. A group of Kingdoms in West Africa sold war captives into slavery. Blaming the whole of Africa for what West Africa did is ridiculous.

But most importantly, saying Africans sold Africans is a very colonialist view of Africa. The colonialists view Africa as just one humongous country. One huge country with homogeneous citizens, homogeneous culture and custom.

That view of Africa is so pervasive that Time Magazine once wrote a whole article about the “Africa’s Drinking Problem” based on data from just TWO AFRICAN COUNTRIES. Times wouldn’t have generalized something about Europe from data just two European countries. But it did about Africa because for many Westerners, Africa is a country.

Of course, Africa is not a country. It is a continent made up FIFTY-FOUR countries with different cultures, languages, and religions.

Also, the claim Africans sold Africans erases a major reason why some Africans were selling some other Africans: it was because these people were not part of their tribe, their culture. Africans were not selling their fellow Africans. Instead citizens of one kingdom were selling citizens of another kingdom.

When the British enslaved the Irish, do whites consider that as whites enslaving each other? When whites had World Wars, did whites describe this as whites slaughtering each other? No. Whites have accurately been able to describe the exact countries who were fighting. But when it comes to this, we have to read idiocy whites use as excuses to deny their participation in slavery.

So let's end repeating the ignorance you read on various alt right, right wing, or white supremacist websites. None of it is factual.

View attachment 825892
kangz.jpg

Well, this is what I understand (of course, I may be wrong).

1. When I was young in Los Angeles, they were generally referred to as "Negroes."

2. In the South, I think the term "colored people" was used.

3. With the 1960s, it was decided to call them "Black."

4. And some people -- including me -- felt the word "Black" was a bit curt.

5. So the term "African American" was coined.

a. As you know, in English sometimes (not always) the longer term sounds more courteous.

i. For example, some people (including me) always try to refer to "a Jewish person." The three-letter word is too harsh and -- depending on how one pronounces it -- it can be meant as an insult.

I grew up with the terms negro or colored
The N Word was still openly used and was considered crass but not obscene. I remember hearing it on TV often.

By the mid 60s, negro and colored were discarded because of their connections to the Jim Crow South. The Black and I’m Proud movement popularized the term Black.
African American and People of Color became more official designations but I still hear most refer to themselves as black

Why does it matter what we call ourselves?

This ain't 1923, and whites don't get to tell us what to do.

False. Unless whites are from another country, they mostly call themselves white, Caucasian or American.
Given the fact that most Americans (including Americans who identify as blacks) are mongrels, declaring heritage is difficult. I only know part of one side of my family tree, but even knowing that small amount, I would be an Irish-Scots-Swedish-Comanche- American. Given the proclivities of slave owners and overseers to have sex with their slaves, I doubt you could find any American descended from slaves who wasn't at least part white.

Why does it matter what we call ourselves?
Generations of being here in America and you still show loyalty to a Continent that sold your ancestors into slavery. Im just wondering why.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back