Can Trump Turn Welfare into Workfare

In his inaugural address President Trump said he would get people off welfare and back to work. He also mentioned rebuilding our infrastructure. I hope he is planning to make those on welfare and living in government housing go to work everyday painting curbs, fixing potholes, picking up trash, anything to earn their money. Also they should be drug tested for hard drugs. Coke, crack, meth, heroin, PCP, etc.

Even FDR knew that welfare was a subtle destroyer of man's spirit.

Franklin D. Roosevelt: Annual Message to Congress

"...The lessons of history, confirmed by the evidence immediately before me, show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fibre. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit. It is inimical to the dictates of sound policy. It is in violation of the traditions of America. Work must be found for able-bodied but destitute workers...."

I guess that means, we should stop means testing until they get a real job.

Don't be silly. It means that welfare is like a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit.

If Trump started improving folks' lives in our hoods, the Democrats would panic and do everything they could to reverse it. It's all about the Party and control for them. They would never allow Trump to clean up their awful messes. They don't care about the people they've let down for so many years. They only care about maintaining power and controlling them.

Why do you think people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton still have "jobs". They have no desire for what they say exists to end. They'd be out of work.

Democrats like things the way they are. They've created permanent poverty and loyal Democrats. If Trump went in and started cleaning things up, some folks might consider supporting him and Republicans at some point. The Democrats can't have that.

Democrats would rather see those folks continue suffering, than possibly lose some power. It really is too bad. There just isn't much hope for people stuck in Democrat hellholes like Chicago and Detroit.

If Trump started improving folks' lives in our hoods, the Democrats would panic and do everything they could to reverse it. It's all about the Party and control for them. They would never allow Trump to clean up their awful messes. They don't care about the people they've let down for so many years. They only care about maintaining power and controlling them.

Why do you think people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton still have "jobs". They have no desire for what they say exists to end. They'd be out of work.

Democrats like things the way they are. They've created permanent poverty and loyal Democrats. If Trump went in and started cleaning things up, some folks might consider supporting him and Republicans at some point. The Democrats can't have that.

Democrats would rather see those folks continue suffering, than possibly lose some power. It really is too bad. There just isn't much hope for people stuck in Democrat hellholes like Chicago and Detroit.

What they've created is permanent poverty and the mindset that those living it in are not at fault in any way. Education is one of the biggest determinants of income level. If someone quit high school and now can't find a job, the Democrats will find a way to convince that person it had nothing to do with their choice but with someone taking advantage of them.

In his inaugural address President Trump said he would get people off welfare and back to work. He also mentioned rebuilding our infrastructure. I hope he is planning to make those on welfare and living in government housing go to work everyday painting curbs, fixing potholes, picking up trash, anything to earn their money. Also they should be drug tested for hard drugs. Coke, crack, meth, heroin, PCP, etc.

"...The lessons of history, confirmed by the evidence immediately before me, show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fibre. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit. It is inimical to the dictates of sound policy. It is in violation of the traditions of America. Work must be found for able-bodied but destitute workers...."

Don't be silly. It means that welfare is like a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit.

It's like a crackhead. All you have to do is get them hooked and you have them for life.

What they've created is permanent poverty and the mindset that those living it in are not at fault in any way. Education is one of the biggest determinants of income level. If someone quit high school and now can't find a job, the Democrats will find a way to convince that person it had nothing to do with their choice but with someone taking advantage of them.

Oh yeah, creating a 'Permanent Victim Class' is a big part of the agenda. It's what Barack Obama did for a living as a 'Community Organizer.' His job was to stir up hate and bitterness.

It's sad, because i really do think Trump wants to help these folks stuck in Democrat Hellholes. But i just don't believe the Democrats will allow it to happen. It doesn't serve their interests to see things improve in those areas.

Yes.

Oh yeah, creating a 'Permanent Victim Class' is a big part of the agenda. It's what Barack Obama did for a living as a 'Community Organizer.' His job was to stir up hate and bitterness.

It's sad, because i really do think Trump wants to help these folks stuck in Democrat Hellholes. But i just don't believe the Democrats will allow it to happen. It doesn't serve their interests to see things improve in those areas.
The Congressional Black Caucus: Does It Do Anything Besides Play The Race Card?

We have a federal doctrine and State laws regarding the legal concept of employment at will.

Unemployment compensation already happens. And, what better metrics for Firms; if the tax gets too high, they can just hire more people.

I'm waiting to see that. Yes we have unemployment INSURANCE. That means if you lose your job through no fault of your own, you get COMPENSATED for a short time while you are looking for new work. When you exhaust all your unemployment BENEFITS, you stop getting compensation checks.

Saying you should be able to collect compensation just because you don't feel like working anymore is like saying you can make a claim for an auto accident on your car even though you were never in an accident, or making a fire claim on your house even though you never had a fire. If people could do these things by law, no insurance company would provide such coverage.
The law is employment at will. Only illegals to the law, have a problem with it.
Don't be so hard on unions. Unions have feelings too.
don't be so hard on less fortunate illegals, they have feelings too.

no it isn't; only means testing does that.

It's like a crackhead. All you have to do is get them hooked and you have them for life.

doesn't getting a job, get them hooked for life?

No, it doesn't. It enjoys the status-quo. Keeping folks angry and bitter serves their interests. It's all about maintaining a 'Permanent Victim Class.'

If Trump did improve some of these folks' lives, the Democrats would panic. They'd be scared to death they might lose some control of these folks. Remember, it's always 'Party before Country' for the Democratic Party.

Large segment of white demographic in California is on welfare. Democratic policies over the generations has dragged them down. In 1960's, 70's and 80's they enjoyed a higher standard of living.

Large segment of white demographic in California is on welfare. Democratic policies over the generations has dragged them down. In 1960's, 70's and 80's they enjoyed a higher standard of living.

Keep em ignorant, bitter, and poor. That's been the Democrat agenda for several decades. They don't want to see anything change. They'll thwart Trump at every turn.

like democrats were in favor of outsourcing jobs to the third world, to maximize profits.

Democrats don't want it to happen. It's the same mentality that people like Jesse Jackson have. As long as they can convince someone that their situation isn't their fault, they have supporters.

You assume they want to work.

Their deck has nothing but 52 race cards. That way they know what card is going to be played next.

No, it doesn't. It enjoys the status-quo. Keeping folks angry and bitter serves their interests. It's all about maintaining a 'Permanent Victim Class.'

If Trump did improve some of these folks' lives, the Democrats would panic. They'd be scared to death they might lose some control of these folks. Remember, it's always 'Party before Country' for the Democratic Party.

It's like feeding a stray cat.

You assume they want to work.
you assume they want to be lazy.

no it isn't; only means testing does that.

Tell FDR that...

"...The lessons of history, confirmed by the evidence immediately before me, show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fibre. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit. ..."

Forum List

Back