Can we Finally Conclude that Obama has Been a Foreign Policy Disaster?

Can we Conclude that Obama's Foreign Policy has Been a Disaster?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The odd thing about nuclear powers is they simply do not go to war with one another. Thus the first to have troops on land are usually the ones that hold it while the other funds a proxy to remove them. Obama and Putin both know that going to war isn't going to happen between our two countries. Putin knows that Obama has a repeated pattern of behavior of being a dog with no bark. Putin also knows that Obama refuses to commit anything toward US allies and potential US allies when attacked. Putin knows that Obama is willing to bargain away our British allies nuclear secrets for a nuke treaty and refuse to install a nuclear defense shield in Europe in the hopes of peace through kindness. In short, Putin knows he can do pretty much anything he wants while Obama is in power. Obama does not need to go to war with Russia in order to prevent them from invading the innocent. He simply needs to have enough US assets in the region to prevent Russia from committing an act of war against another nuclear power. It is that simple.
Why are you so worried about the US waging war all over the world? Why don't you all mind your own fucking business?

In a world where no one minds their own business, the one that does loses.
Norway, Sweden, Canada, Finland... all mind their own business and are at the top of the list for the world's happiest people and the best places to live. Now you know.

they can mind their own business because the United States protects them.......they don't have to actually provide their own military to keep them safe which is a huge cost saver which they can then give out as free goodies to their people......
That myth never dies, no one asked the US to invade Iraq for no real reason, or Afghanistan either. And those countries have never begged the US to back Israel, which is where all the conflict and 9/11 come from. And a while back when people were suggesting that the US help Ukraine militarily, they chickened out. You know why? Because the US is a bully and only attacks much weaker nations and armies.
Plus that's not our part of the world. That'd be like Russia interfering with our relationship with Cuba. We wouldn't like that

Congress voted against going into Syria. The Republican Congress.

What exactly would you have had Obama do? Go to war with Russia over the Ukraine?

The odd thing about nuclear powers is they simply do not go to war with one another. Thus the first to have troops on land are usually the ones that hold it while the other funds a proxy to remove them. Obama and Putin both know that going to war isn't going to happen between our two countries. Putin knows that Obama has a repeated pattern of behavior of being a dog with no bark. Putin also knows that Obama refuses to commit anything toward US allies and potential US allies when attacked. Putin knows that Obama is willing to bargain away our British allies nuclear secrets for a nuke treaty and refuse to install a nuclear defense shield in Europe in the hopes of peace through kindness. In short, Putin knows he can do pretty much anything he wants while Obama is in power. Obama does not need to go to war with Russia in order to prevent them from invading the innocent. He simply needs to have enough US assets in the region to prevent Russia from committing an act of war against another nuclear power. It is that simple.
Why are you so worried about the US waging war all over the world? Why don't you all mind your own fucking business?

Norway, Sweden, Canada, Finland... all mind their own business and are at the top of the list for the world's happiest people and the best places to live. Now you know.
Germany was #1 best country this year, Canada #3 USA #4
Then that list is totally fucked because there's no fucking way that Germany with all the refugees, could be anywhere near the top. Same with the US, with all the shootings, riots, terrorism... at number 4? Gimme a fuckin' break brah, lol.

The Apology Tour
Pullout from Iraq and the rise of ISIS (The "JV Team")
Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt
Libya
Crimea
Ukraine
Syria ("Red Lines")
Cuba
Israel
Tunisia
Iran Nuke Deal
Arab Spring
Russian Reset
The Muslim Refugee Crisis
Expansion of Iranian Influence across the middle east
Chinese Expansion in the South China Sea
Expansion of Russian influence into Eastern Europe and the Middle East
Afghanistan turning into Iraq
Withdraw of Nuclear Defense Shield Plans from Europe
Using British Nuke Secrets as a bargaining chip for Putin's START Treaty
Deterioration of our Armed Forces
Supporting the Marxist President in Brazil
Failure to gain an Arab coalition against ISIS
Troops voted to fire him as their commander in chief in 2012 by a 2 to 1 margin
Contempt for the Department of Defense
Likely nuclear arms race in the Middle East.
75% of U.S. Casualties in the Afghanistan War happened under Obama's watch

.... Did I leave anything out? .....

What you left out were about 16 proofs of cause and effect, not to mention any proof whatsoever that the items you list were foreign policy disasters in the first place.

Take this:

Failure to gain an Arab coalition against ISIS.

1. why would that be Obama's responsibility?

2. The Saudis have formed a 34 nation coalition to fight terrorism.

The coalition includes Jordan, the United Arab Emirates, Pakistan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Benin, Turkey, Chad, Togo, Tunisia, Djibouti, Senegal, Sudan, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Gabon, Guinea, the Palestinians, Comoros, Qatar, Cote d'Ivoire, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Maldives, Mali, Malaysia, Egypt, Morocco, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria and Yemen.

I thought the US was the leader of the world? Obama is out in front when he wants to be. Like Iran, gay marriage, if I had a son etc........ So why should we expect Obama to take a back seat in forming a coalition?

-Geaux

The knives are out: Panetta eviscerates Obama’s ‘red line’ blunder on Syria

Former Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said Tuesday that President Obama damaged U.S. credibility by drawing a “red line” against Syria’s use of chemical weapons and then failed to back it up with military force when Syria crossed the line.

“It was damaging,” Mr. Panetta, who also served as CIA director for Mr. Obama, told Yahoo News.

Panetta decries Obama ‘red line’ blunder on Syria

The Apology Tour
Pullout from Iraq and the rise of ISIS (The "JV Team")
Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt
Libya
Crimea
Ukraine
Syria ("Red Lines")
Cuba
Israel
Tunisia
Iran Nuke Deal
Arab Spring
Russian Reset
The Muslim Refugee Crisis
Expansion of Iranian Influence across the middle east
Chinese Expansion in the South China Sea
Expansion of Russian influence into Eastern Europe and the Middle East
Afghanistan turning into Iraq
Withdraw of Nuclear Defense Shield Plans from Europe
Using British Nuke Secrets as a bargaining chip for Putin's START Treaty
Deterioration of our Armed Forces
Supporting the Marxist President in Brazil
Failure to gain an Arab coalition against ISIS
Troops voted to fire him as their commander in chief in 2012 by a 2 to 1 margin
Contempt for the Department of Defense
Likely nuclear arms race in the Middle East.
75% of U.S. Casualties in the Afghanistan War happened under Obama's watch

.... Did I leave anything out? .....

What you left out were about 16 proofs of cause and effect, not to mention any proof whatsoever that the items you list were foreign policy disasters in the first place.

Take this:

Failure to gain an Arab coalition against ISIS.

1. why would that be Obama's responsibility?

2. The Saudis have formed a 34 nation coalition to fight terrorism.

The coalition includes Jordan, the United Arab Emirates, Pakistan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Benin, Turkey, Chad, Togo, Tunisia, Djibouti, Senegal, Sudan, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Gabon, Guinea, the Palestinians, Comoros, Qatar, Cote d'Ivoire, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Maldives, Mali, Malaysia, Egypt, Morocco, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria and Yemen.

I thought the US was the leader of the world? Obama is out in front when he wants to be. Like Iran, gay marriage, if I had a son etc........ So why should we expect Obama to take a back seat in forming a coalition?

-Geaux

He's not the leader of the world. That is retarded.

The knives are out: Panetta eviscerates Obama’s ‘red line’ blunder on Syria

Former Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said Tuesday that President Obama damaged U.S. credibility by drawing a “red line” against Syria’s use of chemical weapons and then failed to back it up with military force when Syria crossed the line.

“It was damaging,” Mr. Panetta, who also served as CIA director for Mr. Obama, told Yahoo News.

Panetta decries Obama ‘red line’ blunder on Syria

That's all you have to call Obama's foreign policy a disaster?

lol.

I love the dishonesty of liberals on this thread. Simply look at the poll. I included so many options in order to see how split they are as they struggle to answer the question and look. No consensus there.
You just admitted your own dishonesty of the poll you posted. :lol:

You said so, it must be true. I wont bother as to get you to answer why . Liberals in the poll are obviously split on Obamas foreign policy.

Yes. The refugee crisis was created by his weakness in dealing with Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and Libya.......it is now creating havoc in Europe......

China is now becoming aggressive in it's control over the South China Sea and Russia is flexing it's muscles wherever they want.....

he is a f*****g disaster........

What exactly would you have had Obama do? Go to war with Russia over the Ukraine?

Indeed, they do. A hundred or so years ago they have to keep their own trade routes open with a strong navy. LOL, the Dutch especially hit South Africa. This roll has largely been picked up by the joint NATO and the US today. Thus they do it less so today. They can afford to mind their own business as the US is their ally. If we weren't the situation would certainly be changed. Tell me, for the love of God, that you already knew this and you were simply being disingenuous.

If there was anything that I needed to cinch a Final Position on just how disasterous Obumble's foreign policy has been, it would be the way the President of the United States was so shabbily treated by the Castro Brothers... Barry comes away from that one looking like a bad joke... we have a right to expect more common sense from our Presidents.

I agree. Will never solve anything until we learn to have empathy for people people who are different from ourselves

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

English my first language just typing. Your comment makes my point valid. In whose favor are you speaking of.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Obama's foreign policy maneuvers are certainly lacking. However, all you have to do is look back to the guy before him, Bush, to realize that he's far from the disaster that he could have been. Overall, if you consider Bush to be a 0 and FDR to be a 10...Obama probably lands somewhere in the middle, like a 5 or 6.

I give him a four.

Bush is a Zero, Johnson is a Two, and Nixon is a one...

Reagan was horrible in Lebanon, but Bush Sr. was solid for his four years...

So, yeah I would give President Obama a four on a scale of 0 to 10, and Clinton ( Bill ) was a six to me...

I love the redirect on the question as listed above. I don't recall anyone asking to rate one president against the next. I simply asked if Obama has been a foreign policy disaster. Of course, you're free to do as you like, but you aren't fooling anyone.

Notice how they tried to blame Obama's numerous failures on Bush.

Obama's foreign policy maneuvers are certainly lacking. However, all you have to do is look back to the guy before him, Bush, to realize that he's far from the disaster that he could have been. Overall, if you consider Bush to be a 0 and FDR to be a 10...Obama probably lands somewhere in the middle, like a 5 or 6.

I give him a four.

Bush is a Zero, Johnson is a Two, and Nixon is a one...

Reagan was horrible in Lebanon, but Bush Sr. was solid for his four years...

So, yeah I would give President Obama a four on a scale of 0 to 10, and Clinton ( Bill ) was a six to me...

I love the redirect on the question as listed above. I don't recall anyone asking to rate one president against the next. I simply asked if Obama has been a foreign policy disaster. Of course, you're free to do as you like, but you aren't fooling anyone.

Notice how they tried to blame Obama's numerous failures on Bush.
Comparing Obama to Bush is not blaming his failures on Bush...you seriously have the reading comprehension of a 7th grader.

I love the dishonesty of liberals on this thread. Simply look at the poll. I included so many options in order to see how split they are as they struggle to answer the question and look. No consensus there.
You just admitted your own dishonesty of the poll you posted. :lol:

You said so, it must be true. I wont bother as to get you to answer why . Liberals in the poll are obviously split on Obamas foreign policy.
And conservatives are all of one mind? Ummm... no. :D

Indeed, they do. A hundred or so years ago they have to keep their own trade routes open with a strong navy. LOL, the Dutch especially hit South Africa. This roll has largely been picked up by the joint NATO and the US today. Thus they do it less so today. They can afford to mind their own business as the US is their ally. If we weren't the situation would certainly be changed. Tell me, for the love of God, that you already knew this and you were simply being disingenuous.
So the US is just keeping their trade routes open? Is it just you, are is everyone on your side of the boat living way far back in the past? :lol:

If I were to look at the world as it was on Bush's 8th year, then look at the world under Obama on his 8th year, I see a much more screwed up place today than I saw then. You disagree? For the sake of argument, lets say Bush was horrible. With all of the conflicts that Bush got us into aside, not taking into account anything Obama may have done to make the conflicts worse, is the world a better or worse place under Obama? I think we all know the answer. If you would rate Bush a zero you would need to go into negative territory for Obama.
Is the world a better place? Nope. Fortunately, that has nothing (or very little) to do with US foreign policy. Hate to break the news to you, but the US isn't some intergalactic empire that runs the entire world.

Again, Obama wasn't great...I would contend that he wasn't horrible either however. Given American opinion on continuing the wars in both Iraq (that Bush forced us into) and Afghan (where we were legitimately fighting terrorism) he really couldn't do much but pull out...especially since both of those nations were also pushing us out as best they could. He has made some missteps though. I think his empty statements against Putin and ISIS (we haven't really committed large forces to combating either of these guys) are pretty horrid coupled with his absurd choices for Sec of the State.

Actually, like it or not, America IS one of the world's few super powers! Barry's refusal to lead created a power vacuum that led to things like ISIS taking over much of the Middle East and the subsequent migration of millions. The choice to not use power is sometimes as great as the choice TO use it!

Forum List

Back