Can we get a "Respectfully disagree" button?

Fixing USMB with an added button, is like getting the government to resolve a problem with a new tax.

You may all respect me now.

Exactly.
It would be like trying to put a condom on something that erupts every hour, or two; like Old Faithful.
Pardon the double entendre :206:

The kids on here are loose with this "funny" button thing they do. You may as well have a "respectably disagree" button. Maybe it will invite some class and civility to the board.
-------------------------------------------- any button to show disagreement or disrespect for another posters thinking or message is fine by me . Funny BUTTON works fine and can be followed up with a typed message if a typed message is worth while . Lots of stuff though is just not worth responding to in type and the FUNNY Button works fine to show disdain and disrespect for a posters thinking in my opinion .

th

Now what could a person possibly find to disagree with when all the posters around here so eloquently berate each other regularly?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

Most of the threads are just fake news spam, followed by fake news spammers jumping in to endorse fake news.

lol... If people were making all these 'intelligent arguments' they think they're making, then people wouldn't use the Funny emoji to laugh at them. You parrots need to get over yourselves, is all.
You think you are the only one with an intelligent argument, but that is not the case. I've got a whole string of funnies from you in a thread where we got discussing guns and not a single thing I said was either (1) humorous or (2) not based on facts that have been proven over and over again. I'm not a parrot. You, though, are a skunk.

The kids on here are loose with this "funny" button thing they do. You may as well have a "respectably disagree" button. Maybe it will invite some class and civility to the board.

That would be good, but why not also, a disrespectfully disagree. Because that is called for A LOT.
How 'bout just "disagree." You don't have to start a fight over it.

It's been a long day.

I also have some ideas for a "hang in there" button
I love that idea. Sometimes I could sure use that. With your mission to educate conservatives, I imagine you could, too. Although folks seem to be respecting you more than I thought they would. You are a wholly welcome addition to this board. I'm considering giving you an extra helping of donuts.

That would be good, but why not also, a disrespectfully disagree. Because that is called for A LOT.

Sometimes, the fight was started by the post you want to rate.

We have numerous out and out racial supremacists on this site, and we don't have the option of rating them negatively.

Does that make fucking sense?

`
I know of at least one N&P forum that's thinking of eliminating the "funny" button because of it's misuse by the kids. Most sites have already removed the "disagree" button.

`
I know of at least one N&P forum that's thinking of eliminating the "funny" button because of it's misuse by the kids. Most sites have already removed the "disagree" button.

If a poster is continually funny, how is it "misused" if applied to a funny post?

We have numerous out and out racial supremacists on this site, and we don't have the option of rating them negatively.

No. I have never understood why we only have positive ratings on a political message board where of course a lot of members will disagree with any given post. I have heard of the bad old neg rep system, which seems really severe, but I don't know why a disagree button would gum up the works. Maybe the software isn't flexible enough to not assign the button a positive rating point. I dunno. It seems so elementary to have one, there must be a good reason.
If it eliminated a rating point from a poster, I would be down to 0 in no time, but ratings don't really matter, so I wouldn't care.

No. I have never understood why we only have positive ratings on a political message board where of course a lot of members will disagree with any given post. I have heard of the bad old neg rep system, which seems really severe, but I don't know why a disagree button would gum up the works. Maybe the software isn't flexible enough to not assign the button a positive rating point. I dunno. It seems so elementary to have one, there must be a good reason.
If it eliminated a rating point from a poster, I would be down to 0 in no time, but ratings don't really matter, so I wouldn't care.
We had a red X, but the Starkeys and Bodeccas complained and got it removed

We actually need a big O indicator meaning, "You're a complete fucking asshole"

I feel I add so much to this Board

Forum List

Back