Can we just stop with all the "Republicans hate Obama because he's black" bullshit

Republicans have opposed EVERY democrat president, staunchly even.

Has everyone forgotten the "vast rightwing conspiracy" Hillary propagated? Have you forgotten Clintons impeachment? Have you forgotten Limbaughs proclomation of America being "held hostage" from the beginning of Clintons term?
Unless I'm color blind Clinton is WHITE. The gop simply oppose the liberal agenda. Even when Clinton swung back towards the center he was still the target of the right.
Claiming all this crap is race related just shows your inability to form a coherent argument to promote your positions.
There is no question that republicans have hated every Democratic president. But with Obama it is different despite your attempt to deny reality. NEVER in the history of the United States has the republican party refused to work with the president to solve America's problems. In the past the republicans may not have liked a Democratic president but they always found a way to compromise and to pass legislation for the good of the American people. In the last 5+ years the republican party has turned its back on the American people to insure that Obama has zero success. Since this is the first time that the republican party has sunk so low and since this is the first time we have had a black president it is impossible to ignore that their behavior is based on Obama's race.
Want more proof? The tea party, the base of the republican party is 99% white. The only group that is more white is the KKK. It would be impossible for me to accept that a group with only 1% of its members being black is not racists (despite the crap flowing from your mouth).

"They're white. They're older. And they're angry.

CBS News and the New York Times surveyed 1,580 adults, including 881 self-identified Tea Party supporters, to get a snapshot of the Tea Party movement. There is a lot of information to unpack; let's begin with the demographics.

Eighteen percent of Americans identify as Tea Party supporters. The vast majority of them -- 89 percent -- are white. Just one percent is black."

Tea Party Supporters: Who They Are and What They Believe - CBS News

Remember when "you lie" was shouted out when Obama was giving a speech before Congress. Never happened before. That it just so happened when Obama was speaking...sure; not racist at all.

Republicans treat Obama better than they would have treated Hillary. Because of his race, some tactics in the GOP Playbook were off the table. Doesn't mean there are some cards played because of his race. The whole birth certificate thing was thinly veiled racism.

Republicans acted just like Republicans. Compromise is failure and their only tools are artificially created crisis and brinkmanship

I expect the same GOP when Hillary gets elected

Hillary was one of the very first to look into his birth certificate. Was that thinly veiled racism then?

Total bullshit

Let's hear a quote from Hillary

You got to be tripping on something if you think any politician is going to admit to their dirty tricks. I laughed out loud when I read you demand that takes a big set of balls. As you will not read in the next linked stories is that it was the Democrat camp that started the whole issue and a PA democrat that filed the first law suit. The left continues the story as much as they can but blame it on the right. They do that because they think it a wedge issue and in reality they have nothing else to run on.

The Democratic Roots of the Birther Movement

The idea of going after Obama’s otherness dates back to the last presidential election—and to Democrats. Long before Trump started in, Hillary Clinton’s chief strategist, Mark Penn, recognized this potential vulnerability in Obama and sought to exploit it. In a March 2007 memo to Clinton (that later found its way to me), Penn wrote: “All of these articles about his boyhood in Indonesia and his life in Hawaii are geared toward showing his background is diverse, multicultural and putting it in a new light,” he wrote. “Save it for 2050. It also exposes a very strong weakness for him—his roots to basic American values and culture are at best limited. I cannot imagine America electing a president during a time of war who is not at his center fundamentally American in his thinking and his values.”

Penn also suggested how the campaign might take advantage of this. “Every speech should contain the line that you were born in the middle of America to the middle class in the middle of the last century,” he advised Clinton. “And talk about the basic bargain as about [sic] the deeply American values you grew up with, learned as a child, and that drive you today.” He went on: “Let’s explicitly own ‘American’ in our programs, the speeches and the values. He doesn’t … Let’s add flag symbols to the backgrounds [of campaign events].”

Federal[edit]

Berg v. Obama[edit]

On August 21, 2008, Pennsylvania attorney Philip J. Berg, a Democrat[14] and former deputy state attorney general, filed a complaint alleging that Obama was born in Kenya, not Hawaii, and was therefore a citizen of Kenya or possibly Indonesia, where he lived as a child.[15][16][17] He alleged that the "Certification of Live Birth" on Obama's website is a forgery.[18] U.S. District Judge R. Barclay Surrick dismissed the complaint in October 2008, finding that Berg lacked standing to bring the case and that his attempts to gain standing to pursue his claim were "frivolous and not worthy of discussion."[14][19]

Bypassing the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, Berg filed a petition for a writ of certiorari before judgment in the United States Supreme Court. On December 10, 2008, the Supreme Court denied Berg's request for an injunction against the seating of the Electoral College, scheduled for December 15.[20] On December 15, 2008, the petitioner refiled the application for injunction.[21] Two days later, Berg's appeal was denied without comment by Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy.[17] Berg's previously denied request for an injunction was refiled with Justice Antonin Scalia on December 18, 2008.[21] On January 12, the Supreme Court denied the petition for certiorari. The application for stay addressed to Justice Scalia and referred to the Court was also summarily denied on January 21, 2009.[21]

On November 12, 2009, the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit affirmed the district court's ruling that Berg lacked standing.[22]

Barack Obama presidential eligibility litigation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But.... that's just a straw man Republicans have created. Atleast that's what I was told earlier today.

But that's just a straw man Republicans have created. Atleast that's what I was told earlier today.

Obama is the same skin color now as he was when he was voted in :eusa_hand:

The liberals just can't admit that they worshiped a false messiah; Obama is a dispicable failure - that is enough to " hate " him for.
For the record Democrats never saw Obama as the Messiah, false or otherwise. I believe the Messiah nicknames comes that famous republican seer, rush Limbaugh. Bottom line is that it is only the wingnuts that call Obama the Messiah (such as yourself)
But to be honest, one thing is certainly true and that is that those who voted for Obama saw him as an absolutely GIGANTIC step up from gwb.
Obama sucks - it's Bush's fault. You liberals can't evaluate obama without the Bush dichotomy - you are very challenged. I think Bush sucked - process that.

He wasn't vetted
I want to clear up a rather stupid lie being passed around, the lie being "He wasn't vetted."
Do you really think that during the Democratic primaries Hillary did not hire a group of the best lawyers in Washington to research Obama's life? Do you really think she would go into a race without doing everything possible to find some dirt she could use on Obama? I don't think so.
Jump ahead to the general. Once Obama had the nomination do you really think the McCain camp didn't hire teams of researchers to go through every part of Obama's life. He would have been a fool not to have done so. In fact, I have no doubt that the RNC also had research teams looking into Obama's past. Just like Hillary and McCain they found NOTHING. Obama's past was what he said it was.
But let's think a bit farther. There are a lot of wealthy republicans who would be willing to spend a fortune if they could find incriminating information on Obama that would have put McCain in the WH. Do you really think the kock brothers didn't have researchers going through Obama's history with a fine tooth comb to find anything they could use against him. Hell, even trump put people in the field to try to bring Obama down.
NOT ONE THING WAS FOUND BY HILLARY, MCCAIN, THE RNC, AND ASSORTED BILLIONAIRES THAT COULD BE USED AGAINST OBAMA. Not one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The bottom line is this, as the first black man to run for the office of president Obama is probably the best vetted president this country has ever had (PERIOD)
To think otherwise is probable cause to suspect brain damage or mental retardation.
Oh, and about referencing bush, keep in mind that bush's poll numbers were in the shitter by the end of 2008. The Democrats could have probably run a convicted serial ax murderer and won the presidency. Face it! The bush presidency virtually flushed the republicans chances of winning the presidency down the drain.

Has everyone forgotten the "vast rightwing conspiracy" Hillary propagated? Have you forgotten Clintons impeachment? Have you forgotten Limbaughs proclomation of America being "held hostage" from the beginning of Clintons term?
Unless I'm color blind Clinton is WHITE. The gop simply oppose the liberal agenda. Even when Clinton swung back towards the center he was still the target of the right.
Claiming all this crap is race related just shows your inability to form a coherent argument to promote your positions.

Is that why the right called Clinton the first black president?

For the record Democrats never saw Obama as the Messiah, false or otherwise. I believe the Messiah nicknames comes that famous republican seer, rush Limbaugh. Bottom line is that it is only the wingnuts that call Obama the Messiah (such as yourself)
But to be honest, one thing is certainly true and that is that those who voted for Obama saw him as an absolutely GIGANTIC step up from gwb.
Obama sucks - it's Bush's fault. You liberals can't evaluate obama without the Bush dichotomy - you are very challenged. I think Bush sucked - process that.

He wasn't vetted
I want to clear up a rather stupid lie being passed around, the lie being "He wasn't vetted."
Do you really think that during the Democratic primaries Hillary did not hire a group of the best lawyers in Washington to research Obama's life? Do you really think she would go into a race without doing everything possible to find some dirt she could use on Obama? I don't think so.
Jump ahead to the general. Once Obama had the nomination do you really think the McCain camp didn't hire teams of researchers to go through every part of Obama's life. He would have been a fool not to have done so. In fact, I have no doubt that the RNC also had research teams looking into Obama's past. Just like Hillary and McCain they found NOTHING. Obama's past was what he said it was.
But let's think a bit farther. There are a lot of wealthy republicans who would be willing to spend a fortune if they could find incriminating information on Obama that would have put McCain in the WH. Do you really think the kock brothers didn't have researchers going through Obama's history with a fine tooth comb to find anything they could use against him. Hell, even trump put people in the field to try to bring Obama down.
NOT ONE THING WAS FOUND BY HILLARY, MCCAIN, THE RNC, AND ASSORTED BILLIONAIRES THAT COULD BE USED AGAINST OBAMA. Not one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The bottom line is this, as the first black man to run for the office of president Obama is probably the best vetted president this country has ever had (PERIOD)
To think otherwise is probable cause to suspect brain damage or mental retardation.
Oh, and about referencing bush, keep in mind that bush's poll numbers were in the shitter by the end of 2008. The Democrats could have probably run a convicted serial ax murderer and won the presidency. Face it! The bush presidency virtually flushed the republicans chances of winning the presidency down the drain.

What they never seem to realize is that to run for president exposes the candidate to an FBI and State dept. background check to see if you are a citizen without felonies.

Well, the Right has certainly stopped with the "blacks only voted for Obama because he's black" mantra, correct?

What about that statement isn't true? Obama received 95% of the black vote in the 2008 Democratic primary. When has that ever happened with any other candidate?

Remember when "you lie" was shouted out when Obama was giving a speech before Congress. Never happened before. That it just so happened when Obama was speaking...sure; not racist at all.

Because the fact he is a liar had nothing to do with it, right? When has the man told the truth about anything? I don't think he can distinguish the difference anymore. He's gotten so comfortable lying it doesn't even concern him. He makes Nixon look like Honest Abe.

Because the fact he is a liar had nothing to do with it, right? When has the man told the truth about anything? I don't think he can distinguish the difference anymore. He's gotten so comfortable lying it doesn't even concern him. He makes Nixon look like Honest Abe.

Well, he's told his share of whoppers. That is for sure. Everything from keeping your insurance plan to setting limits on campaign finance. Name a President who hasn't told some degree of whoppers in their administration.

Did anyone in Congress every shout "you lie" at them? There is a palpable level of disrespect for Obama from other elected officials. I think it is largely based on race.

Well, he's told his share of whoppers. That is for sure. Everything from keeping your insurance plan to setting limits on campaign finance. Name a President who hasn't told some degree of whoppers in their administration.

He's gone far beyond "some degree" to the point that almost nothing that comes out of his mouth anymore is truthful. He's the most dishonest and manipulative president we've ever had.

Did anyone in Congress every shout "you lie" at them? There is a palpable level of disrespect for Obama from other elected officials.

And rightly so. He's a crook and a liar and should be impeached for multiple Constitutional violations. However, Bill Clinton got treated far worse by the Republicans than Obama has. The House actually did impeach him. The treatment that Bush got by the Democrats if fairly comparable to what Obama has endured by the right.

I think it is largely based on race.

That's because you're ignorant and biased.

He's gone far beyond "some degree" to the point that almost nothing that comes out of his mouth anymore is truthful. He's the most dishonest and manipulative president we've ever had.
Oh BS.

Harding was much more deceitful and candidly so. Nixon actually covered up a break in and was going to manufacture evidence to cover up the cover up. Andrew Jackson literally ignored a supreme court ruling.

You're speaking for a place of ignorance.

Did anyone in Congress every shout "you lie" at them? There is a palpable level of disrespect for Obama from other elected officials.

And rightly so. He's a crook and a liar and should be impeached for multiple Constitutional violations. However, Bill Clinton got treated far worse by the Republicans than Obama has. The House actually did impeach him. The treatment that Bush got by the Democrats if fairly comparable to what Obama has endured by the right.
Oh BS again.

Shouting out "you lie" during an address is a break in decorum that has not happened in recent memory and it's something you just don't do as a congressman.

Not even this whackjob of a House has brought up impeachment.

I think it is largely based on race.

That's because you're ignorant and biased.

No, there is a degree of antagonism from fellow office holders that was not there in all previous administrations. And you won't see it in the next person's administration. I think if you were to catch Boehner during one of his sober moments, he'd say the same thing.

I don't know, maybe because I'm jamming at the best of days. I don't see color. I don't live color. You american blacks are freaking weird and obviously want you some due while the rest of us just rock out.

There is no question that republicans have hated every Democratic president. But with Obama it is different despite your attempt to deny reality. NEVER in the history of the United States has the republican party refused to work with the president to solve America's problems. In the past the republicans may not have liked a Democratic president but they always found a way to compromise and to pass legislation for the good of the American people. In the last 5+ years the republican party has turned its back on the American people to insure that Obama has zero success. Since this is the first time that the republican party has sunk so low and since this is the first time we have had a black president it is impossible to ignore that their behavior is based on Obama's race.
Want more proof? The tea party, the base of the republican party is 99% white. The only group that is more white is the KKK. It would be impossible for me to accept that a group with only 1% of its members being black is not racists (despite the crap flowing from your mouth).

"They're white. They're older. And they're angry.

CBS News and the New York Times surveyed 1,580 adults, including 881 self-identified Tea Party supporters, to get a snapshot of the Tea Party movement. There is a lot of information to unpack; let's begin with the demographics.

Eighteen percent of Americans identify as Tea Party supporters. The vast majority of them -- 89 percent -- are white. Just one percent is black."

Tea Party Supporters: Who They Are and What They Believe - CBS News

Hey, you can't take all the gravy that comes with the 'first black POTUS' and then expect others to be quiet when said first black POTUS does things for the first time as POTUS.

And guess what?

He's still black

Most inconvenient for Obama.. and black folks in general

-Geaux

Did anyone in Congress every shout "you lie" at them? There is a palpable level of disrespect for Obama from other elected officials. I think it is largely based on race.

There is a palpable level of disrespect for other (R) elected officials from obama. pssst, that's not race-based either. :eusa_shhh:

coupla things:

1. obama is NOT black, he is half black, his mother was as white as Laura Bush.
2. Its his policies and lies that people hate, not his skin
3. He could have done great things to bring the country together, but he increased the divides in every way
4. worst president in history is an understatement.

Forum List

Back