Can you be a "non-Christian" and still go to heaven?

Well you were mistaken. I have no problem with short-term memory loss, which allows me to not be distracted easily. Sometimes instead of showing your stupidity and making silly statements you should read the comment that a person is responding to first before popping off some wild accusation about what the intention was. It helps to formulate proper context before make a fool of one's self.
Oh, so it's time to move the goalposts while you backtrack. Nice move, but you lose.
No....I'm just letting you know you are mistaken. It's not my fault you're don't do your homework and like to jump to conclusions.
Says the guys who has no proof of heaven but jumps to the conclusion that because someone wrote it in a book, it must exist. :lol:
I never went to Australia but I know it exists.

I know Heaven exists in the same way.

You can't see air, but you know it exists. Without it we wouldn't exist.
Air and Australia can be touched and measured in a whole bunch of ways. Heaven? You have nothing. You admitted as much because you're not dead, you don't know where it is. EPIC FAIL.
Okay....touch Australia right now.......and while you're at it bring me a bucket of air. I need a breather from all of the gassing you're doing today.

Heaven, is that the same place that god through adam out of for having sex with a woman?
Nope. That was the Garden Of Eden.

Heaven is not on Earth.
So where is heaven?
How should I know. Obviously I'm not dead
So you have nothing. Got it.
You can't even tell the difference between the Garden of Eden and Heaven, so STFU.
You believe you are going somewhere when you die that you have absolutely no idea where it is. I call you and raise you a big fat fool. :lol:

It only says that you don't have the intelligence to figure things out. Blame your own intelligence if you can't get a better answer than this.

Maybe it actually takes more intelligence to think on your own instead of accepting a dogmatic religion that was created by man, based on an old book that was originally written by...man...retranslated and edited by...man..etc etc.

Let's face it, the vast majority of people believe what they believe because they were taught to by someone else, and not their own personal experience.

See, you based that on your limited understanding of Christianity, and people of faith. And in fact, you are describing your own faults, rather than ours.
I spent the first 20 years of my life going to church, so I do have an understanding of Christianity. It just doesn't float my ark.

Good for you. You base your disdain on impressions gleaned during adolescence. Awesome.

LOL...

Instinctively I thought it was a pile of crap in the second grade. I took a much harder and closer look as an adult and found out that I was right.
Yeah that's typical. You form a view based on immature perceptions...and build a whole ideology around it. You visit it later not to actually check your early understanding...but to reinforce it and justify your rejection of Christ.

If nothing else, church brings an understanding of the natures of faith and religion. You'll note that nobody rejects religion that fully accept Christ. The only people who reject and attack it are the ones with limited understanding of it.

Oh, so it's time to move the goalposts while you backtrack. Nice move, but you lose.
No....I'm just letting you know you are mistaken. It's not my fault you're don't do your homework and like to jump to conclusions.
Says the guys who has no proof of heaven but jumps to the conclusion that because someone wrote it in a book, it must exist. :lol:

Air and Australia can be touched and measured in a whole bunch of ways. Heaven? You have nothing. You admitted as much because you're not dead, you don't know where it is. EPIC FAIL.
Okay....touch Australia right now.......and while you're at it bring me a bucket of air. I need a breather from all of the gassing you're doing today.
Your concession is duly noted.

Maybe it actually takes more intelligence to think on your own instead of accepting a dogmatic religion that was created by man, based on an old book that was originally written by...man...retranslated and edited by...man..etc etc.

Let's face it, the vast majority of people believe what they believe because they were taught to by someone else, and not their own personal experience.

See, you based that on your limited understanding of Christianity, and people of faith. And in fact, you are describing your own faults, rather than ours.
I spent the first 20 years of my life going to church, so I do have an understanding of Christianity. It just doesn't float my ark.

Good for you. You base your disdain on impressions gleaned during adolescence. Awesome.

LOL...

Instinctively I thought it was a pile of crap in the second grade. I took a much harder and closer look as an adult and found out that I was right.
Yeah that's typical. You form a view based on immature perceptions...and build a whole ideology around it. You visit it later not to actually check your early understanding...but to reinforce it and justify your rejection of Christ.

If nothing else, church brings an understanding of the natures of faith and religion. You'll note that nobody rejects religion that fully accept Christ. The only people who reject and attack it are the ones with limited understanding of it.
In other words, you think that because you believe in Christ that you're smarter than those who don't. Wow! Keep living the dream! :lol:

Why might any non-Christian have any interest in going to Cloud Cuckoo Land....or even whether there might be some such place?
It isn't entirely about the hereafter. Those who accept Christ and try to live a godly life reap benefits on earth as well.

LOL...

In other words, you think that because you believe in Christ that you're smarter than those who don't. Wow! Keep living the dream! :lol:
Well Im better informed, and I have grace in me. In your case, I am also 'smarter' but smartness and the quest for.smartness as you understand it is considered a shallow and worldly pursuit.

FYI I don't hate Christians. My parents are both still Christians. They are great people, as are the majority of Christians. My observations of people at Church when I do go is interesting. Most people look bored out of their minds. They stand when they are supposed to stand, repeat the same stuff every week ( often sounding like bored robots) and then stand around drinking coffee after. Sorry, that just doesn't inspire me.
What would inspire you?

#1) People staying awake
#2) If it were actually a learning experience, with an open dialogue with opened minded people, as opposed to being preached at by someone.
#3) Exotic dancers (female)
#4) See #3
You obviously never bothered to even try. Hundreds of thousands of Bible studies taking place in America this week having great discussions and debate.

But your 3&4 show you just like sinning without having to think you are held accountable to a higher authority. Don't feel bad, many men try to live that same delusional life.

That's just not where I chose to spend my time. I spend it with my family, and working with youth. In my experience, that is where I really feel like I am meeting my purpose, working with kids. I will have no problem answering to God how I lived my life. I'm very comfortable with that.

FYI I don't hate Christians. My parents are both still Christians. They are great people, as are the majority of Christians. My observations of people at Church when I do go is interesting. Most people look bored out of their minds. They stand when they are supposed to stand, repeat the same stuff every week ( often sounding like bored robots) and then stand around drinking coffee after. Sorry, that just doesn't inspire me.
What would inspire you?

#1) People staying awake
#2) If it were actually a learning experience, with an open dialogue with opened minded people, as opposed to being preached at by someone.
#4) See #3
You obviously never bothered to even try. Hundreds of thousands of Bible studies taking place in America this week having great discussions and debate.

But your 3&4 show you just like sinning without having to think you are held accountable to a higher authority. Don't feel bad, many men try to live that same delusional life.

I should have known better than to use sarcasm or any sense of humor in a religious forum.....

but what the hell! Gonna do it anyway!

There was a preacher who fell in the ocean and he couldn't swim. When a boat came by, the captain yelled, "Do you need help, sir?" The preacher calmly said "No, God will save me." A little later, another boat came by and a fisherman asked, "Hey, do you need help?" The preacher replied again, "No God will save me." Eventually the preacher drowned & went to heaven. The preacher asked God, "Why didn't you save me?" God replied, "Fool, I sent you two boats!"

Anyone who claims to be God probably isn't going to be welcomed into Heaven. Not only do you replace God in your heart, but you have no sense of humility.....which has a tendency to rule your thoughts and actions. Another thing that was stressed in the Gospel was good works alone cannot get you into the kingdom of Heaven. Faith is essential.
Heaven, is that the same place that god through adam out of for having sex with a woman?

Heaven is not on Earth.
So where is heaven?
You can detect 4 dimensions. Yet there are several dozen more you cannot see or feel. But they exist.
First of all, the extra dimensions are still a theory, like your god. And secondly, I'm agnostic, I see no proof either way for or against the possibility of their being a god, and if anyone ever puts forth proof either way, I'm open to changing my mind. It's the only rational position to have.
Yes, many dimensions are just theory, like God is and gravity is.
Everything in the universe is math, from a Higgs Boson to a spiral galaxy. Do you know what Fibonacci numbers are? If not, look it up. Everything has them. Everything.

Tell me, using your rationale position, what law in physics says chaos evolves into order?

What would inspire you?

#1) People staying awake
#4) See #3

I should have known better than to use sarcasm or any sense of humor in a religious forum.....

There was a preacher who fell in the ocean and he couldn't swim. When a boat came by, the captain yelled, "Do you need help, sir?" The preacher calmly said "No, God will save me." A little later, another boat came by and a fisherman asked, "Hey, do you need help?" The preacher replied again, "No God will save me." Eventually the preacher drowned & went to heaven. The preacher asked God, "Why didn't you save me?" God replied, "Fool, I sent you two boats!"
All humor has roots in truth.

What would inspire you?

#1) People staying awake
#4) See #3

That's just not where I chose to spend my time. I spend it with my family, and working with youth. In my experience, that is where I really feel like I am meeting my purpose, working with kids. I will have no problem answering to God how I lived my life. I'm very comfortable with that.
Good for you.

What would inspire you?

#1) People staying awake
#4) See #3

All humor has roots in truth.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.

My career, my time, is spent working with youth and with my family--which doesn't get in the way of Church. The question was why aren't you inspired by Church, and your answer appeared to be, "Because everyone looks bored and there is no open dialogue, only listening." If you are working with youth, then you know it is inevitable that some of them, sometimes, are going to look bored no matter what is happening. Is that going to stop you from working with them?

It's hard to phrase the question to convey what I mean and have it be taken seriously, not jokingly. What do expect to happen in Church, and what prevents that from igniting or happening? "People looking bored" actually affects you that much? It gets in the way of everything else?

LOL...

Well Im better informed, and I have grace in me. In your case, I am also 'smarter' but smartness and the quest for.smartness as you understand it is considered a shallow and worldly pursuit.
Like I said, keep living the dream! :lmao:

LOL...

Nonsense.

It was not so difficult in the second grade to read and memorize the ten commandments, see and hear what the priests says up there on the altar about the bread, made by human hands, becoming the body of Christ, and conclude quite rationally that he was the living embodiment of the talking serpent in the story of Adam and Eve that was just crammed down my throat under threats of real and imaginary violence. It wasn't so hard. I had just learned about fairy tales, human/animal metaphors, hidden teaching, etc., and the identity of the talking serpent was a dead giveaway when the priest said the object of worship was made by human hands.

I never rejected Christ, I rejected church teaching. in fact, rejection of idolatry is obedience to God and his Christ.

If you want to see what I see and have seen since the second grade, next time you go to church listen to whats being said during the consecration of the host, if you can stay awake for long enough, and then, if you can see, you will see with your own eyes grown men and women on their knees seeking spiritual life from a lifeless matzo made by human hands.

Its freaking unbelievable, I know, but do you have the faith to believe what can be seen with your own eyes and heard with your own ears?

Go and see for yourself and if your ears are functioning then hear what is brazenly said.

Last edited:

Heaven is not on Earth.
So where is heaven?
You can detect 4 dimensions. Yet there are several dozen more you cannot see or feel. But they exist.
First of all, the extra dimensions are still a theory, like your god. And secondly, I'm agnostic, I see no proof either way for or against the possibility of their being a god, and if anyone ever puts forth proof either way, I'm open to changing my mind. It's the only rational position to have.
Yes, many dimensions are just theory, like God is and gravity is.
Everything in the universe is math, from a Higgs Boson to a spiral galaxy. Do you know what Fibonacci numbers are? If not, look it up. Everything has them. Everything.

Tell me, using your rationale position, what law in physics says chaos evolves into order?
Gravity isn't a theory you fucking retard. :lmao:
And is there a point to your math deflections?

My career, my time, is spent working with youth and with my family--which doesn't get in the way of Church. The question was why aren't you inspired by Church, and your answer appeared to be, "Because everyone looks bored and there is no open dialogue, only listening." If you are working with youth, then you know it is inevitable that some of them, sometimes, are going to look bored no matter what is happening. Is that going to stop you from working with them?

It's hard to phrase the question to convey what I mean and have it be taken seriously, not jokingly. What do expect to happen in Church, and what prevents that from igniting or happening? "People looking bored" actually affects you that much? It gets in the way of everything else?

OK, it isn't just that people are bored. It is that I was bored. The messages were uninspiring. The whole occasion was uninspiring. It just was. When I stopped going to church, I did not find a hole in my life.

I would much rather go for a hike in the mountains than go to church, any day. I decided I would not go to church just for the sake of going.

Well you were mistaken. I have no problem with short-term memory loss, which allows me to not be distracted easily. Sometimes instead of showing your stupidity and making silly statements you should read the comment that a person is responding to first before popping off some wild accusation about what the intention was. It helps to formulate proper context before make a fool of one's self.

There is dark matter....maybe that is a tangible heaven??? ;)

Forum List

Back