🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Can you be hurt being called names?

I've been called more names since joining usmb than I have in all my previous decades. It's a hoot.

Maybe names don't hurt ... but telling tales certain can.

On July 4th 1946, just a year after the fall of Nazi Germany, many displaced Jews who survived the camps returned to their former home in Kielce Poland.

An eight-year-old Polish boy ran away from home and returned two-days later. He told his father he had been kidnapped by Jews and they were going to kill him in a ritual sacrifice.

The townsfolk of Kielce, lead by the mayor and the police, and Polish Army soliders, slaughtered more than 40 Jews, all survivors of Hitler's death camps.

The boy later recanted his story.

Last edited:
If someone insults you, that's "their" opinion and doesn't make their insult true....or it might be. In any case, as the old saying goes, "we can't go around walking on eggshells afraid we'll offend someone." Everyone is offended by something. As this nation has as part of its First Amendment, the freedom of speech and no other nation does, it allows us to express our feelings on matters and people.

Of course it's true. If someone called me an asshole, they wouldn't be lying.
An ass is literally a donkey of course, but you can't really "ride" an ass like you might ride a horse — you'd have to sit on the ass, maybe there's a saddle or something but essentially you'd have to plant your rear end on the donkey's rear end if you wanted to ride such an animal.

LOL....I got called names by the most violent offenders VDOC could offer-up for 20 years so the name calling here is very weak sauce.

87% of the time we paid it no mind but there was actually a charge we could use against the convicts that would levy a $2.00 fine and if they started to get too carried away with their "verbal assaults" we would write them up and take their $2.00.

I know it does not sound like much but they were only making a max of .35 cents a day on the gun gangs and such back then so $2.00 was dear to them.

An ass is literally a donkey of course, but you can't really "ride" an ass like you might ride a horse — you'd have to sit on the ass, maybe there's a saddle or something but essentially you'd have to plant your rear end on the donkey's rear end if you wanted to ride such an animal.
I've ridden some fantastic asses without sitting on them.

I get it all the time. Itsshow a lack of intelligence, no debate and hatred.
Most republicans do it.
And if you are hurt when someone calls you a bad name, does this mean you believe the name is true?

LOL....I got called names by the most violent offenders VDOC could offer-up for 20 years so the name calling here is very weak sauce.

87% of the time we paid it no mind but there was actually a charge we could use against the convicts that would levy a $2.00 fine and if they started to get too carried away with their "verbal assaults" we would write them up and take their $2.00.

I know it does not sound like much but they were only making a max of .35 cents a day on the gun gangs and such back then so $2.00 was dear to them.
That's a lot of smokes and candy bars.

Forum List

Back