Canadian man faces 2 years in prison for passing out Jesus saves pamphlets at gay pride parade

frigidweirdo said:
This is NOT freedom of speech. This is the exact thing that freedom of speech does not cover. Going around and telling people to fuck themselves, angering people at their own event, and potentially putting himself in danger.

Not freedom of speech. He can say that kind of stuff, but to go and attack people with it, is not a freedom protected.
If You Followed The Links Within The OP Article
You Would Have Seen This:

"However, reports say that the pamphlets neither encouraged hate against homosexuals, nor advocated violence.
Whatcott, who has been fired from his job, said he wasn't given food for 24 hours while in jail"

The Official Police Statement Doesn't Say What The Specific 'Hate Speech' Was Either

Toronto Police Service :: News Release #41431

Just because you don't encourage hate nor advocate violence, doesn't mean that people won't get annoyed at this. It doesn't mean it's not insulting to people.

Imagine someone going around with pamphlets that tell you that you're born wrong. How would you feel?

That I want to ignore them. I wouldn't, however, want to see them dragged away in handcuffs for doing it.

Why? They're purposefully going around trying to cause problems.

frigidweirdo said:
They're purposefully going around trying to cause problems.
Just Jail People That Piss You Off

He didn't just piss people off. Did he? He went searching for these people.

So, if he can do this, would it be okay to go into a black neighborhood with pamphlets about how slavery was okay?

frigidweirdo said:
These People Invited Him There By Having A Parade
Didn't They
That's The Point Of Parades
Isn't It
The Whole Point Of Pride Parades Is To Annoy And Piss People Off

His Presence Was Annoying Them
Although He Didn't Challenge Or Rail Against Them
And You Think That Should Be A Criminal Offence

Wollcott's Jailing And Firing From His Job Are Prime Examples
Of Today's 'NAZI' And 'Hitler'
And It's ALWAYS In Support Of The LEFT
It's Meant To Intimidate Everyone Else, Too
It Worked On His Former Boss

Last edited:
frigidweirdo said:
These People Invited Him There By Having A Parade
Didn't They
That's The Point Of Parades
Isn't It
The Whole Point Of Pride Parades Is To Annoy And Piss People Off

His Presence Was Annoying Them
Although He Didn't Challenge Or Rail Against Them
And You Think That Should Be A Criminal Offence

Wollcott's Jailing And Firing From His Job Are Prime Examples
Of Today's 'NAZI' And 'Hitler'
And It's ALWAYS In Support Of The LEFT
It's Meant To Intimidate Everyone Else, Too
It Worked On His Former Boss

Did they have a parade so that people who don't want to enjoy the parade will come along and go around angering the people at the parade?

frigidweirdo said:
Did they have a parade so that people who don't want to enjoy the parade will come along and go around angering the people at the parade?
Yes...Absolutely
Pissing People Off In Their Face
Is The Only Point Of Pride Parades

And You Still Think That People Should Be Thrown In Prison
Just Because You Don't Like It

frigidweirdo said:
Yes...Absolutely

It's about whether I like it or not.

What are the point of laws? What's the point of putting people in prison?

Protecting people from harassment, from being made to feel like it isn't their country. That's exactly what laws are for.

If the same thing happened with black people, it's be a reason to lock someone up, right?

What this guy did was an insult not only to LGBTs, but also to Christians.

If you don't like a parade, stay home or go somewhere else. Don't go just to harass other people.

A two-year sentence would be too long, however. How about a week in the slammer so this guy can get his head out of his ass and a fine.

frigidweirdo said:
This is NOT freedom of speech. This is the exact thing that freedom of speech does not cover. Going around and telling people to fuck themselves, angering people at their own event, and potentially putting himself in danger.

Not freedom of speech. He can say that kind of stuff, but to go and attack people with it, is not a freedom protected.

"However, reports say that the pamphlets neither encouraged hate against homosexuals, nor advocated violence.
Whatcott, who has been fired from his job, said he wasn't given food for 24 hours while in jail"

The Official Police Statement Doesn't Say What The Specific 'Hate Speech' Was Either

Just because you don't encourage hate nor advocate violence, doesn't mean that people won't get annoyed at this. It doesn't mean it's not insulting to people.

Imagine someone going around with pamphlets that tell you that you're born wrong. How would you feel?

That I want to ignore them. I wouldn't, however, want to see them dragged away in handcuffs for doing it.

Because speech is and should be protected. That's the bottom line. If I want my rights protected, I need to protect the other guy's. That's freedom.

frigidweirdo said:

So, if he can do this, would it be okay to go into a black neighborhood with pamphlets about how slavery was okay?

Probably get you a punch in the nose, but shouldn't get you hauled away in cuffs.

IOW, not okay, but in America today, legal, as it should be.

Canadian Man Faces 2 Years in Prison for Passing Out Jesus Saves Pamphlets at Gay Pride Parade
A Christian bus driver in Toronto has been charged with a “hate crime” for distributing pamphlets saying homosexuality can lead to diseases and that Jesus can save gay people if they repent. Bill Whatcott “distributed anti-gay material which promoted hatred toward the gay community,” Toronto Police Service said in a statement, adding that he was arrested in Calgary and later returned to Toronto.
Well wonder how the leftards will handle it all when it blows back on themn.

But . . . . but, homosexuality DOES lead to diseases! !

Nope just a lie by you homophobes.

HIV and Gay and Bisexual Men Understanding HIV/AIDS

The Left. So caught up in their own lies and myths, they don't even care when they are bald-faced.

The Bigots. So caught up with their own lies they even lie about their lies.

Sexual Transmission of HIV
In the United States, sexual contact is the most common route of HIV transmission. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), nearly 70 percent of the estimated number of new HIV infections in 2014, were among men who have sex with other men (MSM). The term “MSM “is important because many men who have sex with men do not necessarily identify themselves as gay or bisexual. HIV transmitted through sexual activity among heterosexuals accounted for nearly 23 percent of new infections; most of these cases were among women who contracted the virus from men. People who inject drugs accounted for 7 percent of new infections, though about 40 percent of those were MSM, so it isn’t possible to know for sure whether those men contracted HIV by sharing injection equipment or through sex.

Good point. Thanks for clarifying that 3 out of 4 HIV cases are due to faggots. Gays spread disease.

And that is just ONE of the many diseases that are rampant among gay men.

It is not an healthy lifestyle.

Protecting people from harassment, from being made to feel like it isn't their country. That's exactly what laws are for....If the same thing happened with black people, it's be a reason to lock someone up, right?

Please stop comparing a noble race of people to a lifestyle cult that does illegal sex acts in "pride" where they invite kids to watch. It's incredibly insulting to blacks.

Strive to understand the fundamental difference when it comes to discrimination based on unavoidable birth characteristics vs adopted sex kinks that have formed a de facto cult. I have a feeling our country's USSC will be spelling that difference out soon to preserve the 1st Amendment from further attack from your cult.

I note where you are staunchly for law & order but not when it comes to protecting kids from indecent exposure from your deviant sex cult. Please also stop being a hypocrite.

Last edited:
frigidweirdo said:
Yes...Absolutely

Protecting people from harassment, from being made to feel like it isn't their country. That's exactly what laws are for.

If the same thing happened with black people, it's be a reason to lock someone up, right?

Do you support Maxine Waters' attempt to get her followers to harass Republicans just trying to live their lives?

frigidweirdo said:

Because speech is and should be protected. That's the bottom line. If I want my rights protected, I need to protect the other guy's. That's freedom.

All speech?

Should treason be protected? Libel? Hate speech?

Maybe you should protect my freedom to kill you, how about that?

frigidweirdo said:

Probably get you a punch in the nose, but shouldn't get you hauled away in cuffs.

What happens if he gets more than punched in the nose. What happens if he ends up dead on the floor?

frigidweirdo said:
Yes...Absolutely

Do you support Maxine Waters' attempt to get her followers to harass Republicans just trying to live their lives?

Well, that would depend on what she's done. I'm not up on what Maxine Waters is doing.

But no, if there were a situation where people were being harassed for living their lives without hurting other people, I would not support that.

All speech?

Keep it confined to speech, will you? You're wandering far afield now.

frigidweirdo said:

What happens if he gets more than punched in the nose. What happens if he ends up dead on the floor?

Then someone gets arrested for murder.

All speech?

Keep it confined to speech, will you? You're wandering far afield now.

Is treason not speech? How about libel?

Forum List

Back