Canadian residents face the longest waits in the world for U.S. visas

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Interesting. Numbers are rising in Canada as the best and brightest try to leave for freedom while perhaps the American apparatuses don't trust those the types of people we produce thanks to the Security Industrial Complex that enforces a caste system and abuse our most vulnerable.

I alerted our most important domestic agencies of these abuses and warned the highest office in Canada since 2006 that there would be negative outcomes for our nation if we didn't hold abusers accountable. In short, American institutions wouldn't be naively in the dark forever. I am but one example of the nefarious methods employed in Canada unfortunately.

I've said for a long time that we should have studied the U.S Constitution as the way forward economically and socially. With absolute lack of accountability for the powerful here it may be too late. Our reputation precedes us and it is extremely difficult to alter course.

I've tried to do my part to affect change and I can only hold out hope for this change. Instead of leveraging people who can build bridges with the U.S they seem to prefer digging moats until it is reciprocated

Canadian residents who require a visa to visit the United States face the longest wait times in the world.

A CBC News analysis of wait times for appointments to obtain U.S. tourist visas shows that while wait times in countries like India and Mexico have been improving since November 2022, wait times in Canada have been getting worse.

Six of the 10 longest wait times around the world were recorded at the U.S. embassy and consulate offices in Canada that offer visa appointments.

Currently, those who apply for a B1/B2 visitor visa appointment in Ottawa or Quebec City face the longest wait times in the world — 850 days. Halifax is not far behind at 840 days, followed by Calgary at 839 days. Getting a visa appointment in Toronto takes 753 days, while in Vancouver it's 731 days.

Wait times can fluctuate from day to day. Earlier this month, Toronto had the longest wait time in the world — 900 days.

The other locations with the longest current wait times are Istanbul, Turkey (774 days), Bogota, Colombia (677 days), Guatemala City, Guatemala (645 days) and Hermosillo, Mexico (576 days).

Last edited:

Canadian residents face the longest waits in the world for U.S. visas​

Just try entering illegally (especially from the southern border) for faster service. TIPS:
  • Tear your clothes.
  • Smear some charcoal on your face for a darker complexion.
  • Put some taco meat around your mouth.
  • Say 'Si Senor' to everything.
  • Carrying a small child helps.
The US government will bus you in, give you a credit card and healthcare, then put you up in a swank hotel. 🌵

Forum List

Back