Cancer Patient Joan Carrico: Devastated by Obamacare

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
Cancer patient: I'm devastated over Obamacare?Commentary

Has this been posted yet? confirmed or discussed?

Joan Carrico, a 60-year old registered nurse who has been fighting cancer for the past six years, shared her her Obamacare experience with CNBC.com in November. She liked her insurance policy but unexpectedly received a cancellation notice with the implementation of the Affordable Care Act despite the president's assurances that "If you like your plan you can keep it." And, like many others, she had trouble logging on to the HealthCare.gov wesite. Since then, the president has granted a one-year extension for those who received cancellation notices and the website has improved — but there's still a lot to sort out. Carrico shares an update of what's happened since then.

her case is actually a glaring evidency of the blatant lie that the leftards use to this day - that people who have preexisting condition ( and especially expensive one like cancer is) - were not able to but insurance or were dropped.

It is an absolute LIE and this lady's story is a proof.

While I don't consider myself a "liberal", I do believe there is another way for healthcare to be handled...financially.

I have MS, with lesions on my spinal cord (at the very top and the very bottom), and lesions on my brain. I was dumped from Medicaid (which is actually run by our state government) a couple of weeks ago. So....dutifully paying my taxes all 19 years of my employment, has been fruitful. (sarcasm) This was the ONLY time in my life that I needed financial assistance, from that which I paid in.

I've priced premiums for private insurance, and have concluded that I have 2 choices:

1. Live indoors, eat a diet which is compatible with sustaining life, and take a laissez-faire attitude with my brain.

2. Live in my car, cut my diet to about 500-800 calories per day , and preserve my brain with drugs, which theoretically slow the disease process.

I surrender. "They" have won. I just pray to God that I learn a new skill, before my brain no longer retains new information. That's novel, eh; someone who believes in equal opportunities, but who also wants/passionately desires work? No. It isn't rare. It's just what some are being told to believe.

Cancer patient: I'm devastated over Obamacare?Commentary

Has this been posted yet? confirmed or discussed?

Joan Carrico, a 60-year old registered nurse who has been fighting cancer for the past six years, shared her her Obamacare experience with CNBC.com in November. She liked her insurance policy but unexpectedly received a cancellation notice with the implementation of the Affordable Care Act despite the president's assurances that "If you like your plan you can keep it." And, like many others, she had trouble logging on to the HealthCare.gov wesite. Since then, the president has granted a one-year extension for those who received cancellation notices and the website has improved — but there's still a lot to sort out. Carrico shares an update of what's happened since then.

Can we say death panels redefined? Here is yet another accounting from a victim of Obamacare..This is going on all across the country. People who were in the process of being treated for cancer only to have their insurance pulled. :eusa_hand: A death sentence.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ0aAfmg0VE]Obamacare Woman With Stage 4 Gallbladder Cancer Loses Insurance Coverage & Left Now Blaming Her - YouTube[/ame]

While I don't consider myself a "liberal", I do believe there is another way for healthcare to be handled...financially.

I have MS, with lesions on my spinal cord (at the very top and the very bottom), and lesions on my brain. I was dumped from Medicaid (which is actually run by our state government) a couple of weeks ago. So....dutifully paying my taxes all 19 years of my employment, has been fruitful. (sarcasm) This was the ONLY time in my life that I needed financial assistance, from that which I paid in.

I've priced premiums for private insurance, and have concluded that I have 2 choices:

1. Live indoors, eat a diet which is compatible with sustaining life, and take a laissez-faire attitude with my brain.

2. Live in my car, cut my diet to about 500-800 calories per day , and preserve my brain with drugs, which theoretically slow the disease process.

I surrender. "They" have won. I just pray to God that I learn a new skill, before my brain no longer retains new information. That's novel, eh; someone who believes in equal opportunities, but who also wants/passionately desires work? No. It isn't rare. It's just what some are being told to believe.

I am so sad for this devastating news of your condition, and don't know how to help except to hold out for real hope and change, for you.

I actually spoke to a woman in her 30's shortly before O was reelected and she told me she had MS and was voting for Obama, because he would help her. I am hearing that medications for chronic diseases, are being cut but I don't know if that is a fact ....heard of it the past two days. So defeating. Bless you sweetheart.

I am so sad for this devastating news of your condition, and don't know how to help except to hold out for real hope and change, for you.

I actually spoke to a woman in her 30's shortly before O was reelected and she told me she had MS and was voting for Obama, because he would help her. I am hearing that medications for chronic diseases, are being cut but I don't know if that is a fact ....heard of it the past two days. So defeating. Bless you sweetheart.

I appreciate that. No one person, is entirely to blame for these events. I do, however, blame dirty business practices for much of it. Health insurance is a huge racket; and healthcare itself, is slowly turning into one. Paying taxes, results in NIL! There was a time, when taxes were used for things that benefitted everyone. Government and some businesses are now so corrupt, that to depend on either, guarantees one a life in poverty, if they should happen to get ill.

It's my own damned fault. I should have made myself more marketable, while I still had the opportunity. I'm still working on it, and praying that this occurs, before my brain turns into jerky.

To make the great omelet we call "ObamaCare" some eggs had to be broken.

Were you previously aware that YOU, too, are a mere egg?

This unfortunate person apparently didn't.

Not previously.

What about the hundreds and thousands of patients like this every year cast aside by the health insurance companies in the old system?

And I am sure that this patient will be care for, unlike all of those who went by before.

What about the hundreds and thousands of patients like this every year cast aside by the health insurance companies in the old system?

And I am sure that this patient will be care for, unlike all of those who went by before.

Tell us how she will be taken care of Fakey.

Do you have relatives and/or friends living in the states where your level of income will qualify for medicaid?
the figures are easy to be found.
That might be the only option, for the next year.
Make sure your income for this year does NOT exceed the level.
I hope you can get through this period with the least amount of losses and I wish you that sincerely.

and, BTW, you qualify for disability - and that is an automatic Medicare. Check also SSI possibility - that might also give you the benefit of obtaining Medicare.
I surely hope so.

Last edited:

except that is a LIE.
there were no thousands of patients dumped in the old system.

the old system was exponentially much more AFFORDABLE than the crap we have now.

Last edited:

except that is a LIfE.
there were no thousands of patients dumped in the old system.

the old system was exponentially much more AFFORDABLE than the crap we have now.

Obviously. After all Joan Carrico wasn't dumped until obamacare. She had insurance that was paying her bills and she was okay.

Do you have relatives and/or friends living in the states where your level of income will qualify for medicaid?
the figures are easy to be found.
That might be the only option, for the next year.
Make sure your income for this year does NOT exceed the level.
I hope you can get through this period with the least amount of losses and I wish you that sincerely.

and, BTW, you qualify for disability - and that is an automatic Medicare. Check also SSI possibility - that might also give you the benefit of obtaining Medicare.
I surely hope so.

I am on SSDI....which is about half of my paycheck, when I worked. Right now, I "might" qualify for "Medigap". It will be 18-20 months before I will qualify for Medicare. I HATE not working, and miss my PPO. :mad:

To make the great omelet we call "ObamaCare" some eggs had to be broken.

Were you previously aware that YOU, too, are a mere egg?

This unfortunate person apparently didn't.

Not previously.

It's a combination of many things.

1. How much is PRISM costing the taxpayers? I wonder how much Narus, Verint, Comverse, NICE-and who the hell knows who else-are charging for their services. Government intelligence is the place to invest, because most of its budgeting, is classified.
2. This will undoubtedly have dire effects on US telecommunications companies; which will result in further unemployment.
3. There are people who abuse Medicaid, or who've never taken the initiative (for whatever reason) to improve their living situations.
4. E-verify-which is reportedly "free", even though it operates under Homeland Security, and has been proven to be marginally effective.
5. My Medicaid is state-run. It is called Tenncare. Governor Haslam refused federal aid, and decided to dump several TC enrollees....including children with mothers who gross less than $20K/year.
6. His rejection is understandable though, considering that our government is paying astronomical prices to spy on people. And we have to pay the subsidiary of the subsidiary, of the subsidiary. One could go on for hours.

This isn't just Obama. And it isn't just the right, or the left. This is just plain unintentional, and intentional mismanagement. And I don't see how we will ever dig out of this.

Last edited:
OK...we're told not to call it affordable cause they finally realized it's not affordable. Can't call it Obamacare cause that's racist. I'm sure they'll come up with a pleasant sounding name shortly. Until then blame Bush.

Forum List

Back