Capitol Police Chief Warns Extremists 'Want To Blow Up The Capitol' When Biden Addresses Congress

I don't think that the warnings will be ignored this time.

Some of the same trump people who attacked the capitol in January now want to blow up the capitol and kill as many politicians as possible.

I hope all who are involved in this are found and their plots stopped.

Isn't it extremely odd for the Chief of Police to publicly announce this? I think this might be the most odd announcement I've ever heard from a Chief of Police. Just what is the motive here?

If you have enough evidence to suggest that this warning was given, then you probably have enough evidence to arrest someone and interrogate them, so why would someone go public with this without first arresting someone?

If you don't have any evidence, you are just generating fear from an anonymous source, which some might suggest is political, even if it isn't.. You want to bet that almost every president and government receives plenty of threats from plenty of anonymous sources?

Maybe the American people will get to see a mass of police protection that they can focus the images on before the speech. Maybe some think that such imagery will bring old GOP voters back to the Establishment and forget the whole "America First" inconvenience.

If that is the effort of some, they might want to be reminded that America is losing the E.U and potentially the Far East, as we speak. Even as some send warships to the SCS, there is GREAT distrust in the West defending their interests. THAT, should be the medias focus. It isn't, an that's a real problem.

Your domestic population isn't your greatest national security threat. Weak, China First politicians, enablers or compromised traitors? Now that's a debate on can have...

Some of the same trump people who attacked the capitol in January now want to blow up the capitol and kill as many politicians as possible.

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Capitol Police plans to maintain its enhanced level of security around the Capitol through at least President Joe Biden's first official address to Congress because intelligence suggests extremists could be planning an attack, acting Chief Yogananda Pittman said Thursday.

"We know that members of the militia groups that were present on January 6th have stated their desires that they want to blow up the Capitol and kill as many members as possible with a direct nexus to the State of the Union, which we know that date has not been identified," she told members of Congress, referring to Biden's upcoming first address to a joint session of Congress.

"So based on that information, we think that it's prudent that Capitol Police maintain its enhanced and robust security posture until we address those vulnerabilities going forward," she added.

continued

Good. All we can do is prepare for terrorist attacks. Investigations will hopefully tell us why we ignored intelligence we had prior to the Jan 6 terrorist attacks.
The warnings won't be ignored this time. I wonder why the trump people have been complaining about the National Guard presence in DC?
Fair question. They get pissy whenever it's brought up. Did they think we're just going to let them launch domestic terrorist attacks as they please?
4 years of leftists terrorist attacks
On our nation's capitol, putting the VP's and other legislators' lives at risk and trying to stop our very democratic process?

Wow! I didn't know! That's amazing!

Good. All we can do is prepare for terrorist attacks. Investigations will hopefully tell us why we ignored intelligence we had prior to the Jan 6 terrorist attacks.
The warnings won't be ignored this time. I wonder why the trump people have been complaining about the National Guard presence in DC?
Fair question. They get pissy whenever it's brought up. Did they think we're just going to let them launch domestic terrorist attacks as they please?
4 years of leftists terrorist attacks
On our nation's capitol, putting the VP's and other legislators' lives at risk and trying to stop our very democratic process?

Wow! I didn't know! That's amazing!
fuck'em they didn't seem to care about the leftists attacks of 4 years may they rot in hell with Satan

Isn't it extremely odd for the Chief of Police to publicly announce this? I think this might be the most odd announcement I've ever heard from a Chief of Police. Just what is the motive here?

If you have enough evidence to suggest that this warning was given, then you probably have enough evidence to arrest someone and interrogate them, so why would someone go public with this without first arresting someone?

If you don't have any evidence, you are just generating fear from an anonymous source, which some might suggest is political, even if it isn't.. You want to bet that almost every president and government receives plenty of threats from plenty of anonymous sources?

Maybe the American people will get to see a mass of police protection that they can focus the images on before the speech. Maybe some think that such imagery will bring old GOP voters back to the Establishment and forget the whole "America First" inconvenience.

If that is the effort of some, they might want to be reminded that America is losing the E.U and potentially the Far East, as we speak. Even as some send warships to the SCS, there is GREAT distrust in the West defending their interests. THAT, should be the medias focus. It isn't, an that's a real problem.

Your domestic population isn't your greatest national security threat. Weak, China First politicians, enablers or compromised traitors? Now that's a debate on can have...
Keep everyone is a state of fear...It's working, at least with the moonbats.

Pittman emphasized that the insurrectionists that attacked the Capitol "weren't only interested in attacking members of Congress and officers."

"They wanted to send a symbolic message to the nation as to who was in charge of that legislative process," she said.

The president is expected to deliver an address to a joint session of Congress, similar to a State of the Union, sometime after Congress passes his Covid-19 relief package.

Pittman told members of the subcommittee that oversees funding for the legislative branch that while her department knew armed extremists could commit violence at the Capitol on Jan. 6, intelligence collected in advance of the assault showed "no credible threat" of the size and scale of the riot.

The department prepared for that day’s events based on the information gathered by law enforcement, including the FBI and the intelligence community, she said.

"It has been suggested that the department was either ignorant of or ignored critical intelligence that indicated that an attack of the magnitude that we experienced, on January 6 would occur," Pittman said.

"The department was not ignorant of intelligence indicating an attack of the size and scale we encountered on the 6th," she said. "There was no such intelligence. Although we knew the likelihood for violence by extremists, no credible threat indicated that tens of thousands would attack the U.S. Capitol, nor did the intelligence received from the FBI, or any other law enforcement partner indicate such a threat."

continued

Thanks. I try to ask fair questions.

I do know that the warnings by police and intelligence about extremists have been announced since at least the Obama years.

I remember the republicans getting all upset when the first ones were announced. The government at the time actually retracted their report and amended it to not offend republicans.

Doing that only placated the extremists and allowed things to get worse.

I'm sure the republicans will whine about this then try to sweep it under the rug while still whining about the numbers of National Guard still in DC.

Good. All we can do is prepare for terrorist attacks.

Investigations will hopefully tell us why we ignored intelligence we had prior to the Jan 6 terrorist attacks.

The warnings won't be ignored this time.

I wonder why the trump people have been complaining about the National Guard presence in DC?
Because it is hard to plan a total take over with all the NG people around. They want the WH an Capitol protected as little as possible.

They should take out both sides, completely.

start fresh,,,

New House

New Senate

New President/VP.

Timothy McVeigh loves you!!!

The FBI sure didn't mind shooting and killing randy weavers family did they. Or, killing innocent women and children at waco.
None of them give a single flying fuck about Ashli Babbit.

Thats right and the officer never died from being hit from a fire extinguisher. Also, the other two officers that died.......committed suicide, two and three days later. The only violence occurring was self inflicted suicide and a cop murdering an unarmed women. The liberal trash propaganda quickly runs away from the facts as the idiots in congress put on a circus with croc tears.

I do know that the warnings by police and intelligence about extremists have been announced since at least the Obama years.

I remember the republicans getting all upset when the first ones were announced. The government at the time actually retracted their report and amended it to not offend republicans.

I'm sure the republicans will whine about this then try to sweep it under the rug while still whining about the numbers of National Guard still in DC.
You do realize the extremist's that are the threat are you leftists

Pittman emphasized that the insurrectionists that attacked the Capitol "weren't only interested in attacking members of Congress and officers."

"They wanted to send a symbolic message to the nation as to who was in charge of that legislative process," she said.

The president is expected to deliver an address to a joint session of Congress, similar to a State of the Union, sometime after Congress passes his Covid-19 relief package.

Pittman told members of the subcommittee that oversees funding for the legislative branch that while her department knew armed extremists could commit violence at the Capitol on Jan. 6, intelligence collected in advance of the assault showed "no credible threat" of the size and scale of the riot.

The department prepared for that day’s events based on the information gathered by law enforcement, including the FBI and the intelligence community, she said.

"It has been suggested that the department was either ignorant of or ignored critical intelligence that indicated that an attack of the magnitude that we experienced, on January 6 would occur," Pittman said.

"The department was not ignorant of intelligence indicating an attack of the size and scale we encountered on the 6th," she said. "There was no such intelligence. Although we knew the likelihood for violence by extremists, no credible threat indicated that tens of thousands would attack the U.S. Capitol, nor did the intelligence received from the FBI, or any other law enforcement partner indicate such a threat."

continued

It reads even more retarded the second time....And you saps lap it up like a kitten at a saucer of cream.

How dare they want to blow up corrupt politicians............

Oh wait...what's the issue again?

Well, they have the country's attention now.

They've been telling us for years how they have to "fight" to "save their country" from "the commies".

They've been telling us for years how many guns they have, and how ready they are to use them.

Okay, got it. We believe them now. We thought they were just nuts. Now we know they're serious.

What a load of false flag manure!

Investigations will hopefully tell us why we ignored intelligence we had prior to the Jan 6 terrorist attacks.

I wonder why the trump people have been complaining about the National Guard presence in DC?
Because it is hard to plan a total take over with all the NG people around. They want the WH an Capitol protected as little as possible.
Tin-Foil-Hat.jpg

I still say that if BLM had tried to force their entry into the Capitol, there would be blood flowing down the steps and bodies laying in piles. I watched January 6th happen and kept asking, where are the reinforcements. It turns out that trump and Michael Flint's brother were doing everything they could to keep anyone from helping the Capitol police.

What a load false flag manure!
I suggest going long on tin foil futures.

They actually get indignant when people take their words seriously and then take proper steps to prevent the violence they say they will commit.

How dare we protect ourselves from violence and how dare we tell the people of our nation about the violent extremists.

These people have a lot of nerve.

Forum List

Back