Caribbean Coral Reef Die-Off Not Caused By Climate Change After All, Expert Report Wr

Nope.. Gotta be Global Warming. Either that 0.5degC or that 0.1 pH change..
I ain't buying no Exxon funded science on this..

Seriously, watch the 8minute video on that page.. It's back to the good ole days of special interests ruining the environment and
we can oppose them and turn things around.. Hope springs ....... That the enviro movement will quit preaching doom and destruction and hopelessness and get back to work...

:up:

Science and environmentalism IS BACK IN STYLE !!!!!!

But you trust government funded science when that has just as much of an agenda.

I have twice now discussed my previous posts.

Try to keep up.

And you might perhaps keep in mind that the percent of your posts accurately reflecting the holdings of mainstream science is roughly... oh... zero.
You have not discussed them; you're pretending they don't exist.

You undeniably jumped on the "AGW is killing the coral!!" emotional bandwagon.

Now you want to pretend you never did?

You can't rewrite history, son, although the AGW cult is utterly dependent on the effort.

You should work on your reading

Your problem, Dave, is that AGW IS killing the coral. It's just not the primary cause of the severe coral loss that's taken place in the Caribbean since the early 1990s.

Obviously not, since I still hold the position.

You can't rewrite history, son, although the AGW cult is utterly dependent on the effort.

You're babbling. Increasing water temperatures and acidification is a threat to all the world's corals. Those insults compounded with the loss of the algae grazers in the Caribbean only mean it will likely be the first to die off entirely. Think of it as an advance preview of what the world will be like without coral reefs.

Your problem, Dave, is that AGW IS killing the coral. It's just not the primary cause of the severe coral loss that's taken place in the Caribbean since the early 1990s.

You're babbling. Increasing water temperatures and acidification is a threat to all the world's corals. Those insults compounded with the loss of the algae grazers in the Caribbean only mean it will likely be the first to die off entirely. Think of it as an advance preview of what the world will be like without coral reefs.

You're quite insane.

You're like Rdean and Republicans. He can take any event, and I mean any and blame it on Republicans. You can take any event, and I mean any and blame it on Manmade Global Climate Change Disruption.

What "event" do you think I just blamed on global warming? Pardon me, on "Manmade Global Climate Change Disruption".

What "event" do you think I just blamed on global warming? Pardon me, on "Manmade Global Climate Change Disruption".

"Your problem, Dave, is that AGW IS killing the coral. It's just not the primary cause of the severe coral loss that's taken place in the Caribbean since the early 1990s." -- Crick, who apparently also suffers amnesia

Sure thing, Chicken Little.

I have twice now discussed my previous posts.

Try to keep up.

And you might perhaps keep in mind that the percent of your posts accurately reflecting the holdings of mainstream science is roughly... oh... zero.

MAINSTREAM science eh? Still haven't noticed that science is about to do a 180 on your coral mainstream.. What's happened to you was that you THOUGHT you were effortlessly floating downstream. But in reality, the school you were hooked up with were fighting the current all the way..

sockeye-salmon-swimming-upstream-encountering-river-management-systems.jpg

End of the road Bullwinkle...

What has happened in the Caribbean has been due to human influences and special circumstances (the Caribbean is the most isolated tropical region on the planet). Coral degradation has been taking place there MUCH faster than anywhere else on the planet. It is that accelerated degradation that is the result of the loss of algae grazers. High temperatures and acidification is still a threat to corals worldwide. This new research presents not one iota of evidence to counter that contention and specifically states that their findings should not be so interpreted.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back