Carl Demaio: That Enigmatic Gay Republican Candidate

Okay. So. That was a concession if I ever heard one. People can vote for whomever they want, what you can't do is say "I support gay rights" then treat a gay man like gutter trash because his political views don't match yours. How childish.

Um, yeah you can. Duh...that's politics. He's being attacked for his stances on issues, not for being gay.

You stupid fucking bitch, how the fuck does taking a family picture and Photoshopping in a drag queen amount to an attack on the fucking issues?

They did in his mayoral race what conservative Republicans are doing today in his House race primary -

trying to get people to vote against him because he is gay.

So if this DeMaio guy wasn't gay, then would you be willing to give liberals permission to campaign against him?

They can campaign against him all they want, so long as they don't violate ethics laws as they have done in the past by circulating egregiously false photoshopped photos of him to select electoral demographics.

Reality is, he's gay. I'm asking you guys to do a little self introspection before condemning him. Remember your stances on gay rights, equality and tolerance before you attack him for any reason. Otherwise, you risk contradicting your own values, if you haven't done so already.

Did you ever get around to proving that actually happened? With links and stuff?

How many links do you want?

The Ethics Commission investigation revealed that Democratic consultant Jesus Cardenas and Cynara Velazquez, a Democratic organizer with ties to pro-medical marijuana groups, directed the group’s activities. Cardenas’ company, Innovation Media Group, received tens of thousands of dollars last year for its work on behalf of the San Diego County Democratic Party. Velazquez organized a fundraiser for Filner’s mayoral bid on behalf of the Patient Care Association in April 2012 and is hosting an Oct. 20 fundraiser for City Councilman David Alvarez’s current mayoral bid.

Backers of gay-baiting DeMaio ads revealed | UTSanDiego.com

Backers of gay-baiting DeMaio ads revealed | San Diego Gay and Lesbian News

Group fined after alleged dirty tricks against gay San Diego candidate - Los Angeles Times

http://www.gaypatriot.net/2014/04/28/gay-baiting-gutter-politics/

Oh really? So who thinks its tolerant to monopolize the opinions of their electorate? Liberals. Who vilifies a member of their electorate if they step out of line? Liberals. Who calls black Republicans "Uncle Toms" and "Porch Monkeys"? Liberals. Who attacks women for being Republican? Liberals. Who asks to "see their papers" if a Hispanic happens to be a Republican? Liberals. Tolerance? Equality?

It most certainly isn't liberals, dude.

So if this DeMaio guy wasn't gay, then would you be willing to give liberals permission to campaign against him?

If he wasn't Republican would you be demanding that they stop their homophobic attacks on his personal life?

Why, so you could rag on me for wanting to infringe on someone's free speech rights?

I'm betting that Democrats put the laws in place that resulted in those fines.

I'm betting that your statement is a red herring. Please don't.

This thread is based on guilt by association and hasty generalization fallacies, and another I can't put a name to,

so I don't think you have standing to adjudicate who is or isn't using logical fallacies in their arguments.

My thread, which was merged with this one, was based on the fact that the hypocrites wouldn't condemn ads because they were run by Democrats.

He's attacked for his policy positions, not for being gay. That's consistency. You want gays to support him just because he's gay and to ignore his stance on issues. No.

LOL. So much for you being a party of tolerance and diversity, then. You consistently speak of them, but are doing everything to the contrary.

Why? I'm not intolerant if his sexuality but of his policy positions.

Why should I vote for someone with whom I do not agree on the issues simply because they are gay?

Why do you have a problem with a Republican saying homosexuality is a sin, but claim that Democrats attacking a man based on who he sleeps with is a policy issue?

People can be born gay TK. And despite the discrimination they'll face all their lives they can become successful people and live full and happy lives.

But nobody is born a faggot. There's still time for you TK! You can turn it around!!!

:lmao:

You are not born gay.

You might not have been, but I was.

You were not born gay, despite the lies being spoon fed you by the fake scientists of the APA.

Um, yeah you can. Duh...that's politics. He's being attacked for his stances on issues, not for being gay.

You stupid fucking bitch, how the fuck does taking a family picture and Photoshopping in a drag queen amount to an attack on the fucking issues?

They did in his mayoral race what conservative Republicans are doing today in his House race primary -

Let me point out the difference, one of those groups says that being gay is wrong, the other says it is irrelevant. In other wordsm one of the groups is a lying sack of shit, jut like you,

Duh, that's hypocrisy. Irony. A double standard. Whatever you want to call it. Or you could simply read the OP, or the links, and be proven wrong.

How is it hypocrisy to attack him for his stance on issues?

Did you even read the article about what they did, or did you just decide to be a hypocritical asshole bitch today as a matter of policy?

"They"? You mean an anonymous SuperPAC? Yes, and photoshopped attack ads are terrible. I condemn them...still doesn't make Demaio a better candidate in line with my ideals.

How is it hypocrisy to attack him for his stance on issues?

Did you even read the article about what they did, or did you just decide to be a hypocritical asshole bitch today as a matter of policy?

"They"? You mean an anonymous SuperPAC? Yes, and photoshopped attack ads are terrible. I condemn them...still doesn't make Demaio a better candidate in line with my ideals.

A Democratic SuperPAC, asshole. One that deliberately sent a homophobic ad campaign to predominately black districts.

Let me point out the difference, one of those groups says that being gay is wrong, the other says it is irrelevant. In other wordsm one of the groups is a lying sack of shit, jut like you,

One group is intolerant of gays. The other group was using that intolerance against the intolerant group.

One group is intolerant of gays. The other group was using that intolerance against the intolerant group.

The intolerant group is running a gay candidate, the tolerant group is Photoshopping family pictures.

A Democratic SuperPAC, asshole. One that deliberately sent a homophobic ad campaign to predominately black districts.

So?

What is the name of that "democratic SuperPac"?

Is it possible the Liberals on this board can't wrap their heads around the concept of a gay Republican? Quite understandable, seeing as how you treat blacks, women, and Hispanics the same way.

I really think that you make ignorant blanket statements and generalizations sometimes. The above post is a prime example. You take the actions of a FEW people and try to make that represent the majority of the people. This is happening in a district in San Diego from what I gather.

Speaking for myself as a Liberal and 'left' of you, I don't care if a person is 'gay' and republican, nor do I care if blacks, women, and hispanics are republicans as well. That's their own choice and political preference.

Forum List

Back