Carl Demaio: That Enigmatic Gay Republican Candidate

Nope. You can't prove that we do. You don't understand who is actually for tolerance and equality.

It's certainly not conservatives.

Oh really? So who thinks its tolerant to monopolize the opinions of their electorate? Liberals. Who vilifies a member of their electorate if they step out of line? Liberals. Who calls black Republicans "Uncle Toms" and "Porch Monkeys"? Liberals. Who attacks women for being Republican? Liberals. Who asks to "see their papers" if a Hispanic happens to be a Republican? Liberals. Tolerance? Equality?

It most certainly isn't liberals, dude.

So if this DeMaio guy wasn't gay, then would you be willing to give liberals permission to campaign against him?

Oh really? So who thinks its tolerant to monopolize the opinions of their electorate? Liberals. Who vilifies a member of their electorate if they step out of line? Liberals. Who calls black Republicans "Uncle Toms" and "Porch Monkeys"? Liberals. Who attacks women for being Republican? Liberals. Who asks to "see their papers" if a Hispanic happens to be a Republican? Liberals. Tolerance? Equality?

So if this DeMaio guy wasn't gay, then would you be willing to give liberals permission to campaign against him?

They can campaign against him all they want, so long as they don't violate ethics laws as they have done in the past by circulating egregiously false photoshopped photos of him to select electoral demographics.

Reality is, he's gay. I'm asking you guys to do a little self introspection before condemning him. Remember your stances on gay rights, equality and tolerance before you attack him for any reason. Otherwise, you risk contradicting your own values, if you haven't done so already.

They can campaign against him all they want, so long as they don't violate ethics laws as they have done in the past by circulating egregiously false photoshopped photos of him to select electoral demographics.

Reality is, he's gay. I'm asking you guys to do a little self introspection before condemning him. Remember your stances on gay rights, equality and tolerance before you attack him for any reason. Otherwise, you risk contradicting your own values, if you haven't done so already.

Did you ever get around to proving that actually happened? With links and stuff?

Did you ever get around to proving that actually happened? With links and stuff?

Will this do?

San Diego mayoral PAC fined for ethics violations - San Jose Mercury News

San Diego mayoral PAC fined for ethics violations - San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com

San Diego PAC Fined $7,500 for Violating Campaign Disclosure Laws - The Rose Institute of State and Local Government

Group fined after alleged dirty tricks against gay San Diego candidate - Los Angeles Times

Will this do?

San Diego mayoral PAC fined for ethics violations - San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com

San Diego PAC Fined $7,500 for Violating Campaign Disclosure Laws - The Rose Institute of State and Local Government

Group fined after alleged dirty tricks against gay San Diego candidate - Los Angeles Times

I'm betting that Democrats put the laws in place that resulted in those fines.

You're accusing me of being involved in that?

lolol

Will this do?

You are aware aren't you that this sort of trickery is commonplace and both sides do it?

This thread is based on guilt by association and hasty generalization fallacies, and another I can't put a name to,

so I don't think you have standing to adjudicate who is or isn't using logical fallacies in their arguments.

You're reaching. And yes, I know it happens on both sides. But your bandwagon argument is faulty. The fact that Democrats had the gall to pose as a Conservative PAC and perjure the SDEC to put down a political opponent is one of the worst kinds of trickery. To outright lie about a man is a sign of fear, and of cowardice. Remember, this behavior has come from the DEMOCRATS, the self proclaimed champions of equality and tolerance.

One more thing, would you have condemned these folks for pulling this stunt?

Last edited:
As I have said before, support who you want. But it shows a colossal double standard, that of which you insist on equality and tolerance towards LGBT individuals, but do not speak out against the intolerance being show towards Mr. Demaio. He's gay. You're gay. Should you not be defending, not shunning one of your own?

He's attacked for his policy positions, not for being gay. That's consistency. You want gays to support him just because he's gay and to ignore his stance on issues. No.

LOL. So much for you being a party of tolerance and diversity, then. You consistently speak of them, but are doing everything to the contrary.

Why? I'm not intolerant if his sexuality but of his policy positions.

Why should I vote for someone with whom I do not agree on the issues simply because they are gay?

I fully give my permission for you to post my rep comment anytime you like

#levelheaded

Called me a 'faggot' too. How tolerant of you.

#bigot

People can be born gay TK. And despite the discrimination they'll face all their lives they can become successful people and live full and happy lives.

But nobody is born a faggot. There's still time for you TK! You can turn it around!!!

:lmao:

You are not born gay.

I guess then to be fair, if you're going to argue that liberals are anti-gay bigots for not supporting this guy,

then all the conservatives who are supporting this guy's opponents in the primary must also be anti-gay bigots.

Actually, I am arguing that everyone that doesn't call out the homophobic Photoshop of a gay candidate and his partner is a fuckwad scumbag hypocrite.

Unless they actually hate gays, then they are just fuckwads.

Okay, so if this guy's opponent were a gay Democrat, THEN can liberals vote for HIM without having to hear you people cry about made-up liberal intolerance?

You don't see a problem with a PAC that Photoshops a family picture and puts in a drag queen in order to scare voters? You would be screaming about it if a Focus on the Family did the same thing, which makes you a fuckwad scumbag asshole bigot hypocrite.

Okay, so if this guy's opponent were a gay Democrat, THEN can liberals vote for HIM without having to hear you people cry about made-up liberal intolerance?

Okay. So. That was a concession if I ever heard one. People can vote for whomever they want, what you can't do is say "I support gay rights" then treat a gay man like gutter trash because his political views don't match yours. How childish.

Um, yeah you can. Duh...that's politics. He's being attacked for his stances on issues, not for being gay.

You stupid fucking bitch, how the fuck does taking a family picture and Photoshopping in a drag queen amount to an attack on the fucking issues?

Um, yeah you can. Duh...that's politics. He's being attacked for his stances on issues, not for being gay.

Duh, that's hypocrisy. Irony. A double standard. Whatever you want to call it. Or you could simply read the OP, or the links, and be proven wrong.

How is it hypocrisy to attack him for his stance on issues?

Did you even read the article about what they did, or did you just decide to be a hypocritical asshole bitch today as a matter of policy?

If he wasn't Republican would you be demanding that they stop their homophobic attacks on his personal life?

Forum List

Back