Carson becoming HUD secretary makes ZERO sense

He is a brain surgeon not a real estate professional. He was certainly qualified to work at some capacity in the medical arena but Housing?

WTF?
Why? Who should get it?
Someone with experience in housing & or urban development seems like a good starting point to me. There are tons of community developers, builders & architects out there who's sole purpose is to develop & build successful communities.

He is a brain surgeon not a real estate professional. He was certainly qualified to work at some capacity in the medical arena but Housing?

WTF?

Except for the fact that he grew up in government housing. Who else would be more driven to help and actually care about those in housing than someone who experienced it?
Caring and knowing what the hell you need to do are two different things.

Everyone keeps referring to Carson growing up poor as his credentials to run this department.

I grew up in foster care. Am I qualified to run child & family welfare services?

I drink a lot. Am I qualified to run a Vinyard or distillery?

I spent a long time in jail/prison. Am I qualified to run the department of corrections?

I spend a lot of time on the internet. Am I qualified to regulate it?

You get the picture. And for the record I too grew up in ghetto housing and NO I am not qualified to run HUD

WTF?

He grew uo.in the inner cities and scucceeded, plus he wasnt interested when his was filled. So Trump gave him had, he did grow up in inner cities and become a success.

Trump is using his business experience to appoint the best people. Only the best and most tremendous.

WTF?

Ha.Ha. has there been any appointment that has made any sense to you as yet?--LOL It's a clown show of ineptitude, inexperience, lack of knowledge, etc. etc. etc.

Clearly, experienced Republicans are avoiding this administration like it is some kind of Ebola virus. Which makes me suspicious that they know something we don't.

Trump-clown_Stiglich.jpg

Last edited:

WTF?

Ha.Ha. has there been any appointment that has made any sense to you as yet?--LOL It's a clown show of ineptitude, inexperience, lack of knowledge, etc. etc. etc.

Trump-clown_Stiglich.jpg
My god you are annoying. No thoughts of your own, just memes.

WTF?

Except for the fact that he grew up in government housing. Who else would be more driven to help and actually care about those in housing than someone who experienced it?

Carson's a brain surgeon with a high level of intelligence. He's clearly smart enough to figure it out, and being from that background ensures he'll try his best to be a great HUD Secretary.

I'm guessing the thought process went something like this:

Black people live in HUD buildings, so let's get a black guy.
That's exactly why Trump wanted Carson for this, and why palookas like paultrician thinks the HUD is worthless.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I did post a link... what am I deflecting from?

What link, please?

Why did you erase it?

Carson not interested in serving in Trump administration

Did you read the link?

"Dr. Carson feels he has no government experience, he's never run a federal agency. The last thing he would want to do was take a position that could cripple the presidency."

Did that statement come directly from Dr. Carson or someone else?

Did you read the link? According to the article, this is what Trump's spokesman said Carson had said.

Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson has told President-elect Donald Trump that he isn't interested in serving as secretary of Health and Human Services, a Carson ally confirmed to The Hill on Tuesday.

Business manager and close friend Armstrong Williams said Carson won't join the incoming Trump administration and would only serve as an unofficial adviser.

Circa on Tuesday reported that Carson had been offered the position, citing Williams. But Williams told The Hill that no specific offer had been made.

"Dr. Carson was never offered a specific position, but everything was open to him," Williams told The Hill in a phone call.

"Dr. Carson feels he has no government experience, he's never run a federal agency. The last thing he would want to do was take a position that could cripple the presidency."

Who said? Was it Dr. Carson himself?
According to what Williams said, yes.

Do you guys remember when every Republican hack to a man, took some bogus quote from Obama's grandmother as gospel that he was born in Kenya?

Now the same hacks are raising the bar for a legitimate quote from Carson's right hand man saying something they don't like.

#LOLGOP

Everyone keeps referring to Carson growing up poor as his credentials to run this department.

I grew up in foster care. Am I qualified to run child & family welfare services?

I drink a lot. Am I qualified to run a Vinyard or distillery?

I spent a long time in jail/prison. Am I qualified to run the department of corrections?

I spend a lot of time on the internet. Am I qualified to regulate it?

You get the picture. And for the record I too grew up in ghetto housing and NO I am not qualified to run HUD
Post of the thread.

WTF?

Carson's a brain surgeon with a high level of intelligence. He's clearly smart enough to figure it out, and being from that background ensures he'll try his best to be a great HUD Secretary.
"Ensures?"

#LOLGOP

WTF?
Why? Who should get it?
Someone with experience in housing & or urban development seems like a good starting point to me. There are tons of community developers, builders & architects out there who's sole purpose is to develop & build successful communities.
What's the job? To qualify people or manage those who do? How do you know he can't manage this? You don't think he researched and learned while a candidate for president? Come on man

Forum List

Back