Carson becoming HUD secretary makes ZERO sense

Everyone keeps referring to Carson growing up poor as his credentials to run this department.

I grew up in foster care. Am I qualified to run child & family welfare services?

I drink a lot. Am I qualified to run a Vinyard or distillery?

I spent a long time in jail/prison. Am I qualified to run the department of corrections?

I spend a lot of time on the internet. Am I qualified to regulate it?

You get the picture. And for the record I too grew up in ghetto housing and NO I am not qualified to run HUD
Well he has skill and he ran for president and learned much like trump did. So you think he walks in and goes duh? Or brings in people to work with him who are experts? Wow

He is a brain surgeon not a real estate professional. He was certainly qualified to work at some capacity in the medical arena but Housing?

WTF?

Ha.Ha. has there been any appointment that has made any sense to you as yet?--LOL It's a clown show of ineptitude, inexperience, lack of knowledge, etc. etc. etc.

Clearly, experienced Republicans are avoiding this administration like it is some kind of Ebola virus. Which makes me suspicious that they know something we don't.

Trump-clown_Stiglich.jpg
Well when your candidate wins then your candidate can hire! I laugh at you wannabe knowitalls

Success begets success, just know that!

He is a brain surgeon not a real estate professional. He was certainly qualified to work at some capacity in the medical arena but Housing?

WTF?
Why? Who should get it?
Someone with experience in housing & or urban development seems like a good starting point to me. There are tons of community developers, builders & architects out there who's sole purpose is to develop & build successful communities.
What's the job? To qualify people or manage those who do? How do you know he can't manage this? You don't think he researched and learned while a candidate for president? Come on man
I don't know he can't. I just think it is a poor choice.

WTF?
Why? Who should get it?
Someone with experience in housing & or urban development seems like a good starting point to me. There are tons of community developers, builders & architects out there who's sole purpose is to develop & build successful communities.
What's the job? To qualify people or manage those who do? How do you know he can't manage this? You don't think he researched and learned while a candidate for president? Come on man
I think it's a great choice. I don't understand why everyone thinks politicians make good negotiators . They suck, look at the gridlock

WTF?
Why? Who should get it?
I think it's a great choice. I don't understand why everyone thinks politicians make good negotiators . They suck, look at the gridlock
I never suggested he pick a politician. I suggested he pick someone with expertise in that field like an architect or a developer. Someone with a proven track record of building communities that people thrive in. That is afterall what Trump said he would do. Picking Carson is like asking your Dentist to repair your broken car. There is ZERO LOGIC in the choice. I fully admit Carson is a highly intelligent man, I just think he is wrong for the job.

WTF?
Why? Who should get it?
Define politician.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Why? Who should get it?
Define politician.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Someone elected to office. Someone earning their stripes =winner

WTF?

Except for the fact that he grew up in government housing. Who else would be more driven to help and actually care about those in housing than someone who experienced it?
Caring and knowing what the hell you need to do are two different things.

About as relevant as saying that someone who spent lots of time being treated in hospitals as a kid would be driven to help brain surgery patients so clearly should be made the head of neurosurgery.

Why? Who should get it?
I never suggested he pick a politician. I suggested he pick someone with expertise in that field like an architect or a developer. Someone with a proven track record of building communities that people thrive in. That is afterall what Trump said he would do. Picking Carson is like asking your Dentist to repair your broken car. There is ZERO LOGIC in the choice. I fully admit Carson is a highly intelligent man, I just think he is wrong for the job.

Exactly- it would make sense to nominate Carson for Surgeon General- or Secretary of Health and Human Services- but not HUD.

Exactly- it would make sense to nominate Carson for Surgeon General- or Secretary of Health and Human Services- but not HUD.
If I had to put money on it I would guess that Trump may have offered those positions to him but Carson declined because the gravity of our broken healthcare system was too much for him. It is true Carson wanted to be President but presidents ultimately are n9t much more than Delagators n Chiefs

If I had to put money on it I would guess that Trump may have offered those positions to him but Carson declined because the gravity of our broken healthcare system was too much for him. It is true Carson wanted to be President but presidents ultimately are n9t much more than Delagators n Chiefs

Well Surgeon General doesn't really have much to do with our health care system, but I get what you are saying.

But why then would he agree to take on our broken housing and urban development system? Maybe hopeful ignorance?

Well Surgeon General doesn't really have much to do with our health care system, but I get what you are saying.

But why then would he agree to take on our broken housing and urban development system? Maybe hopeful ignorance?
Maybe he thought it was an obscure post that won't get the attention another healthcare debacle would get. I honestly don't know. I suspect he means we'll, he doesn't strike me as a man who just wants fame.

WTF?

neuro surgeon doing work in a medical thing?------that's an oxymoron------real estate is a good idea---when in doubt, cut it out
Carson has ZERO experience with the subject Trump wants to task him with.
I worked for HUD & the ACOE for a decade. Traveled the country working on various projects from urban housing to military base reconstruction. The job is far more complex than "real Estate" or "cutting it"

Trump said he had the characteristics of a “child molester”…who else would you want running public housing?

Maybe he thought it was an obscure post that won't get the attention another healthcare debacle would get. I honestly don't know. I suspect he means we'll, he doesn't strike me as a man who just wants fame.

And for the record- I hope he does a great job. Maybe he will bring something that was needed for the job- but on paper- he is certainly not qualified.

Forum List

Back