Carson becoming HUD secretary makes ZERO sense

He is a brain surgeon not a real estate professional. He was certainly qualified to work at some capacity in the medical arena but Housing?

WTF?

This one baffles me too. Best I can come up with is just that Trump thinks the post is so worthless that he can hand it out as a political prize to Carson for supporting him.

Was that also Obama's thinking when he handed the prize to Castro?

Ben Carson has absolutely no experience in government or with the housing issue- Castro?

Before HUD, Castro served as Mayor of the City of San Antonio. During his tenure, he became known as a national leader in urban development. In 2010, the City launched the "Decade of Downtown", an initiative to spark investment in San Antonio's center city and older neighborhoods. This effort has attracted $350 million in private sector investment, which will produce more than 2400 housing units by the end of 2014

Sarah Palin was Mayor of Wasilla. Should she have been given the post?
Dr. Carson, I'm assuming, is very familiar with discrimination, and since he was the youngest chief of pediatric neurosurgery in the country at age 33 and has received more than 60 honorary doctorate degrees, dozens of national merit citations, and written over 100 neurosurgical publications, he should be more than capable of learning HUD'S rules and regulations and best to apply them.

Before HUD, Castro served as Mayor of the City of San Antonio. During his tenure, he became known as a national leader in urban development. In 2010, the City launched the "Decade of Downtown", an initiative to spark investment in San Antonio's center city and older neighborhoods. This effort has attracted $350 million in private sector investment, which will produce more than 2400 housing units by the end of 2014

I don't question Dr. Carson's medical credentials- and I hope he is very good in the position- but he is not coming in with any qualifications for the position other than he was a good Trump supporter, he is smart and he is well educated.
You want to see San Antonio at its best? Enter i35 south at 7am at the 3009 entrance....bring lunch. Castro was a dunce.

We are putting in people based on nepotism and then going "maybe it'll be great" as a defense. When that's not a defense but faith. No where else would someone defend a person getting a job they themselves admitted to being unqualified for. We should've believed Carson's own words instead of shushing him and saying You da man.
Waaaaaahhhhhh!!!!

This one baffles me too. Best I can come up with is just that Trump thinks the post is so worthless that he can hand it out as a political prize to Carson for supporting him.

Ben Carson has absolutely no experience in government or with the housing issue- Castro?

Dr. Carson, I'm assuming, is very familiar with discrimination, and since he was the youngest chief of pediatric neurosurgery in the country at age 33 and has received more than 60 honorary doctorate degrees, dozens of national merit citations, and written over 100 neurosurgical publications, he should be more than capable of learning HUD'S rules and regulations and best to apply them.

I don't question Dr. Carson's medical credentials- and I hope he is very good in the position- but he is not coming in with any qualifications for the position other than he was a good Trump supporter, he is smart and he is well educated.
You want to see San Antonio at its best? Enter i35 south at 7am at the 3009 entrance....bring lunch. Castro was a dunce.

I have been to San Antonio- was there last year? Year before? Nice town.

I have been to San Antonio- was there last year? Year before? Nice town.
I've been here on and off since 1959...when it started to grow. Could have been a model city. Big fail. Henry Cisneros ....Castro.

Nice people...lousy infrastructure.

Did you read the link?

"Dr. Carson feels he has no government experience, he's never run a federal agency. The last thing he would want to do was take a position that could cripple the presidency."

Did that statement come directly from Dr. Carson or someone else?

Did you read the link? According to the article, this is what Trump's spokesman said Carson had said.

Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson has told President-elect Donald Trump that he isn't interested in serving as secretary of Health and Human Services, a Carson ally confirmed to The Hill on Tuesday.

Business manager and close friend Armstrong Williams said Carson won't join the incoming Trump administration and would only serve as an unofficial adviser.

Circa on Tuesday reported that Carson had been offered the position, citing Williams. But Williams told The Hill that no specific offer had been made.

"Dr. Carson was never offered a specific position, but everything was open to him," Williams told The Hill in a phone call.

"Dr. Carson feels he has no government experience, he's never run a federal agency. The last thing he would want to do was take a position that could cripple the presidency."

Who said? Was it Dr. Carson himself?

Did you read the link? According to the article, this is what Trump's spokesman said Carson had said.

Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson has told President-elect Donald Trump that he isn't interested in serving as secretary of Health and Human Services, a Carson ally confirmed to The Hill on Tuesday.

Business manager and close friend Armstrong Williams said Carson won't join the incoming Trump administration and would only serve as an unofficial adviser.

Circa on Tuesday reported that Carson had been offered the position, citing Williams. But Williams told The Hill that no specific offer had been made.

"Dr. Carson was never offered a specific position, but everything was open to him," Williams told The Hill in a phone call.

Read it again.

Did you read the link?

Read it again.

I am just quoting the words of Donald Trump's spokesman- do you think he is lying?

Did you read the link?

Read it again.

I am just quoting the words of Donald Trump's spokesman- do you think he is lying?

Did Dr. Carson say this or did his friend, Armstrong Williams say it? Is Dr. Carson's friend also Trump's advisor?

What's the difference in saying Carson becoming hud Sec is a waste of time....versus his becoming a brain surgeon was a waste of time.

Tell me please...before I shit a Biden.

Libtards questioning qualifications when they made a community organizer president. I just Shit a Reid.

You just help elect a Television celebrity...
That's like saying Tom Brady is a tv salesman. I just shit a Schumer.

They has got to be the worst analogy I think I've ever read.
That's cause you're an asshole.

Only to people that I don't like, which in real life isn't many. You should feel special.

He is a brain surgeon not a real estate professional. He was certainly qualified to work at some capacity in the medical arena but Housing?

WTF?

15338763_1218661004839897_9157236699852785454_n.png.jpg

WTF?
Maybe Dr. Carson thinks it's easy enough? Since he didn't think he knew enough to run a federal agency the last time Trump offered him a job?
Trump is desperate to get a black guy on his cabinet. Ben's GOTTA take something.
Wow are you racist

Forum List

Back