what if i don't want to purchase a smart phone and then incur monthly charges to keep that cell phone working Patriot .
Then don't go into business. That's literally as stupid as saying "I oppose cash - what if I don't want to purchase a cash register and have the cost of maintaining it". :eusa_doh:

You're not exactly in a position to call something "stupid" after that turd of an OP you laid here.

It also would eliminate buying that lawnmower from your neighbor or a want-ad, leaving a tip on the restaurant table knowing that the waiter will get it, busking or to playing for tips or a percentage of the bar, running a legal cannabis shop, and making any transaction at all when there's a power failure or system failure, among other things.

Hell I get cheaper gas by paying cash. They do that because it saves them processing fees.
---------------------------------------------------------- excellent post Pogo , big brother Patriot oughta go to his room and rethink his thinking .

my only reason for cash is that i like its privacy .
By the way - just because it's a digital transition doesn't mean you surrender privacy. If I sold you a firearm in a private transaction today and you paid me using PayPal, the government would have no clue what I sold you. They would simply know that you and I had a transaction. Nothing more.

Then you've pulled the rug out from under your own argument about tax evasion.

It instantly eliminates all tax evasion. With a digital record of every transaction, all of the criminals who currently don't pay taxes now show an income. That closes a huge gap for the government and eases the burden on the rest of us who do pay our taxes.

A hires B. A pays B's wages with PayPal. Government "only knows A and B had a transaction. Nothing more".

a cashless society, where no one can buy or sell, without the number of the beast...
That's a far stretch from digital currency, my dear. A far stretch.
is it? doesn't seem that different....we will end up where we all will have to have a chip implanted, cuz they'll determine next... that credit cards can be stolen... so the implant chip with all our info...will make buying safer.... HELLO slippery slope!!!

never give up any freedom , no matter how small . At this time in history people can go cashless or people can carry cash and thats the way it should be and i hope that it stays that way Petro .

yea right, the government would never dream of looking for a way to check what targeted (for whatever reason) people were buying.
The fact that you don't even know that the government is already spying on you makes you woefully unqualified to even be having this discussion. The NSA just saw that you typed "yea right, the government would never dream of looking for a way to check what targeted (for whatever reason) people were buying" on USMB. Literally.

Personally I'd be very embarrassed to find out I was not on any government watch list .... I've been screaming "listen to this" to the world for over 40 years.
I hope the government is listening to me ....

Point is: "special" (to the Elites) people are routinely put on "Special High Intensity Training" list.

The more "special" the Elites deem you .... the more they will monitor your activities and transactions.

Then the banks can take their three or more percent every time a person makes a transaction... and in the future if they decide they deserve more they'll take it without consent.
That literally makes zero sense. "What if banks charge 3% for your checking account and then decide to charge more suddenly"?

Oh yeah...there is that little thing called the free market and competition which prevents such an absurd fear of actually occurring.

upload_2017-7-17_22-51-5.jpeg

Some banks already charge 3% on debit transactions. It's only a matter of time before they decide they want more.

So now what? I need to pay taxes to not only the government but the banks also?

When are the banks going to start paying out 3-5% on savings accounts like they did fifty years ago or do I now need to bend my knee not only to a government to pay taxes but also the financial institutions?

If that's the case I'll be bartering for most of my goods instead of using any sort of financial transaction.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Last edited:
Removing physical currency from society will be one of the most impactful and positive events in the history of civilization:
  • It almost immediately eliminates criminal activity. Without cash, one has to explain transactions. A prostitute must explain why she had a transaction at 2:00 a.m. when she is not employed. Gambling, narcotics, etc. are all in deep trouble instantly.
  • It essentially eliminates robbery. Yes, there will be cybercrime of course. But a person hacking my bank account is a billion times safer than a person sticking a gun in my face to take my cash.
  • It instantly eliminates all tax evasion. With a digital record of every transaction, all of the criminals who currently don't pay taxes now show an income. That closes a huge gap for the government and eases the burden on the rest of us who do pay our taxes.
Visa unveils new incentive plan to push cashless transactions

Obama found a way around that, get Banned Persian rugs as illegal gifts then later sell the rugs to those you did favors, for a whole lot more then the dog stained rugs are worth. =4.4 million.
Book deals for more then the books can make is another loophole using creative ways to transfer the payoffs.
Hillary found a way through foundation and charities.

is it? doesn't seem that different....we will end up where we all will have to have a chip implanted, cuz they'll determine next... that credit cards can be stolen... so the implant chip with all our info...will make buying safer.... HELLO slippery slope!!!
That is fall-down hilarious coming from an individual who pisses on the U.S. government in favor of a progressive government yielding unlimited power.

Removing physical currency from society will be one of the most impactful and positive events in the history of civilization:
  • It almost immediately eliminates criminal activity. Without cash, one has to explain transactions. A prostitute must explain why she had a transaction at 2:00 a.m. when she is not employed. Gambling, narcotics, etc. are all in deep trouble instantly.
  • It essentially eliminates robbery. Yes, there will be cybercrime of course. But a person hacking my bank account is a billion times safer than a person sticking a gun in my face to take my cash.
  • It instantly eliminates all tax evasion. With a digital record of every transaction, all of the criminals who currently don't pay taxes now show an income. That closes a huge gap for the government and eases the burden on the rest of us who do pay our taxes.
legalise it!

legalise it!
True. There is a lot to be said for legalizing all of that as well to eliminate the criminal element. However, digital currency is a billion times more likely to happen.

That is fall-down hilarious coming from an individual who pisses on the U.S. government in favor of a progressive government yielding unlimited power.
:D

:rofl: :rofl:

you are the one praising big brother in this thread my dear!

you are the one praising big brother in this thread my dear!
Bitcoin is digital currency sweetie. Is Bitcoin "praising big brother"? :lmao:

There is a bill in Congress right now that will make it illegal to have cash. All income will go straight into your bank account, and there will be a record of everything you use that money for. It is bipartisan.

I think I know where you read that .........

1984-by-george-orwell.jpg

legalise it!
True. There is a lot to be said for legalizing all of that as well to eliminate the criminal element. However, digital currency is a billion times more likely to happen.
its not very freedom orientated

Forum List

Back