Cat Lovers Thread

Anybody know a cat sitter for a couple of months that don;t charge a fortune?

What amount are you looking to pay?
Frankly, I don't know yet. I've turned down $40 per night. For two months, that would be $2400. No cat is worth that much. My daughter is going to New York for her clinical rotations, and the apartment she is getting doesn't allow pets. Another apartment will be available in 2 months, and she can take them then. I can't do it because of allergies, but I told her I would take care of it, so I need a cat sitter.

Anybody know a cat sitter for a couple of months that don;t charge a fortune?

What amount are you looking to pay?
Frankly, I don't know yet. I've turned down $40 per night. For two months, that would be $2400. No cat is worth that much. My daughter is going to New York for her clinical rotations, and the apartment she is getting doesn't allow pets. Another apartment will be available in 2 months, and she can take them then. I can't do it because of allergies, but I told her I would take care of it, so I need a cat sitter.

One idea I have is ask your local humane society if you can put a note on their bulletin board for cat lovers. Ask them what they would charge let it be known you don't have much money. Try to ask in pet friendly places like that and petsmart or petco.

We're working on adopting from a rescue shelter in Syracuse so I have a few images of My remaining cats. I used to have five at one time, but over the years, they've all crossed the bridge.

Here is Andy. He's six though we don't know his exact age. He was a stray we had, gave to My wife's mother, and inherited back when she passed.

Andy.jpg

Here is Lucy. She's the survivor of the three cats we picked up when we moved into this house for the kids back in June 2001. We named her Lucy because she's not wound to tight, lol.

Lucy.jpg

And of course, our Patterdale Terrier who is about 12 years old.

Frankie.jpg

I see I'll have to make a few pics.
I recently salvaged a small kitty from my feral colony. The tom that fathered him had been beaten and run off by a new tom. Both his littermates had been killed and partially eaten by the new tom and I didn't want to see this little guy suffer the same fate. His momma had managed to move him to one stall in the barn and I saw him there a few days before I decided to claim him for the two-leggers. I've had him about two weeks now. He uses his litter box without fail (from day one!), he eats canned food voraciously, he plays with and sleeps with the two resident cats, and he's rather indifferent to the resident dog (can't say the same for her). I have a home for him and will surrender him as soon as I am confident he's eating and drinking well on his own.

Forum List

Back