Catholics: What do u think of the pope, so called?

What you call "dark age" is the birth of our current world. Do you say to a pregnant woman "You pregnacy is a dark age?". In the so middles ages for example 1/3 of a year had been holy days without work. Some people travelled thousands of miles on a pilgrimage for two or more years. And to take a bath together with the own lover in a common barrel was also a nice thing. ... and so on ...

The Catholic church lost what?

I guess you speak about a time when the nobles of the city of Rome elected the Pope - which is by the way in gerneral the oldest active election of the world. And why I am sure now that you now in the moment knownot any concrete pope in his time of history and what really had happened there. You live in an abstract world where everything is simple and easy - except your own life and the life of ... ?

You will perhaps not be able to see this - but it is really sometimes amusing and also astonishing for members of foreign cultures to have to see that US-Americans normally try to reduce everything to a story of rivalry. Mormons vs Catholics is not a theme for Catholics. We are the church of the children of god. If a Mormon needs help she/he is also able to ask Catholics to help her/him. And this is not a question of a price like to have to become a Catholic. On the other side we will normally not hurt our own values. So our answers will always be open (=not predefined) in a concrete context of the future which we will have to understand first.
You probably don't have any Mormon's in your country. And where we live Mormons are a very small number. The only place they are the majority is Utah. So they control an entire state. They are nice people. You have to understand Christian sects in America are all working a different angle. The born agains say the Catholics are doing it all wrong. Catholics are baptized as children. You have to be baptized as an adult. It's not enough to just be baptized as a child. But most Catholics and my own Greek Orthodox, only baptize as babies. So Born Again's say we are going to hell. I love it! They have a great angle to steal away people who were once Catholics.

The Catholics have nothing to offer. No one is joining the Catholic Church. You are only born into that church. Or marry a Catholic. Most people who are born into it leave to be Born agains.

I'm not saying I believe Mormons I'm just saying they have a very good story. The Jesus story 2020 years ago they say is all true. It all happened. And the first pope was Peter. Who was the second pope? 3rd? 4th? The stories get worse and worse. So the church has lost it's moral authority that they once had with God. Peter was a good pope. Maybe the 2nd one was good. Maybe the 10th. But then suddenly they got evil/immoral/corrupt/gay. Today the Vatican is a gay brothel.

Do you realize how insane you sound? I thought there was only one god? Second, the Mormons don’t deny Christ happened 2022 years ago and the Catholic Church was the original one true church. But during the dark ages your popes were very dark. And this church lost its moral authority and connection with god.

Everyone knows the sick immoral evil history of your popes. Some paid to be popes. Some were evil. Cruel. Mean. Corrupt. We all know this history so you must too right?

Im not a Mormon but they have a great story on why your church is wrong and theirs right. Just sayin. You can’t dissuade them either.
Trump speak from the pulpit? Are you mocking the Catholic Church?

Didn't you notice one sentence later I spelled it correctly? Is that all you had to say? sheez...
sorry, but I know from experience that non Catholics don't listen to Catholics so I am a little...

tired of banging my head against a walll more/less

want to know what the CHURCH really teaches? you can attend afree RCIA class...

the person leading it will answer your Qs...

people should do this bc it is tiresome seeing how universally ignorant protestants are of CAtholicism

Opposing Communism is stopping the destruction of life.

Question: Do you call Robin Hood a Commie?

No one has ever murdered as many peace time civilians as you Communists.

?

The Borgia Pope is a Communist.

?

I see little indication that he has anything to do with Christianity.

?

Oh, and the Vicar of Marx

?

does far more to "kill" Catholicism than an agnostic like I could ever do.

You call yourselve an "agnostic"? For an "agnostic" (a "not-knower") you seem to "know" much too many wrong things about Catholics, lazybone.

You probably don't have any Mormon's in your country.

In which country except the USA should exist Mormons? Why?

And where we live Mormons are a very small number. The only place they are the majority is Utah. So they control an entire state. They are nice people. You have to understand Christian sects in America are all working a different angle. The born agains say the Catholics are doing it all wrong. Catholics are baptized as children. You have to be baptized as an adult. It's not enough to just be baptized as a child. But most Catholics and my own Greek Orthodox, only baptize as babies. So Born Again's say we are going to hell. I love it! They have a great angle to steal away people who were once Catholics.

Why do you tell me this view of you about US-American forms of religiosity?

The Catholics have nothing to offer.

Aha. So what? Then don't buy what we don't have to offer. What's your problem?

No one is joining the Catholic Church.

I'm not able to understand in the moment what the world "joining" could mean in this context now.

You are only born into that church.

Exactly. I'm "only" born into my church.

Or marry a Catholic.

I married a Lutheran.

Most people who are born into it leave to be Born agains.

"Born again Christian" are an absurdity in my eyes whose god are their own absurde ideas and whose church are the USA. The credo of born again Christians seems to be "Let buy as many weapons as possible - this will bring all people faster into hell (=heaven)".

I'm not saying I believe Mormons I'm just saying they have a very good story.

I don't know their "story" (=¿historie?). I just simple said if the Mormons allow a man to marry more than one woman then they are not Christians. And I do by the way not see any justice in this form of lifestyle specially also because a woman has the same time in this antiquated stone age lifeform not the right to marry more than one man.

The Jesus story 2020 years ago they say is all true.

?

It all happened.

I believe in the Catholic slogan "One truth one church".

And the first pope was Peter. Who was the second pope? 3rd? 4th?

See: List of popes - Wikipedia

The stories get worse and worse.

¿Worse?

So the church has lost it's moral authority that they once had with God. Peter was a good pope. Maybe the 2nd one was good. Maybe the 10th. But then suddenly they got evil/immoral/corrupt/gay. Today the Vatican is a gay brothel.

The Vatican a gay brothel? That's your real problem with us? Could be an amusing film.

Question: Do you call Robin Hood a Commie?

?

?

?

?

You call yourselve an "agnostic"? For an "agnostic" (a "not-knower") you seem to "know" much too many wrong things about Catholics, lazybone.

You are as illiterate as you are stupid;

{
the mysterious Ragnar Danneskjöld declares, “I’m after a man whom I want to destroy. He died many centuries ago, but until the last trace of him is wiped out of men’s minds, we will not have a decent world to live in. . . . Robin Hood.”

According to Danneskjöld, Robin Hood “is held to be the first man who assumed a halo of virtue by practicing charity with wealth which he did not own . . . . He is the man who became the symbol of the idea that need, not achievement, is the source of rights, that we don’t have to produce, only to want, that the earned does not belong to us, but the unearned does.”

This is why, contrary to the rhetoric, the “cuts” proposed by Republicans have been puny to non-existent: the Republicans share the Robin Hood morality. However much they decry taxes, however much they recognize that entitlements are leading us toward bankruptcy à la Greece, they agree that need does entitle people to others’ wealth. And so Paul Ryan and all the other Republicans hasten to assure the world that they would never be so cruel as to cut entitlement redistribution schemes: their only goal is to save them. Their message is: Obama’s goals are noble; only his means are open to criticism.}

You are as illiterate as you are stupid;

This what most US-Americans call "belief in god" is for me personally an extremely strange thing.

{
the mysterious Ragnar Danneskjöld declares,

Who?

“I’m after a man whom I want to destroy. He died many centuries ago, but until the last trace of him is wiped out of men’s minds, we will not have a decent world to live in. . . . Robin Hood.”

Aha.

According to Danneskjöld, Robin Hood “is held to be the first man who assumed a halo of virtue by practicing charity with wealth which he did not own . . . . He is the man who became the symbol of the idea that need, not achievement, is the source of rights, that we don’t have to produce, only to want, that the earned does not belong to us, but the unearned does.”

:lol: And I thought Robin Hood - paladin of king Richard the Lionheart - had been betrayed from the Sherif of Nottingham and fought as well for his own rights and his king Richard - who had been absent because of the crusades - together with the men of Sherwood forest against the bad Sherif of Nottingham - for the very best of all citizens of England. In the end everyone wan and only the evil Sherif of Nottingham lost. The most important what the noble knight Robin Hood wan had been the heart of Maid Marian.

This is why, contrary to the rhetoric, the “cuts” proposed by Republicans have been puny to non-existent: the Republicans share the Robin Hood morality. However much they decry taxes, however much they recognize that entitlements are leading us toward bankruptcy à la Greece, they agree that need does entitle people to others’ wealth. And so Paul Ryan and all the other Republicans hasten to assure the world that they would never be so cruel as to cut entitlement redistribution schemes: their only goal is to save them. Their message is: Obama’s goals are noble; only his means are open to criticism.}

Somehow fascinating what a new kind of pseudo-elitarian Nazi-ideology tries to make out of one of the oldest and most nice stories of the world.

Last edited:
Jesus? You've never even met the cat. All you are going by is the Catholic Church and the book some person wrote around 1800 years ago.

Jesus never wrote or said anything. But some church tells you about this character and what he said 2000 years ago and I'm supposed to worship this person?

If Jesus knows everything there is to know about love, don't you too? He taught you. It's all in the book he didn't write. So if he knows everything and he wrote a book to teach you, don't you also know everything? And doesn't every pope know everything?
I don't get this... sarcasm? sardonic?

Jesus never wrote a book

and I am not Catholic because someone told me to be... Please.. Why do Protestants ALWAYS seem to want to insult the intelligence of Catholics? Oh yeh.... I remmeber:

for the same reason lefties want to discredit and put down conservatives: to win

protestants want to win arguments more than they want to get themselves to Heaven, apparently

In any case, there's really no point in saying anything else bc there are 2 kinds of people in the world: those who know what it's like to be in Christ's TANGIBLE Presence and those who do not..

they cannot really dialogue together well

kind of a waste o'time

And I should believe your church?

From corruption to nepotism, from crusade to witch-burning to Inquisition, from popes sanctioning murder to popes being murdered, Dark History of The Popes explores more than 1000 years of sinister deeds surrounding the papacy.
you have never been taught all the evil done by protestants against Catholics bc... your pastor won't tell you..

but it doesn't matter bc there is no place where humans gather that is not messed up... sinful... etc..

I've been Catholic all my life

never met a pedophile priest (that I knew of)
was able to overcome certain mortal sins the devil tried to keep me committing

and was able to spend time in Christ's tangible Presence...

so what part of all that is not good enough for y'all?

The name Mormons was given to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints by non-mormons because we have The Book of Mormon. The name of the church is "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints". For the record, the church does not believe that the Catholic church ever held authority from the Apostle Peter. We believe that soon after the martyrdom of the Apostles in the 1st Century a great apostasy came about upon the church. Grievous wolves enter in among the flock and changed the doctrines of the church and the priesthood was taken from the earth. Only later did the Catholic church come about. We believe the Prophet Amos prophesied of this great apostasy that would come upon the church.

Amos 8:11-12
11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord:
12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it.

We believe that the true church of Jesus Christ will always be headed by a quorum of 12 Apostles in the church. The Apostle Paul taught:

Ephesians 4:11-14
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

The true church of Jesus Christ will always be headed up by a quorum of 12 Apostles until we all come into the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God... If a church does not have this organization, it will not be a true church of Jesus Christ.

To understand more what we believe regarding the Great Apostasy you can read about it in James E. Talmage's book, "The Great Apostasy" found at the following link: The Great Apostasy

This what most US-Americans call "belief in god" is for me personally an extremely strange thing.

Who?

Aha.

:lol: And I thought Robin Hood - paladin of king Richard the Lionheart - had been betrayed from the Sherif of Nottingham and fought as well for his own rights and his king Richard - who had been absent because of the crusades - together with the men of Sherwood forest against the bad Sherif of Nottingham - for the very best of all citizens of England. In the end everyone wan and only the evil Sherif of Nottingham lost. The most important what the noble knight Robin Hood wan had been the heart of Maid Marian.

Somehow fascinating what a new kind of pseudo-elitarian Nazi-ideology tries to make out of one of the oldest and most nice stories of the world.

Uh, shit for brains, the Nazis are the democrats.

• democrats have a scapegoat based on race. Whites are the new "Juden."
  • democrats are collectivist, seeking control of the means of production by their Reich.
  • democrats are totalitarian. Well duh.
  • democrats supplant civil rights with group privilege
  • democrats eradicate the rule of law and create dictatorship based on the party
  • democrats forcibly suppress religion
  • democrats crush freedom of speech
  • democrats create a police state and "Roger Stone" enemies for even minor process crimes in order to create terror

I don't get this... sarcasm? sardonic?

Jesus never wrote a book

and I am not Catholic because someone told me to be... Please.. Why do Protestants ALWAYS seem to want to insult the intelligence of Catholics? Oh yeh.... I remmeber:

for the same reason lefties want to discredit and put down conservatives: to win

protestants want to win arguments more than they want to get themselves to Heaven, apparently

In any case, there's really no point in saying anything else bc there are 2 kinds of people in the world: those who know what it's like to be in Christ's TANGIBLE Presence and those who do not..

they cannot really dialogue together well

kind of a waste o'time

Silly Bonobo isn't a Protestant. He is a Marxist, an Atheist - but mostly a troll.

Just not a very good one.

you have never been taught all the evil done by protestants against Catholics bc... your pastor won't tell you..

As an agnostic, I have no dog in this fight.

But history shows a very different picture. The Church of Rome is universally the aggressor and traditionally extremely violent.

but it doesn't matter bc there is no place where humans gather that is not messed up... sinful... etc..

I've been Catholic all my life

never met a pedophile priest (that I knew of)
was able to overcome certain mortal sins the devil tried to keep me committing

and was able to spend time in Christ's tangible Presence...

so what part of all that is not good enough for y'all?

Whatever floats your boat.

The name Mormons was given to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints by non-mormons because we have The Book of Mormon. The name of the church is "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints". For the record, the church does not believe that the Catholic church ever held authority from the Apostle Peter. We believe that soon after the martyrdom of the Apostles in the 1st Century a great apostasy came about upon the church. Grievous wolves enter in among the flock and changed the doctrines of the church and the priesthood was taken from the earth. Only later did the Catholic church come about. We believe the Prophet Amos prophesied of this great apostasy that would come upon the church.

Amos 8:11-12
11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord:
12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it.

We believe that the true church of Jesus Christ will always be headed by a quorum of 12 Apostles in the church. The Apostle Paul taught:

Ephesians 4:11-14
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

The true church of Jesus Christ will always be headed up by a quorum of 12 Apostles until we all come into the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God... If a church does not have this organization, it will not be a true church of Jesus Christ.

To understand more what we believe regarding the Great Apostasy you can read about it in James E. Talmage's book, "The Great Apostasy" found at the following link: The Great Apostasy

You will find that the Silly Bonobo knows utterly nothing about Mormonism.

He is just trolling.

Uh, shit for brains, the Nazis are the democrats.#

What's a totally stupid nonsense propaganda.

• democrats have a scapegoat based on race. Whites are the new "Juden."

Jews and Germans are by the way the same for me and I guess Jews and Americans would be also the same for me in your country.

• democrats are collectivist, seeking control of the means of production by their Reich.

To be social and to be communistic is a very big difference. And we live in a time where everyone needs some money. So everyone needs a job - otherwise someone has to die or to become criminal. So what do you do with the people who don't get a job?

• democrats are totalitarian. Well duh.

Here you say "the Democrats" (political party) are not democrats. From my point of view I do not see this argument.

• democrats supplant civil rights with group privilege

?

• democrats eradicate the rule of law and create dictatorship based on the party

?

• democrats forcibly suppress religion

?

• democrats crush freedom of speech

?

• democrats create a police state

?

• and "Roger Stone" enemies for even minor process crimes in order to create terror

Eh?

A summary of empty phrases, isn't it?

Last edited:
As an agnostic, I have no dog in this fight.

You are an atheist and not an agnostics, isn't it? You seem not even to know what it means not to know. You are "allknowing" - independent from the stupid not-reality of your own thoughts.

Oh by the way Uncensored2008. The oldest social seddlement in Germany got this days their 500th birthday. It's the "Fuggerei" in Augsburg. In the 140 apartments of the 67 houses which Jakob Fugger spended in 1521 needy Catholic people of Augsburg pay 0.88 Euro rent - per year! Jakob Fugger made this to help people in need through no fault of their own. Reason for: His belief in god and his love for the people of his very old home city.

Last edited:
Well, as my priest said

lol at his candidness

The Church has had many bad popes. Francis is just one of them..

so true... I don't know about ALL the popes, have studied just a few... but boy, has there been so bad ones!

St Peter of course, was the best one... sigh

the good old days... (and I wasn't even there... !

but I just know...)
He was never a pope.

Forum List

Back